It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many people nationwide face loss of cheap policies under new health care reform rules

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Might I ask if your heathcare is funded by taxpayer dollars or if the company you work for has government contracts?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

VforVendettea

Might I ask if your heathcare is funded by taxpayer dollars or if the company you work for has government contracts?

I am self employed, have no government contracts, and I purchase my own health insurance.

I know it doesn't fit your stereotype, but there are more like me than you could imagine.

The difference between people like me and the loud voices on the Right Wing are that other people like me, people I work with all the time, usually don't like to speak out. They do their speaking with their money and their influence, they really see no need to waste time trying to convince the masses ...they know it is easier just to do what is needed rather than banging their head against the wall in discussions.

I'm a little different, I enjoy the discussions even if they aren't productive, and I know that the ones that get the message the most are the ones that simply read it and don't feel the need to reply. That is how I am with information I agree with, I have no need to reply simply to show my agreement unless I have something more to add. However, it seems the Right Wing is the complete opposite...they have a herd mentality and the need to slap each other on the back every time someone says "Obummer".

Liberals control almost every aspect of this country, the media, the arts, the entertainment industry, academia, the healthcare industry, and the legal system for the most part. The only parts liberals don't control are Corporate America, Agriculture, and the Religious institutions. The Religion institutions are on the decline and losing their influence fast...the Ag industry relies so heavily on government that they are a contradiction to their own beliefs, and Corporate America is slowly and slowly turning more liberal...but will most likely never be "liberal".

That is why people like me who are in Corporate America are not as outspoken, we are currently the minority and understand the disadvantages of making waves. That is why most of them simply speak with their money and influence instead of with their voices.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Oh, and by the way, it was a Master Medical plan.
I had vision coverage.
Dental.
Prescriptions.

Clearly a substandard package.

People all over the US are losing all or part of their coverage.
People that are living paycheck to paycheck are now being told they must squeeze blood from a turnip.

What this country needed was for the medical profession, insurance companies and drug companies to reign in their prices.
Tort reform was needed to cap the insane payouts being made on the backs of US citizens.
Not this nanny-state, big brother approach assuming we are too stupid to know how to spend our money.
The people being hurt the most by this don't deserve this treatment.

The fallout from this ill-conceived bill will damage the economy.
It will further erode the middle class.
The winners here: corporations, banks and insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

The people being hurt the most by this don't deserve this treatment.

Take it up with your employer, sounds like they made a financial decision and you were considered to be expendable. If they were already providing insurance and it was good insurance, there was zero reason for them to drop you.

If you are living paycheck to paycheck, one of two things are true. Either you qualify for subsidies and won't be hurt by the ACA or you are horribly mismanaging your money and making bad decisions.

Honestly, there is no other option.

If you had such a great insurance plan, what excuse did your company give you for discontinuing it?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

AlienScience
People love their guns more than their health in this country.

My gun provides and protects my health far more than my insurance policy does. I visit a doctor maybe once every 2 years, if even that. I use my gun a dozen times or more a year to put meat on my table and I carry a sidearm as the world's primary insurance policy against unwanted death, dismemberment, assault, and theft of my hard earned money.

My insurance policy doesn't do rip-squat to put food on my table and, while it will help patch me up from (some) of the aftermath of getting jacked by some piece of crap with an entitlement complex, my sidearm gives me a great chance at not even being the one who needs to use the medical insurance after that confrontation.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

My gun provides and protects my health far more than my insurance policy does.

That must be some gun...one that can treat pneumonia, cancer, diabetes, broken bones, heart problems and any other health issues.

I think I can rest my case...you are the perfect example of exactly what I have been talking about the entire time with priorities.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

AlienScience
The difference between people like me and the loud voices on the Right Wing are that other people like me, people I work with all the time, usually don't like to speak out. They do their speaking with their money and their influence, they really see no need to waste time trying to convince the masses ...

[SNIP]

That is why people like me who are in Corporate America are not as outspoken, we are currently the minority and understand the disadvantages of making waves. That is why most of them simply speak with their money and influence instead of with their voices.

Wait, isn't that exactly what the Democrats have beef with the Koch Brothers about?

Enigma or walking contradiction? Film at 11!

I do believe what you say about corporate America is very true, for what it's worth. A great example of it is the ACA, itself. Obviously the corporate giants in the health services and health insurance industry love it because they will be able to make a ton more money by mandated volume while retaining close to current profit margins as guaged on a per-insured contract basis. Obama did them proud for their massive *ahem* "donation" to his campaign. www.opensecrets.org...

Hell, the only industry that came close to those lopsided *ahem* "donation" numbers for Obama were lawyers... which makes perfect sense since the whole goddamned nation is nothing but a cess pool of litigation and confusing as hell new laws since he entered the office.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

AlienScience
you are the perfect example of exactly what I have been talking about the entire time with priorities.

And you are the perfect example of why I said there should be voter qualification tests for each citizen before they are allowed to vote in national elections. You can spout the party dictate, but you cannot talk off script, presenting any numbers of figures to back up your statements. I don't doubt you're an intelligent individual in the general sense, but in the aspect of the economy and truthful analysis of the facts as they have presented themselves about the ACA you're doing little more than parroting a party line.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Wait, isn't that exactly what the Democrats have beef with the Koch Brothers about?

Enigma or walking contradiction? Film at 11!

Maybe some do...I don't.

Or are you one of those people that think I MUST subscribe to group think if I closely align with a group???

I believe in fighting fire with fire...and since it is part of the system, I will participate in it. I don't make the rules, I didn't create the game, but I will play it to the fullest and bend the rules where they are being bent on the other side to attempt to keep the playing field even.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

And you are the perfect example of why I said there should be voter qualification tests for each citizen before they are allowed to vote in national elections.

And what exactly would you like to test me on? I will take any test you would want to throw at me, I am not shy about my intellect or knowledge and am fine in saying that any test would not be a challenge to me. I'm even comfortable in saying that no matter the level of the test, I would still be voting before you would...just saying...I'm very confident in my knowledge and intellect.

I do however oppose voter tests on principle because I believe that voting is a right, no matter how stupid you are. Stupid people are on both sides, I'd rather attempt to educate than use your tactic of denying their right.

How would you feel about people completing an intellect test to own a gun though? I think that is all the gun control we would need.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ok, I have to call foul here.

(beezzer blows a whistle and throws a flag on the play)

The measure of any level of intellect does not equate to being right.

It simply means you can argue your partisan side more effectively.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

AlienScience

I doubt it gets back to the SCOTUS, and if it does, they can't do anything about it because legally and technically it originated in the House.

In fall 2009, Mr. Reid introduced the entire text of Obamacare by proposing what his official website still touts as the “Senate Health Care Bill.” Using an obscure parliamentary maneuver unfamiliar to the Framers, he “amended” a totally unrelated and unanimously approved House Bill H.R. 3590 (416-0 vote). That “Senate amendment” gutted all 714 words of the House bill designed to grant a tax credit to veterans, and inserted the 379,976 words of the self-described “Senate Health Care Bill” — including $675 billion in new revenue-raising provisions. The only part of Obamacare that originated in the House is the House bill number, H.R. 3590. Not a single House Republican voted for this partisan and unconstitutional takeover of America’s health system.

Whatever legitimacy Mr. Reid’s legislative sleight of hand may have as a parliamentary maneuver for nonrevenue bills, what should be clear to all is its brazen illegitimacy under the Constitution’s Origination Clause. Even the Supreme Court, which dubiously upheld the individual-mandate penalty of Obamacare as a “tax” issued this caveat: “Even if the taxing power enables Congress to impose a tax on not obtaining health insurance, any tax must still comply with other requirements in the Constitution.” Obamacare is a tax bill that did not comply with the Origination Clause.

Our Founding Fathers were justifiably concerned that the power to raise and levy taxes should originate in the people’s house, whose members are closest to the electorate with two-year terms, rather than the Senate, whose members sit unchallenged for six-year terms, do not proportionally represent the American population, and already enjoy their own unique and separate Senate powers intentionally divided by the Framers between the two chambers.

FRANKS: Repealing Obamacare by defending the Constitution

I really think you are being intelectually dishonest when it comes down to laws and Taxes and how they are supposed to be made.

Everything written here is spot on. You dont care about right or wrong. Yes, the Supreme Court will see this again, regardless on how you view it or how I view it. There are too many questions raised.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I really think you are being intelectually dishonest when it comes down to laws and Taxes and how they are supposed to be made.

Everything written here is spot on. You dont care about right or wrong. Yes, the Supreme Court will see this again, regardless on how you view it or how I view it. There are too many questions raised.

It can go to the SCOTUS, but I highly doubt it will.

But the SCOTUS can't do a damn thing about parliamentary procedures. The "BILL" that passed was originated in the House, no matter how much it was amended. There are no rules or regulations that say how much a bill can be amended before it ceases to be that bill anymore.

So you may not like it, but that really doesn't matter. Legally, the ACA followed the Constitution.

IF the SCOTUS did rule against the ACA on that logic, then they would be drastically assuming power that was never granted to them in the Constitution.

This is just the next pipe dream for the anti-Obama people...it's not based on facts or reality...it is purely based on emotion and wishful thinking on their part.

The ACA is hear to stay, it is one of those pieces of legislations that once in affect it really can't be reversed. The only option to move away from the ACA is to move forward to a single payer system...and if that is your intended goal...I fully support it.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You know. . . .

The debate forum hasn't seen a lot of action lately.

I'd be willing to throw down a challenge on the Constitutionality of Obamacare (ACA) to any progressive who endorses this "law".

Any takers?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You don't have too, and just a few will debate the bill, the supreme court have not seen the end of the obamacrap debate yet, they are just getting warmed for what is to come in the next few months. he,he.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Spoken like a true fascist. People don't believe your ideology? Meh, just force them to accept it at gun point.

No truer statement ever spoken.
edit on 16-10-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

FlyersFan

AlienScience
Ironically, it only seems to be changing for Republicans...or maybe...just maybe...they are misinformed and not very knowledgeable about what is going on.

Just wait until all the inner city minority democrats go to pay their taxes this coming April and find that they have to pay a whole lot more because of Obamacare. The folks at H&R Block said that next year there are going to be a whole lotta' ticked off people ....

I can't wait for that.
It will be very entertaining to watch people that back this crap, see that it is taking money out of their pockets.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by sonnny1

The ACA was started in the House...it is H.R. 3590 of the 111th Congress.

Here, you can see for yourself right here.

www.govtrack.us...

I think the government holds the best interest of the country, not the individuals. But the majority of people are stupid, and collectively they can damage the country with their stupidity. If the country is damaged, I am damaged. So I fully support the government having to tell stupid people what to do when they can't figure it out themselves to prevent damage to the country.

Spoken like a true collectivist.

Did you run this idea past the rest of the people before you stated it here?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

AlienScience

damwel
My healthcare hasn't changed at all. Not one bit.

Neither has mine...neither has anyone in my family.

Ironically, it only seems to be changing for Republicans...or maybe...just maybe...they are misinformed and not very knowledgeable about what is going on.

www.dailykos.com...

Still want to pitch more crap???

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well, got my benefit enrollment information from my employer this week, and I sat down and did the math. To keep the same level of benefits I have right now it is going to cost me $63 more per 2-week pay period than I pay right now. That's $1378 a year more for THE SAME INSURANCE I have right now. The increase was over 50% of the amount I pay currently. This increase in my portion of my health insurance premium is the equivalent of a $.67/per hour PAY DECREASE. It's the largest insurance premium increase I've seen in the 5 years I've been with my employer. Now, before Obamacare defenders start accusing my employer of screwing me, let me state that my employer is eating part of the increase as well by contributing more on their side as well.

So, there it is. I'm officially against the ACA and anyone who supports it.
Go to Hell! Nancy Pelosi for "passing this before reading it.'
Go to Hell! Barack Obama for signing it into law.
Go to Hell! John Roberts and the rest of the traitors on the Supreme Court for finding this Constitutional.
and oh yeah
Go to Hell! Republicans for shutting the government down, and distracting the nation from what a clusterflop the ACA is. This shutdown is the most Quixotic thing I've ever seen in US politics. They had no chance to win, and instead of seeing working people like me raising hell loudly about how it is GOING TO MAKE IT HARDER TO FEED AND CLOTHE MY CHILDREN DUE TO HAVING LESS TAKE HOME PAY!!, we have a news cycle dominated by massive concern on whether our Veterans and Seniors are going to get paid next month. You've wasted a perfect opportunity to pound the President with HIS LAW, HIS PISS POOR IMPLEMENTATION OF IT, WITH REAL NUMBERS AND REAL AFFECTS ON WORKING PEOPLE, for two weeks of political theater that has accomplished nothing.
edit on 16-10-2013 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join