It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina House passes bill making ‘Obamacare’ implementation a crime

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

or maybe that don't believe it should be mandated.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here here!!!! I applaud soooooooooo loudly for S. Carolina. I use to live in Beaufort... Hot but beautiful... ( I digress) lol

I to am sick of the power grab of these people and those that are turning the house into big business instead of business for the people.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Thats the thing I dont have insurance. I get that through the state charity. its just a matter of doing a little work to get it.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Amen brother, I couldn't be behind you or support this thread any more than I do. This is one of the greatest mistakes our nation has ever made and it's backed by lies, deceit, and trickery. The age of gouging the people to spend endlessly on frivolous things and to implement further legislation drafted by lobbyists for the sole purpose of additional profits as opposed to the true benefit of the people is coming to an abrupt end.

This is why so many things seem off in America to the average citizen, this is why the police force is being militarized, it's the reason they want so desperately to take the guns and are so willing to stage heinous false flags to get them.

Nothing happens by accident when it comes to federal government and it's overreaching and unConstitutional power grabbing.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
"The Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that the United States federal government is authorized to exercise only those powers delegated to it in the Constitution."....Obamacare passed the senate, house, executive and judicial branches of government. Was deemed constitutional by the highest court in the land. These morons in South Carolina clearly aren't law experts...What if a state were to locally cancel out the federal second amendment right , this is the same

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Sestias

If you can't afford any healthcare at all you are probably eligible for other government programs, such as medicaid or WIC or etc. Those government programs cover your healthcare. Also, if you make up to about 30 times the minimum wage you can get assistance. Contact your Department of Social Services for the particulars and the programs available in your area.

You have also probably gone to the wrong insurance company for a quote.

Try one of the healthcare exchanges that have been set up in your state. They are all competing with each other for customers by offering the most benefits for the lowest prices.

I provide my own health care, to my own standards. I need no government approval or oversight to take care of myself as I see fit.

It does NOT involve insurance or any like scams.

It does NOT involve government handouts of any sort. I have no intention at all of EVER becoming dependent on government. it's supposed to be entirely the other way around - THEY are supposed to be dependent on ME.

The sort of "lowest prices" to be found at the exchanges are the very reason I stopped paying into insurance scams years ago. Those are not "low prices", they are sheer robbery - giving insurance companies their money for nothing and their kicks for free. I would consider a "low price" something in the affordable range at the least. Even then I wouldn't buy into it, on principle alone, but I would have less ammo to fight this travesty with if they had stayed in the affordable range.

Are you perchance an insurance salesman or working for the Federal HHS?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

CB328

I was shocked when they wanted some $400.00/month for crappy insurance with a $10,000.00 deductible!

That's not Obama's fault, that's because the medical industry in this country and the medical insurance industry are criminal enterprises. You've probably been blind to them and now you suddenly had to investigate and find out how they massively rip people off you decide to blame Obama. Typical.

Not me.

I don't care how they do business. I don't do business with them, so it matters nary a bit to me.

What I blame Obama for is trying to FORCE me to do business with them, against my better judgement.

Not gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
When are we going to see a class action lawsuit? The People v. United States

Why wait for any large change to happen across all the states, or to any one state? When all else fails, its up to the individuals to put it on record, in the courts, and start making ripples.

Legislation can pass for any population, but does not mean it can't be objected to by any individual.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
States rights VS federal rights was decided on may 10th 1865 and the states lost.
since it seems that states aren`t allowed to seceed i wonder if they can decide to just not be a state anymore?
Stop collecting taxes
claim bankruptcy
disband the state government and the state constitution
stop holding elections

if it is no longer carrying out the functions of a state then it`s not a state anymore and the people can decide for themselves how they want to be ruled,maybe they decide they want to be a british colony again?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

if it is no longer carrying out the functions of a state then it`s not a state anymore and the people can decide for themselves how they want to be ruled,maybe they decide they want to be a british colony again?

It would most likely become a US territory, the residents would be citizens but have no say in the government.

I actually think this is a good idea...more Red States should go this route...give up your State hood so you no longer have a voice in the government. Good plan.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Do you have the decision? Also does this apply to incorporated states (The State of ...) or an actual state (California State, South Carolina State, etc...)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This is B.S. I have family there. I don't understand why the lot of you hate Obama Care so much. I've researched papers on papers, blogs on blogs and threads on threads and only deduced that some of the ones who bash Obama Care doesn't know what t means to people cumming from where I'm coming from. You think it's another scheme for Obama to gain the advantage? In what? Giving people healthcare?

My mother had to raise 3 kids by herself since she was 19. She had to drop out and could never find a stable job. My mother was a very smart and resourceful woman. A few months ago she passed out in a subway in New York, where I was raised. She face planted so hard her front teeth flew out, got damaged mangled her mouth. She doesn't even have a dime to her name and moves from house to house. A few months before that, she broke her arm. Thanks to Obama Care, she had those teeth replaced. Thanks to Obama Care, me being damn near 1,00 miles away can even communicate with her. She's living a hard life I'm trying to get her out of. She's been struggling since the day she was born. Thank God for her health.

Some people re afraid to admit that Obama Care helps people in the end. People always talk about "Oh, get your lazy self up and start working." But you have absolutely no clue how it is trying to get out of where I come from. You have no idea the everyday struggle. My father found out a way, but at the cost of his health. Obama Care gives these people an extra push and the inspiration they need by knowing the government hasn't forgot about them. Something is finally working in the favor of us and a helluva lot of people starts to hate it, black and white. I'm tired of the upper-middle class not caring how things work out for my people, friends and family. Oh, there's not an upper-middle class anymore? Say that to the millions of people trying their hardest to find their way. Nothing's easy.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arashikage

It absolutely helps people but, in doing so, it is hurting more people.

The system is broken, there's no doubt about that but the cost to fix it shouldn't be mine to burden. If I wanted to support another family, I'd send money to Sally Strothers.

Unfortunately, Obama focused only on a small portion of the population when he put this thing into law. He didn't consider the massive hit the bulk of the people would take. Maybe he did and by not putting oversight into place to ensure the insurance companies didn't rape the system, he is now seeing things he wasn't expecting. I can't answer that. I can, however, tell you that premiums for people with insurance are going up, on average, 20%. People are being switched from full time employee to part time so employers can avoid paying their insurance and those people will not be able to afford obamacare.

The affordable care act is only affordable for a select few. The rest of us, as is usually the case, are taking it on the chin (or elsewhere if you prefer that visual).

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thank you for not calling me stupid names or coming out of character. I understand what you're saying, but not completely. I have a few questions like:

1. How's it hurting the majority?
2. So insurance company are being a tad greedier than usual?
3. Employers are taking benefits away from people to suit their pockets?
4. The people who can't agree to keep Obama Care don't want to, in essence, give money to the poor? So Obama's pulling a Robin Hood: not knowing how his "selfless" (I don't know how to not make him look like a good guy. Not cause I'm black, lol, but because it helped my mom out on multiple occasions. Call him what you want, he isn't my family)?

I mean, all my questions stem from the same theme: greed. But that doesn't have to be the case. I'm just still at a lose for what's going on. It wasn't actually explained to me. I don't see people getting hurt. I mean, basically, I'm hearing if these companies stop worrying about loosing not even half of the profit they make, life will be easier?

I stress again that these are just questions, not my actual beliefs. I don't have a lot of brain power right now. I kinda have the Itis and it's hotter than Satans toe nails in here.
edit on 10/12/2012 by Arashikage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join