It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Ticket Girl’s Pink Barbie Jeep For Blocking A Driveway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Mod Note: I tried to place this in the Breaking Alternative News forum, but after filling out the form I realized that there was no "Post" button at the bottom. Please move to that forum if you are able.

lasvegas.cbslocal.com...

American Fork police ticketed a little girl’s pink Barbie Jeep after an officer noticed it in the road blocking a driveway, according to KUTV. Two sisters, 7 and 9 years old, reportedly left the Jeep in the street after riding around in it. An officer saw the vehicle and placed it in their driveway. When their dad woke up the next morning, he noticed an “abandoned vehicle tag” on the Barbie Jeep.
For a change I'm posting a "Good Cop" article, because the headline, while technically accurate, slants the story heavily.

2 young girls left their Barbie jeep in the road, blocking a their parents driveway. An officer on patrol saw the car, got out, moved it to the driveway, and left an "Abandoned Vehicle" ticket on it.

However, the ticket had no fine or penalty attached to it, as a real one would.

I see this as a positive thing. The officer moved the toy out of the road where it might have obstructed traffic or been destroyed by someone not seeing it or deliberately destroyed out of maliciousness, then left a friendly "warning" to prevent them from doing it again. To me, this is the kind of behavior we need to see from our law enforcement officers.

For as much as we see people fined and put in jail for ludicrous reasons these days, to me this is a reminder that some police still have a sense of humor and decency.
edit on 7-10-2013 by QuantumCypher because: Correction to title and added link

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

Community relations is what it's called, I think. It gives a heads up to the parents of the girls and with a genuine ticket, the lesson is obvious. It was well-played warning, imo.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just so I'm on the same page, we're talking about one of those "Powerwheels" kind of kids toy right? Like a miniature jeep?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Good deeds like this will be forgotten the second a person posts a bad cop story. Then all LEO will once again be horrible and the scum of the earth just out to bring in the NWO.

People are predictable.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So they are teaching children to hate the man at a early age. They better stay clear of these kids on Halloween.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yes, one of the little toy drivable cars, not one of the small ones you push the Ken and Barbie dolls around in.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Yeah, that was the phrase I was looking for. Like I said, I think they handled it in a professionally humorous kind of way, almost Andy Griffith style.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

That's why I brought this to ATS's attention. With the slew of horrible cop does bad thing stories, (most of which I agree with) I think it's important to remind everyone once in a while that not all LEO's are like that.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If they were trying to teach the kids to hate cops, they could have made the ticket with real fines, anything from littering to obstruction of traffic. They could have taken the toy and thrown it away as "abandoned". They did not. They left a friendly funny warning, and the issue was resolved without anyone going to jail or getting a $2500 fine (like the 3 year old who peed in his front yard.)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Just because this one officer decided to get his lazy, over paid butt outta his vehicle and decided not to shoot their dog, doesn't mean he's some sort of decent person. Cops are ALL bad. They all support a defunct justice system and are furthering the agenda of the Government. They should all be arrested for treason...the lot of em.

On a side note....where are all those great "Oath Keepers" now that the Parks Service are putting barrycades up around We The People's monuments?? They're just another fricken scam among many.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Personally, I am surprised the cop didn't call a flatbad to tow it to the impound at the owner's expense lol.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That was my point in posting the article. Based on what we read every day, something like that happening has become the norm, what we would expect. What this LEO did wasn't the norm, and I thought it should be highlighted to counterpoint what we get shoved in our faces every other day.

top topics

join