It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings Case - Update by Michael Krikorian - Oct 7, 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Michael Krikorian, the source of the security camera video footage that shows the final seconds of the Michael Hastings' fatal accident, has added another piece or two to the puzzle.
Make of it, as you will...

I had, personally, been waiting for some update regarding the friend (New York Times?) that had spent one of the last evenings with Michael Hastings.
Reference to said "friend" may be found in this "blog"...or, may not - as, they are certainly not "named" or otherwise identified.

But - to the tidbit that is sure to "get us going" (or - keep us going)...
Lead investigator on the case for LAPD, Det. Connie White, says that the case will probably take another couple of months to complete.
And - said Detective White followed that with another "bombshell" -
"No one is going to have access to that anyway."

Does this change anything?
You tell me...
edit on 10/7/2013 by WanDash because: accentuate

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm waiting for more Guardian releases. I hope the topic of cracking/hacking/backdooring automotive control systems is included.

Maybe a tidbit or two regarding domestic assassination programs.

That's the double barreled smoking gun IMO.

I feel it in my bones. Hastings was a domestic assassination. The truth will come out.
edit on 7-10-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
I'm waiting for more Guardian releases. I hope the topic of cracking/hacking/backdooring automotive control systems is included.
...Maybe a tidbit or two regarding domestic assassination programs.
...That's the double barreled smoking gun IMO.
...I feel it in my bones. Hastings was a domestic assassination. The truth will come out.

Do you think the Guardian will be making the releases...? Or - do you think they'll start sharing those "releases" through a network of others...like the ProjectPM group -- seeing how much they are being oppressed for the little that they have released?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I've read statements from the Guardian indicating they've used some sort of distributed approach. The strength of that approach is flexibility, the downside is the source may be new and relatively unknown. Vulnerable to misinformation attacks by more established media outlets.

Conspiratists are uniquely qualified to sort through that. h/t ATS.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I think it means that the government and corporations are in the business of assassinating U.S. citizens, apparently journalists especially, and even when the police department has proof of it, they are forced to work with the Feds.
edit on 7-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

darkbake
reply to post by WanDash

I think it means that the government and corporations are in the business of assassinating U.S. citizens, apparently journalists especially, and even when the police department has proof of it, they are forced to work with the Feds.

That could be...
Certainly seems fishy.
There is also the possibility that...they (LAPD) blew it so badly on this case, that releasing a "final report" would damage their reputation even more than it already is.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the follow up. If they aren't going to release details let's hope there's a leak on the info. What they are displaying with that is that there's something to hide.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

dreamingawake
Thanks for the follow up. If they aren't going to release details let's hope there's a leak on the info. What they are displaying with that is that there's something to hide.

Thanks for the thanks...
'Krikorian said that he would be doing what he could...to get a look at it. Guess we'll see.
As you say - I don't know what else can be made of the non-publication, than - they don't want us to know...something.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

First of all thanks WanDash for keeping this, in my view important investigation alive here.

I find the reason Krikorian gives in his final paragraph, for being done with this story rather lame.
Well, unprofessional to say the least.

As for Mz White saying that no one will get to view the final LAPD report... the mind boggles.
You'd think they would be keen to dispel the rampant conspiracy rumours not throw oil on the flames..

The only reason I can think of is that the statement (whether accident was real or not) is to serve as a warning to other journalists with the guts to take on the big guys.. my head hurts to try and think of another reason to keep it from the public ( unless gigantic errors during investigation are contained in said report... but if that were the case surely FOIA inquiries could be made by family at least, and a proper "independent" investigation should take place? )

If only Krikorian had half the guts Michael did...

x

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This may be a hit. This guy was messing around with the wrong people. The folks he messed with have surreptitiously murdered people all over the world, and have sent the worst kind of killers to do the job. If he was murdered, and there is no doubt he likely was, we will never ever know it, solve it, or bring the murderers to justice.
And that is a dam shame!

You tube link on the accident. It won’t run on ATS SO CLICK UNDERNEATH:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

bowaconstricta
...I find the reason Krikorian gives in his final paragraph, for being done with this story rather lame.
Well, unprofessional to say the least.

First - thanks for continuing to care.

Second - I don't think Michael Krikorian has any alterior motives at play. I think he's just like the rest of us. He has a job (which is not as an investigator - but as a writer/journalist) that he does quite well, in my opinion. But when it comes to "this expert says" vs "that expert says otherwise"...he chooses to go with the experts he's familiar with - which, in this case, is the LAPD (minimally).

In truth - I understand the sentiment for the reason given in that last paragraph...and would agree with it, if I believed Michael Hastings was barreling with a wreath of Hell's Bell's around his neck through those intersections...of his own volition.

...As for Mz White saying that no one will get to view the final LAPD report... the mind boggles.
You'd think they would be keen to dispel the rampant conspiracy rumours not throw oil on the flames..

The only reason I can think of is that the statement (whether accident was real or not) is to serve as a warning to other journalists with the guts to take on the big guys.. my head hurts to try and think of another reason to keep it from the public ( unless gigantic errors during investigation are contained in said report... but if that were the case surely FOIA inquiries could be made by family at least, and a proper "independent" investigation should take place? )

Again - I agree.
As it stands - and for as long as the case is not "closed" - they can refuse to divulge what they did and found.
Maybe they're just like us...hoping for some new tidbit of information....that proves they were "right" after all.
They certainly can't prove it with what has been made public so far.

What really frustrates me is that neither Doug Hagmann (the Private Investigator) or his unnamed cohorts in L.A. have given any further updates since broadcasting that his 40 hours of research had convinced him - this was murder.
If they found info that proved that conclusion to be a little premature - it would still do them good "to ADMIT it", rather than simply hoping it would fade unnoticed into history.

I'm still working on this... Sifting through everything we've talked about on this site, and looking for anything relevant elsewhere.
Thanks for the conversation!!!!!! Glad to know you're still here and well (hopefully).
edit on 10/10/2013 by WanDash because: to be or not 2-B

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Willtell
This may be a hit. This guy was messing around with the wrong people. The folks he messed with have surreptitiously murdered people all over the world, and have sent the worst kind of killers to do the job. If he was murdered, and there is no doubt he likely was, we will never ever know it, solve it, or bring the murderers to justice.
And that is a dam shame!

I suspect it to have been murder. And, while you may be absolutely correct -that "we will never...know it, solve it, or bring the murderers to justice", I continue to hold hope that there is evidence that will prove what happened. As it stands, the evidence on both sides of the argument (Tragic Accident / Assassination) is pretty evenly weighted. IMO
We need to find the lynch pin.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Thank you for the update. I enjoyed your exchange with MK on his web sight. Thank you pointing out some of the weak points in the LAPD's and his theory.

I agree with MK that blowing through the intersections at uncontrollable speeds was an unforgivable act. Strange how that is a point that convinces me Hastings was not in control of the car, and it is a point in convincing Krikorian that it was an accident. Probably not so strange. Those types of differences are quite common among us humans. I will never understand how there can be so much agreement on facts but not conclusions.

I do not understand Detective White's remark that no one would see the report. Are not police reports subject to freedom of info laws? With all of the media attention I would think the police report would be part of the public record. Can police departments redact and claim security concerns? I understand that if a prosecution is involved, info can be with held.

The largest disappointment for me is the lack of info from family, friends, and colleagues. Where is the story MH was working on for Rolling Stone? Where is a private investigation of the scene and car? MH had many powerful friends & family with considerable resources. If MH was murdered they should be able to find evidence and bring a lawsuit. If there is no evidence then disclose that to quell conspiracy theories. As it stands now the whole collection appear to be scared and intimidated. I do not want a puff biography/Hollywood movie about MH life telling me how fearless he was.

I do appreciate Krikorian writing his conclusion. I do not believe he is part of a cover up. I do not understand his refusal to make more security tape of crash available. I understand his conclusion and respect it. I have to wonder if his relationship with LAPD has influenced his conclusions and investigation. Not a good career move to antagonize the department that trusts you and gives you access. MH was very aware of that type of journalistic pressure.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

barabajagal
…I agree with MK that blowing through the intersections at uncontrollable speeds was an unforgivable act. Strange how that is a point that convinces me Hastings was not in control of the car, and it is a point in convincing Krikorian that it was an accident. Probably not so strange. Those types of differences are quite common among us humans. I will never understand how there can be so much agreement on facts but not conclusions.

Thanks for pointing that out.
I didn’t want to debate the point with him.
As you – if I were convinced he was in control of the car (*with a singular exception of some kind of mind-altering Terror in pursuit*) blowing through those intersections of his own volition – I would probably be glad that one less terror was on the road to worry about.

I do not understand Detective White's remark that no one would see the report. Are not police reports subject to freedom of info laws? With all of the media attention I would think the police report would be part of the public record. Can police departments redact and claim security concerns? I understand that if a prosecution is involved, info can be with held.

Again – good points.

The largest disappointment for me is the lack of info from family, friends, and colleagues. Where is the story MH was working on for Rolling Stone? Where is a private investigation of the scene and car? MH had many powerful friends & family with considerable resources. If MH was murdered they should be able to find evidence and bring a lawsuit. If there is no evidence then disclose that to quell conspiracy theories. As it stands now the whole collection appear to be scared and intimidated. I do not want a puff biography/Hollywood movie about MH life telling me how fearless he was.

PRECISELY! There’s no “slam-dunk” here. There may not be two separate interpretations of the “evidence” that show the same conclusions…anywhere.
I can understand Family’s desire to put some distance between their pain-of-loss and persistent reminders - - - - - - but - - - - - - if it was “just a tragic accident” - - - if - - - he “flew too high, then crashed and burned” - - - then, as you say – why not make any evidence…that would prove the same…public?
I am befuddled by their silence.

Will follow this reply, with another…
Thanks for staying tuned.

ETA: I believe the subsequent "reply" will better be suited in another thread...so - if you care to read it - it's found here.
Thanks again.
edit on 10/20/2013 by WanDash because: change of mind and venue

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seandean

Thanks for the tip... All I get from the two links is a picture of the cover of a special (Security) edition of AutoWeek.com's October 14, 2013 cover. Would appear that it contains some interesting information. Any link/s to (or briefs on) the substance of the articles?

ETA: Thought I'd place the url, here...for future reference, in case anything gets lost...
www.pdfmagaz.in...
edit on 10/25/2013 by WanDash because: Future-proof

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The article can be viewed directly on Autoweek here:

www.autoweek.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Thanks!
Will take a look at it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Thanks again, for the article.
Some interesting information in there.
Too much for me to give any "snap-summaries"...but, what I really found interesting was -
Stephan Savage (of University of California San Diego fame), and his distinguished team carried out a series of exercises "for the Obama Administration" called 'Cyber Storm"...

A lot of interesting stuff, in there...
They can take over the brakes and accelerator, apparently, without much problem. They are only able to wrest control of the steering (or, disable it) in vehicles with self-parking &/or autonomous lane-correction capabilities.

Auto manufacturers and code-writers are going to keep this vulnerability alive for a while to come.

new topics

top topics

join