It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reminder: true self / happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
if you're ever unhappy it is because you are focusing on the absence of what is it that you like.

Happiness is feeling satisfied. If you see the advantage (benefits) of all situatoons then your mind makes that the main focus instead of the lack.

Even in a bad situation, can you see the advantage,/benefit? Can you see the hidden beauty in the "ugly"? Can you see the good in the "evil"?

It is your responsibility to keep yourself happy regardless of circumstances , why? Because you will suffer (not be happy) otherwise.

When you see everything as Helpful and focus on how even the worse things are helpful in some ways then you feel more appreciative more HAPPY (more like your true self)
edit on 6-10-2013 by arpgme because: spelling errors

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not for those in bad situations. And Family above would never expect a human being who had their child taken from them, who was experiencing extreme violence and starvation, who was living at wits end, to look for the happiness in the moment.

This world has far too many people living in hell and those who aren't need to ignite their compassion and do something about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Peace is living without naming things as good or evil, beauty and ugly, happy or unhappy etc.; those distinctions make things appear satisfactory or unsatisfactory moment to moment. A person can label something all they want, it is not going to change its material nature, when stuck constantly discriminating an infinitude of impermanent things, there is no peace to be found.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I pretty much agree. I have been down before. Mentally down, physically down, financially down. Literally starving. So when I see myself getting in any way 'down' now, I start counting my assets. Smallest asset first. Literally I start like this:

I have good shoes on my feet. (One winter, I only had slip on sandals, freezing weather.)

It doesn't take many assets being counted, even small ones, to shrink whatever problem I THOUGHT I had.

new topics

top topics

join