It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object spotted in sky over Cumbria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That is very cool. I have no idea what it is, but I'd like to see it myself. Even if it is a kite with LEDs it looks wicked. Nice find

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Florasaurus

I noticed a lot of jets flying about the Solway this week, that could explain that.

It's great when you are up on the fells and they fly through the valleys below!

reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Thanks, I will. As I said I'm a sceptic on UFOs (as in the ET type), however I do have an open mind and occasionally I see a video which intrigues me.

I have seen things myself that I couldn't explain, but I try to be rational about it. One time I seen a triangle of stars which moved together and as they did a 4th star (I use star just as a "point of light" reference) moved from the right and they all joined in the middle and disappeared. I always joke to myself that I seen ET taking a wormhole home, lol.

reply to post by gavron

I have no reason to doubt the guys word, as an amateur astronomer I can tell that he was definitely filming that on zoom, either through a telescope or other, you can't mistake that wobble trying to maintain a steady shot of a distant object, even on a tripod.

reply to post by HippyAIDS

I'm glad someone mentioned ball lighting, it is one of the first things I thought of....having never witnessed it, or seen pictures of the phenomenon, I have no idea what it would even look like.

reply to post by _BoneZ_

Thing is, it is rare that it is not windy round these parts, especially at that time of the morning, and even more so out in that direction....one of the reasons Cumbria has been targeted as the UKs major wind farm dumping ground. It would be nigh on impossible to keep an RC copter or a kite steady around here.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

While I can't identify it, I don't even see evidence that it's in the air. You can't see anything but the lights, so there's nothing you can really do with this video but say "Hmm, that looks strange.". I'm not gonna be all troll-ish about it, but there's no way to get anything useful from it as far as I can tell.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

woogleuk
It would be nigh on impossible to keep an RC copter or a kite steady around here.

Those are definitely LED lights in your video. It is definitely either a kite or RC copter. But you keep trying to rule out both for some unknown reason that only you know.

By the way, the windier it is, the easier it is to keep the kite steady. A good strong wind will keep a kite very steady in the wind. Slower winds make the kite move around a lot.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

_BoneZ_
Probably a kite or some other remote-controlled toy, but those are definitely LED lights. No UFO here.

Glad that we could get a definitive opinion from an expert on UFO's and extraterrestrials and their technology.

Nice video by the way, it would have been nice to get some perspective.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I'm not trying to rule them out anymore than I am trying to rule them in.

Truth is, I cannot tell what it is, and it probably does have a rational explanation...

I am trying to contact the guy and get some more info.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

PlanetXisHERE
Glad that we could get a definitive opinion from an expert on UFO's and extraterrestrials and their technology.

Did you read this whole thread? If an alien craft came down and started flashing multicolored lights a few hundred feet off the ground, that news would circle the world within minutes. So you know it's not an alien craft since it hasn't been on the news.

Real UFO researchers are knowledgeable in our technology. What incandescent light bulbs look like, what LED lights look like and how they operate. What known craft look like in the sky day and night.

When someone posts a video that looks like a known object like Gortex posted on the first page, then no real UFO researcher is going to claim ALIENS.

On that note, 99.9% of every single "UFO" posted in this forum and subsequently around the internet isn't a UFO. They're IFO's or hoaxes. Every time.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge

MarsSentinel
Attention,

Videos of blinky, flashy, jittery little lights in the nightime sky are NOT HELPFUL!!!!

Jebus, people. Stop with that crap already.

Yeah, I know. You were there and it was exciting and it damn well might have been interdimensional ET's flickering a secret, coded message just-for-you, but you know what - probably not.

At least if you are gonna make a bigass claim like, "A spaceship parked over my house last night" then give us enough evidence to make a judgment about it.

Tiny, jumpy, out-of-focus Lights in the sky aren't that evidence. Never have been. Never will be.

Understand - we _want_ to see the real deal, but _only_ the real deal. Sabe?

And who is going to say what is a real ufo or not? You?
i did'nt know that there is a standard for identifying ufo's. So what does someone do when they film a ufo? Is there somewhere or someone to tell them if its a "real" ufo or not?
"i wonder if i should post this bit of film, because im not sure if its a ufo or not"
Ridiculous. Do you even understand what ufo stands for?????
Here let me remind you....Unidentified Flying Object. Get it???? UNIDENTIFIED
Actually, maybe you could post a couple of "real" ufo's for us so we know what to compare future recordings to. Could you do that for us, huh?
im sure you know what is real and what is not.
Thanks in advance, i look forward to seeing what you post

wonderful response to a silly comment. applause.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!

Second line

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
First thing would be, very very doubtful it's anything the RAF have, not with those colour lights on it anyway.

Secondly, this is taken through a telescope, it would be handy to know exactly how big the main mirror/lens is, as that would then give, with the mag lens figure, a good idea as to the field of view we are seeing here. We could be looking at a patch of the sky about the size of a finger tip held at arms length.

Keswick is hardly a metropolitan area, in fact, it has a population of just under 5000 meaning I'd be very surprised, if it was someone with a RC craft that, they haven't come forward and it was 5;30 am. There is, of course, always the possibility that it was a deliberate hoax and they know the amateur astronomer and were specifically pranking them.

As it stands, it could be something really rather small fairly close to the lens, it could be something quite substantial quite some way from the lens.

I'd also point out that, if the person is an amateur astronomer the chances of them filming this through a window are slim to virtually none. Most amateur astronomers, particularly in a sleepy little town such as Keswick, keep their telescopes in a run off shed or a small purpose built dome. Given this was filmed through the telescope we can almost certainly guarantee the telescope itself was in a fixed position. I wonder if the witness had the foresight to note the right ascension and declination the scope was set at when he was filming?

As it stands, the best fit explanation so far is that, is it some LED lit RC craft however, we simply cannot say with any real certainty at all until the rest of the data is known.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
this does look interesting and i am not going to say its definitely not something strange. at first i thought it might be some small light up object against a dark background being filmed. it doesn't look like a quadcopter although to be honest i had never seen one until i found the video that was posted earlier in this thread. anyways it is possibly a ufo, who knows? the lack of reference like trees and houses with how dark it is makes it hard to tell.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not fake as in not Special FX but is there any reason this could not be a toy in a room or in the air? It is too good to be a real aircraft, looks like some kind of toy that can be controlled by a remote control..

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have one of these remote led ufo's for my son lol...

<< 1   >>

join