It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden's Back!! Well, at least talking in Moscow...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Received the 'Sam Adams' award in Moscow, "US allows government officials to lie to Congress and the people, but prosecutes whistleblowers...'

edit on 10/12/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Fixed Embedded Video.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

link to vid doesnt work. do you have any other links or sources?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Darn, Don't know why it doesn't work.

Just released on RT:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-10-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Go S Go! Got balls and has my respect. F..k..g hero!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite
Got balls and has my respect. F..k..g hero!

Bonjour,

I must concur.
It's beyond me how people can think that a corrupt government (like the US which is obviously decietful and murderous in intent) can have so many people which fail to grasp this one single concept:

Any non-disclosure agreement is NULL AND VOID with respect to alerting the populace about high treason being perpatrated indescriminantly by a tyranical state upon its own citizens and the citizens of other countries.

It's really not that hard to get so I can't fathom from whence this disconnect originates.
Most will claim: "It's the LAW" but many muslim countries would assert "It's the law to stone women to death who don't wear a hijab" and IMO, any law which would persecute whistleblowers like Snowdon are equally as pointless and downright criminal in nature.
But then again, that's just me and I'm just funny like that.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Obama should be pardoning both Manning and Snowden. The president comes out saying that we should review the NSA monitoring procedures. Hello, caused by Snowden's revelations? Yet he ignores the fact that Snowden is responsible for bringing it to the public's attention. It shows how his campaign promise of government transparency was nothing but a political ploy just to win votes.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

WeRpeons

Obama should be pardoning both Manning and Snowden.

Are you kidding me?
Snowdon and Manning are kryptonite to O-BWAHHHH-ma.
If they aren't already on one of his secret kill lists, they soon will be.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

It's not Obama's choice what happens to these guys, he's as fearful as anyone else is.
If he dares come out and say publicly that snowden should be pardoned and NSA investigated he wouldn't survive the weekend.

Imagine that, a US president actually going against the Government.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

That should be rephrased as:

"Imagine that, a US president actually going against the Military Industrial Complexe."

Then we'd be on the same page.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It's not Obama's choice what happens to these guys, he's as fearful as anyone else is.
If he dares come out and say publicly that snowden should be pardoned and NSA investigated he wouldn't survive the weekend.

reply to post by Agit8dChop

I understand your point, but if anyone has a conviction to run for president of the United States, you take an oath to uphold the constitution and protect the rights of its citizens. You should also have the moral conviction to be honest and do what's right. If you don't have the fortitude and strength to stand up and declare criminal activity as the leader in your government, you have no business being president of the United States. If a soldier takes risks serving his country, so should any other elected official.
edit on 12-10-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
A huge congratulations to Mr Snowden on the receipt of the Sam Adams award!

It is a beacon of light to see INTELLIGENCE is still alive and active on the planet, the light of hope shines brightly today!

The guardian

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A sad time isnt it? When telling the truth to the people gets you prosecuted and telling the official lies from the gov ot the people, gets you paid

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I think its getting better as now everyone is discussing it at all levels of society around the world, and at least 'regulation' is being talked about.

What is really sad is the 'war on terror' has destroyed privacy and freedom which is what everyone was fighting for in the first place, well it was until everyone woke up and saw that really it was about the resources of Iraq and Afghan i.e oil,drugs and minerals which adds up to a few billion with an ongoing annual yield plus the strategic global placements of said countries by a minority of self serving people (not to mention all the lucrative war profiteers).

This is common knowledge not just something people think in conspiracy forums anymore (your average Jo down the pub knows this now), and it is eroding the trust between us common folk and our Govs and security services which is not a good thing for any of us in society.

When everyone starts addressing the issue of regulation and oversight in a SERIOUS and 'trust building' way, we might be able to move forward creating a better society for us all globally.

From where I'm standing it doesn't look like most of us little folk need as much regulation as the folk that use it to their advantages, and that is sad, but more than that, its grossly irresponsible of them.

new topics

top topics

join