It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We "Can" Do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There are too many of us that have given up on America because we know it is broken beyond repair. Our government is a run down antebellum with a bunch of degenerate losers sipping Martinis on the veranda, while others are indulging themselves with the servants upstairs or out back in the bushes. Our political representatives are only interested in one thing. How to remain in that cushy position they have up on Capitol Hill. We should spare them their angst and remove all doubt about their future on the hill. It is very simple, it is something we “can” do, and it may be the only way we can get America back on track.

We don’t need Congress to set term limits on themselves. It isn’t even fair for us to ask. It is like asking if you want your hand cut off with the green knife or the yellow one. We should never allow any politician to make a position a career; we are setting ourselves up to be used and abused. Every representative should be given a single term with the ability to run a second term if he has satisfied his constituency. If they fail, they are sent home. If they are doing a good job, they can be allowed to completed a second term. Under “no” circumstances will anyone in office be allowed to stay more then two terms.

When we elect people into a government position and they are allowed to stay indefinitely, their goals, their focus, and their efforts, are put towards keeping their position and not doing what is good for their constituency or our country.

We can take back our government. We have to take back our government. The only chance we have is by cleaning house and starting from scratch with a new batch. After eight years in office a politician becomes, complacent and corrupt. They development dementia and amnesia; they forget what they were elected to do and why they were sent to Capitol Hill in the first place.

Our government thinks it is invincible and they no longer have to serve the people that elected them into office. We have to show them they are wrong, and we need to show them the door. We need to throw away that whole paradigm of Left vs Right, Republicans vs Democrats and return to a government that serves the American people. Don’t let them lie to us. Don’t let them con us a single more day. We need to vote every single solid one of them out office.

We “can” do this.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Is.. this some kind of quotation from the 18th century? Because people said that then, too.

Or even in Greece, about 200BC.

With a high possibility even in Egypt, 4000BC.

The government is always separated from the ordinary people, as soon as it has established itself and gathered enough ressources to build a separating wall out of money and peons willing to do anything for money and power.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

While we are all 'useless eaters' to the PTB, there is in fact
one very precise, very non-intuitive, extremely narrow
way to accomplish exactly what you want. It wouldn't cost
one red cent, nor require any dedication of time from
anyone whatsoever. The method does not require technology,
"magic" or anything like that. It's so obvious that a child knows
how to do it.

And it pains me that people will dig up the lost continent of
atlantis (teasing) or loot king Solomon's mines before
discovering this 'secret'. I've known the secret for about 48
years. Nearly everyone alive would say that it
wouldn't work --- but it would.

Would anyone care to guess to what I'm referring? I'd be very
very impressed by anyone who knows the answer.

FYI OP, I'd dearly love to live in a world, where gutsy
"Mister Smith goes to Washington" or "Million man march"
would do some good... I really want your wish to become
true...

PTB

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Wow! That didn't take long. I guess some things we never grow out of, and Never Never Land still is thriving and growing.

I am so glad that my mother never allowed me to get away with saying " I can't" or " I don't know how".

There are indeed things I can't do or know how to do; but it isn't for a lack of trying.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

And it pains me that people will dig up the lost continent of atlantis (teasing) or loot king Solomon's mines before discovering this 'secret'. I've known the secret for about 48 years. Nearly everyone alive would say that it wouldn't work --- but it would.

I am surprised no one even ventured a guess, but the easiest things are always the most overlooked.

You have piqued my interest.

Don't leave us hanging.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

If a thousand honest men were not to pay their tax this year, that would not be a violent and bloody measure, as it would be to pay them, and enable the state to commit violence and shed innocent blood. This is, in fact, the only definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is possible.

As for adopting the ways the State has provided for remedying the evil, I know not of such ways. They take too much time, and a man's life will be gone. Statesmen and legislators, standing so completely within the institution, never distinctly and nakedly behold it. They speak of moving society, but have no resting-place without it.

-Henry David Thoreau, 1849

new topics

top topics

join