It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent breakthrough in nuclear fusion silenced by shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It takes energy to manufacture and encapsulate the hydrogen target into the capsule, and energy to pump the lasers.
And this experiment is still a net energy loss. Reducing loss is 'good' news. Overcoming the loss and creating a legitimate gain in energy, won't be silenced easily.

Anyone that's worked around RF and dealt with DeVry and other trade-school graduates, and has tried to explain to them why you can't have "positive" insertion loss will know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

pavil
reply to post by FryEvans

But how do you sell or package unlimited energy????

Theoretically, solar power is "unlimited energy". As a house only requires 14 kilowatts of power and 2 kilowatts of solar energy reach every square meter of Earth's surface, then solar panels with 50% energy efficiency require only 30 square meters of solar panels.

The profit is made from selling the solar systems, and whatever other energy production system there (hydroelectric dam construction, wind turbines, fusion. There still profit to be made if you have the technological know-how to the production and maintenance of such systems.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Here's a better idea. Make the entire project of freeing people from energy bills, a public service. Providing energy abundance to the citizen would be a very responsible choice on the part of national governments.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

I hear what you are saying, but we live in a society where a naturally occurring substance in a plant or animal is synthetically re-created in the lab for people so Drug Companies can make a buck.

I have no reason to doubt similar things will happen with any "free" energy devices.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There'll be no "free" energy until the people who own the oil have sold every last drop of it, and then it won't be free to us.

My dad told me that back in the early 60's there was an old guy in our town (in England) who'd invented an engine that ran off water, then one day he just disappeared and no one heard of him or his invention again.

If it is possible to get free energy, or run engines off water then they'll already have bought all of the rights and will keep them back until the oil runs out.

Maybe this is why they're talking about future water shortages already - getting ready to bump the price up.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
They say Its got the power of the sun, and its clean and save and self-sustaining called " self-sustaining nuclear fusion", that's really awesome...But then I think : power of the sun and what if this self-sustaining nuclear fusion burns out like our own sun ? can it go into a big bang? or in this case small bang? leaving a black hole or quasar ?? Maybe it's clean but save?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Power_Semi
There'll be no "free" energy until the people who own the oil have sold every last drop of it, and then it won't be free to us.

My dad told me that back in the early 60's there was an old guy in our town (in England) who'd invented an engine that ran off water, then one day he just disappeared and no one heard of him or his invention again.

I've heard about the last drop of oil bit.
But this old guy, did not the police or some1 investigate further
about his disappearance ?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Free, unlimited energy pales in comparison to the importance of infantile argy-bargy between the White House and lunatic Tea Party extremists.

(*pic related)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Don't know why they bother. Lockheed on track to build fusion reactors the size of a common Van. Due to the public in 3-5 years from now.

Popular Science

Maybe the Gov should stay shutdown...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

Power_Semi

I've heard about the last drop of oil bit.
But this old guy, did not the police or some1 investigate further
about his disappearance ?

I'll ask my dad.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well NIF doesn't work weekends. I sent them an email describing non linear motion. With their equipment and reminders of the obvious I predict we will have free energy before we elect a new president.

I discussed quantum entanglement, the derivitave of Temporal - Spacial Energy Trail Theory and Implosion Explosion Tracking for Optics, among other physics.

Let them do the math, I'm busy costing out Ipico 's and BBO 's to use with my Java Code for... holographics and exciting hydrogen-deuteranium to 100% fusion states . The free source free energy iPhone App! I really do need them to do the math though...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join