It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have a counter top water filter how many gallons will it actually do???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If you have a counter top water filter how many gallons will it actually do??? It says by the manufacturer that it will do 1000 gallons. But I never go by that stuff, I think that really means it will to 2 or 3 thousand at least. What do you think???? (I know I've done about 1200 gallons so far so I'm not sure if I should think about replacing it or would it be a waste of money. Because they cost like 100 bucks!)

it's this exact model:
www.naturalsolutions1.com...

edit on 10-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

spartacus699
If you have a counter top water filter how many gallons will it actually do??? It says by the manufacturer that it will do 1000 gallons. But I never go by that stuff, I think that really means it will to 2 or 3 thousand at least. What do you think???? (I know I've done about 1200 gallons so far so I'm not sure if I should think about replacing it or would it be a waste of money. Because they cost like 100 bucks!)

it's this exact model:
www.naturalsolutions1.com...

edit on 10-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

Have the water tested.

I've always changed my filters every six months - and I go through a lot of filtered water. Want to be safe rather then sorry. Also with RO sytems, the more cloged the filters the slower the rate of flow.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The filters may last as long as you want them to, but they definitely become less effective after their suggested filtering limit. It is recommended to change the filters once the limit has been hit. However, if your filters for that little thing are over $100, I would suggest getting a better water filter, something like reverse osmosis, as I got one not long ago, and the replacement filters are only $27.00 every 6 months, or 1000 gallons. This is the system I have for under the counter, www.aquasafecanada.com...

join