It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NSA's Hugely Expensive Utah Data Center Has Major Electrical Problems And Basically Isn't Work

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Biigs
Why would the NSA put something like that in plain view...

NSA: "Hey, the world, we are the NSA and we have all the data anyone could want on anyone and its in this big building here, but its not working yet"

Reality: Its been working for many years buried some place only accessible by super secure remote connections.

That's what I am thinking. In a world of real terrorism, it makes no sense that the NSA would publicly announce the location of their largest data center. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

Not even Google announces where their data centers are located. They (Google) go through lengths to conceal they are building them....via middle-men, 3rd party construction companies so that no one can even know that Google builds/has a datacenter somewhere. So tight is security and so great the concern about potential threats.

And I shall believe that the most secret gvt branch publicly announces the location of one of its key facilities?
edit on 42013R000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago39PMThursdayThursday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by research3300

Thanks for the post, interesting but not surprising. Since this is a "one-of-a-kind" facility, like nothing else in the world, it's bound to have some hic-cups. As far as it being operational.......I am almost 100% confident that this facility is pumping 1000's of terabytes of information. Which personally I am not overly concerned about. Now if this facility was in China or Russia...I'd feel differently.

The most likely answer for this failure of course is.............

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I couldn't have said it any better.

Flag for you my friend.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Having worked around data centers in the commercial office building world as Chief Engineer I can imagine their issue,

Load balance is critical all the way from the transformer feeds, through switchgear and on through individual electrical panels.

3 phase power requires that individual 110V items be balanced between phase A, B and C.

This means the IT person must be aware of this balance of load when powering equipment racks. If not then overloads can occur from the individual power panel and propagate throughout a facilities electrical system to the point of overloading main switchgear or electrical feed cabling as is reported.

My bet is the project was so large that multiple vendors were involved in the design and installation of the electrical distribution system and nobody had ultimate control over load balancing the entire project.

Arc Flash from the upstream switches and gear can be lethal as the explosive flash and shock wave can cause severe burns as well as trauma to a persons body - its no joke to be anywhere near one of these events.

I wholly disagree with this facilities use as I understand it, I empathize with the maintenance personnel who are directly endangered by it.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I wonder if the prosperity preachers will put this one's on god back ( oh my god they had a gay couple working there]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join