It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

www.usnews.com...

We are coming whether they like it or not. We're not asking for impeachment, we're asking for the arrest of everyone in government who has violated their oath of office."

Conlon cited the idea of a citizens grand jury – meaning a pool of jurors convened without court approval – as the mechanism for indicting the officials.

"We want these people arrested, and we're coming in with the grand jury to do it," he said. "We are going to ask the law enforcement to uphold their constitutional oath and make these arrests. If they refuse to do it, by the power of the people of the United States and the people's grand jury, they don't want to do it, we will. ... We the people will find a way."

'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen

drudgereport.com...

Police must detain 'accessories' to 'treason' or truckers will, organizer says

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.

Conlon and Andrews say Obama committed "treason" by allegedly funneling weapons to al-Qaida-linked rebels in Syria. Members of Congress who support arming Syrian rebels, Conlon said, are accessories to the alleged crime. He identified House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., as politicians he will seek to arrest for alleged acts against the Constitution.

So, on the morning of October the 11th, things could get quite interesting in DC it seems. Apparently they have over 3000 RSVP's so it will be big news.

In fact, it could potentially be massive news if SHTF when these blokes attempt to arrest any of the congressmen.

It's almost certain that anyone attempting to "arrest" a member of Congress would be arrested themselves for attempted kidnapping.

So, what about you?

Do you think this is a good idea?

Will it lead to a nation-wide awakening?

Are you sick and tired of being constantly lied to by your "2 party" government.

How badly do you want your country back?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

While sympathetic to their cause, I cannot help but think these truckers are being enticed into a trap. This outrage is being actively provoked by the Obama administration.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Unfortunately, while it should be "big news" if it happens, they had even more bikers show up, and I never saw a thing about it on our local, or world news the night of, or the day after.

Although, if they actually do try to arrest members of congress, they will probably be all over the news, labeled as domestic terrorists.

Personally, I think it is a great idea and I support them. Gonna make things interesting here at work though, if we can't get a truck in for a pickup, but oh well, some customer will just have to wait an extra day.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You can't just make your own courts and convict whomever you want. It just doesn't work that way. There are a few sovereign citizens in jail right now as proof.

I hope that guy plans on driving trucks forever, because if he tries anything radical he won't be getting on an airplane anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think the scale houses in Maryland and Virginia will be as busy with inspections on the night of the 10th and morning of the 11th as they've been for years ...and trucks sitting in the penalty box for as far as the eye can see. That's what I think will likely happen here.

I'd also hope they drop trailers before going into the district if they intend to enter the Capital zone itself. Those trailers can and WILL be taken for possible VBED bombs. One, if they were that (which I know they aren't...but the excuse will be too good to say that) would blow the White House off it's foundations from Penn Ave. (Hence the blockades to prevent one getting that close).

I think the feds will do anything it takes, and use whatever force is necessary ...if any actually get off the loop and onto D.C. streets with no obvious business down there.

We'll all see on the 11th, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I completely agree, I think Obama wants nothing more than to get rid of Congress! Then he can do as he pleases without anyone in his way.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

AnonymousCitizen

While sympathetic to their cause, I cannot help but think these truckers are being enticed into a trap. This outrage is being actively provoked by the Obama administration.

agreed,

a general national tax-strike would be a way more effective way to "return the pain" and put the scum into place
it's a pity the vast majority are sheeple, though and it would never gather enough support they'd rather bash illegals having been offered them as the latest scapegoat:

Park Service OKs immigration reform rally on 'closed' National Mall
www.abovetopsecret.com...

these truckers will be treated harshly by the "authorities", no doubt, as a threat to THEIR security COUGH* I mean national security.

OT: check your inbox

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Agreed, maybe they will bring the nationwide drills forward a few days.....just in case.

The Obama administration takes it's orders from money-bags.

If it started and kept going until all the players were nabbed that would just about see a warless planet.....imagine that.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Out of interest, is there a legal right in the US for a citizens arrest of a congressman/woman for breaching the constitution?

I am unfamiliar with constitutional law in this regard.

Has it ever happened before?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I think it is a step in the right direction too - even if it is only to get the message out and engrained in the collective psyche of the US population that they are being screwed left and right.

"Evil prospers when good men do nothing" springs to mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The truckers are well within their rights to arrest anyone they so choose, but there is a catch. You have to get the consent of the partyyou are placing under arrest and they have to willingly follow you to the nearest police station.
If they attempt to apprehend them, kidnapping charges would apply.

Somehow I doubt these congressmen would go willingly. Unless these guys are weilding weapons. In which case, this thing turns ugly.

Still yet, it will make a strong statement. Whichis the point.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. A bunch of truckers, who have no idea about what rule of law means, still less the actual meaning behind the Constitution, want to come to Washington and arrest a bunch of Congressmen for what they classify as 'treason'. I have a few questions. One, what exactly do they mean by treason - how exactly do they classify this? Two are they, perchance, teabaggers?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Sublimecraft
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Out of interest, is there a legal right in the US for a citizens arrest of a congressman/woman for breaching the constitution?

I am unfamiliar with constitutional law in this regard.

Has it ever happened before?

If something is done that is thought to violate the constitution the law can be challenged in court. While The President and Congress may have opinions of what is constitutional along with an army of constitutional lawers the final arbiter are the courts. What is or is not constitutional has been debated non stop even by the people who created it. And no you can not arrest a member of Congess for violating what you think the Constitution means. So if some random trucker tries they will be arrested. If someone has a problem with any law they have the right to take it to the courts.
edit on 7-10-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think the feds will do anything it takes, and use whatever force is necessary

What's sad is that I am on the other side of the planet and I could not agree more with that statement.

I hope that your Constitutional Republic does not morph into a dictatorship.....because it's starting to look pretty blurry these days.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes I think this is a good thing and if it gets any news, which it may not considering the government appears to run the news these days.. it could very well lead to an awakening..

One thing is for certain, everyone up on capital hill needs fired....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Also, the truckers need to bone up on their law speak a little.
While one may be able to make a half-assed argument for treason, they would be better off trying to charge these guys with High Crimes and Misdemeanors.
The burden of proof isn't nearly as hard to establish.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Thanks for that, it's appreciated - it appears that any attempt to arrest a congressman is not going to end well for the truckers then.

It's an unfortunate state of affairs when citizens are that worked up by government action/inaction that they are willing to circumvent the law of the land to get their message across.

Then again, if they are determined enough, and have enough support anything could happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I agree with AnonymousCitizen, this could very well be a trap. And what better way to utilize "force" than
against an out-of-control convoy of crazed truckers ! Hell, they'll be heroes again, the police will ! Didn't they just save D.C. from some crazed mother driving a black car ? Shot her dead ! They're heroes ! Imagine what they can conjure up about the truckers! They couldn't possibly have any good intentions if they don't do what they're told and call it off !

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What is blowing my mind away is the blatant complacency I am seeing in some of the reactions here...

"Oh, what you are doing is the wrong way to do it...you need to go through the courts to do it..."
"Oh, I don't think this is the right way to do it..."

Heavily paraphrased, btw.

The situation we are in requires *something* to happen.

Without it, nothing will change, other than a steady progression along the path we are already on.

I wish I could join these men. I wish more people shared the sentiment and the dream.

-SN

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

SadistNocturne
What is blowing my mind away is the blatant complacency I am seeing in some of the reactions here...

"Oh, what you are doing is the wrong way to do it...you need to go through the courts to do it..."
"Oh, I don't think this is the right way to do it..."

Heavily paraphrased, btw.

The situation we are in requires *something* to happen.

Without it, nothing will change, other than a steady progression along the path we are already on.

I wish I could join these men. I wish more people shared the sentiment and the dream.

-SN

I'd like to point out that the idea behind this march sounds perilously close to letting loose a lynch mob.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join