It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You Might Hate Obamacare, But It's Saved These People's Lives "

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by solomons path

15 Myths The Media Should Ignore During Obamacare Implementation

Myth #2: Premium Prices Will Increase Due To Health Care Law

Mine would, so not a myth.
Would go from $502 with 5000 co-pay to over $900 with higher co-pay.

edit on 10/6/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

link   

Onslaught2996

And here is one of the haters of Obama Care, I was talking about.

Nothing to counter just say it is full of lies..etc. No name calling yet.

I did counter. You obviously didn't read my whole response or the many other posts I've added to this thread. If you want more specifics ask away, as opposed to posting links to administration sponsored propaganda.

link   
reply to post by Willtell

Still off topic..

There are some people who dont like either Bush or Obama..

Review my one posts a page or 2 back..

Either way I am going to lala land that is not here..

::EDIT::

The post wasn't here somewhere else anyway..

edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Your putting a link to back yourself up from media matters???????

That is like the Conservatives putting up a link from the KKK!!!!!!

Please try again!

Media Matters has been proven as a front group to support Obama come hell or high water, and it was financed by the wanted criminal George Soros!

But hey, If you want to be associated with a wanted criminal such as George Soros, then by all means continue!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

15 Myths The Media Should Ignore During Obamacare Implementation

Myth #2: Premium Prices Will Increase Due To Health Care Law

While people can still find a policy where their premiums don't increase, it will mean their coverage will be effected in other ways. Same premium . . . higher deductibles. Same premiums and same deductibles . . . reduced coverage and higher co-insurance rate.

So, you can either choose for your premiums to go up or have more out-of-pocket costs and less coverage.

Not a myth . . . saying so, is not telling the whole story and amounts to a lie to foster the propaganda.

edit on 10/6/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

solomons path
. . . saying so, is not telling the whole story and amounts to a lie to foster the propaganda.

Repeat a lie often enough, and long enough, and people will believe it is the truth.

Just like if one keeps calling a child a brat, the child will become one.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Another Obamacare hater..nothing to counter, just make claims against the sources and may I add...ONLY ONE OF THE SOURCES..

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

abecedarian

solomons path
. . . saying so, is not telling the whole story and amounts to a lie to foster the propaganda.

Repeat a lie often enough, and long enough, and people will believe it is the truth.

Just think 9/11/01...

Onslaught2996

Another Obamacare hater..nothing to counter, just make claims against the sources and may I add...ONLY ONE OF THE SOURCES..

Again this is ATS not facebook.. I would think most people would have gotten this by now..

Search function is your freind man.. really it is..
edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

edit on 6-10-2013 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Yet again nothing to counter.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The system was most definitely broken, as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

I am hoping you will listen to my story on a human level, with compassion, and I'm not sharing it to promote a law, but to demonstrate the problems that were clearly there in the system Before the law, that effected my life. I realize that my situation may seem unique, but it really isn't.

I had cancer at age 22. My father was able to cut a deal with his employer to keep me on the plan, back in the days where employers might do something like that.

After remission, and after I was no longer on my father's plan, I was unable to get coverage on my own for 10 years no matter what - automatic denial.

Through the one job that I had that provided insurance, cancer, including follow-up treatments, were not covered. I did not have follow-up exams to make sure I was staying in remission. Given what I'd been through, (6 months of chemo) that was really dangerous.

So I waited to have kids, until I could get insurance, and then I had to purchase a separate "Maternity Rider" which was expensive and required something like 9 months (might have been longer) paid-in before I could get any benefits. So more waiting. I had children much later than I would have liked to, in spite of being married from age 22.

Is this Freedom? No. This is having your life controlled by an insurance company.

Now I have a special-needs son - he has severe autism. I was surprised to find that the vast majority of "developmental disability" therapies were not covered by insurance. We are not wealthy, so we had to get our child recognized by the State as being "disabled" so he could get benefits - part of that is basically turning him into a potential 'ward' of the state just so we could get him some help.

The for-profit insurance company, rather than pay benefits, dumps the vast majority of "developmental disability" issues onto the Medicaid system (and the taxpayers!). He was on a waiting list for 2 1/2 years after his diagnosis (and we are talking full-tilt non-verbal classic autism here). I never thought I'd be in that position, given our "awesome" insurance plan.

I'm not complaining about Medicaid - once we got it, we were able to at least get some help for our family. I'm grateful to EVERYONE for helping our family through something so intense that unless you've experienced it, it's impossible to understand.

Finally, we had another son with a major medical problem requiring major surgeries and intense follow-up, which will continue for the rest of his life. It was definitely a "pre-existing condition," which, should he survive to adulthood, would have forced him to make a choice between poverty (so he would qualify for what he could get via Medicaid) or having no health insurance, which in his case is extremely unsafe.

Again - is this Freedom? Or having your life, your entire destiny, ruled by a corporation that works on a numbers game to make vast profits.

All of these situations are true and real for me and my family. They have been the source of great pain and sacrifice. They aren't anyone else's responsibility or fault or anything like that and we have done the "responsible" thing in regards to having health insurance. The system was set up to make it even more difficult, painful and frightening.

The ACA is not perfect, and could be made better, but it at least addresses (or begins to address) the very serious problems I've experienced in my life.

Insurance companies are designed to make money. That is what they do, to the exclusion of compassion. They sell product and they expect to make huge sums of money doing it. It is important to realize this fact. I didn't until 1) I worked in an insurance company, and 2) I found out just how much they Didn't pay out. THEY DON'T CARE!!!

So, I personally see corporate greed putting people's lives at risk in order to make millions of dollars as being highly problematic to the notion of Freedom and Self-Determination.

I see the ACA as both propping up the insurance industry and addressing some of the problems I've experienced with the insurance industry that are potentially life-threatening to people (it was for me!). It is a massive compromise to the corporate interests, as well as a means of forcing them to do things they would not otherwise do.

So, I don't hate the law. I hope you will not think badly of me for that.
If you do, well then, walk a mile in my shoes - you may feel differently at the end of that journey. Or not. I don't know...

I offer all this respectfully, knowing the law effects people in different ways.

peace,
AB

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Once again you will see nothing to counter, just claim off topic. If it was I am sure Mods would have done their job.

link   

ThichHeaded

abecedarian

solomons path

Just think 9/11/01...

The irony in that is that the people who think the government faked the WTC event are the same ones bent over backwards in support of ACA.

If the government lied once, wouldn't they be likely to lie again?

link   

I don't know if this guy is a real doctor or what his specialty, is but there is a lot he is leaving out or skirting over. Most disturbing for me is that he is being paid to make this commercial by Kaiser. I had a bad experience with that insurance company and let's just say it left a really bad taste in my mouth. I didn't find them to be the most honest company I have ever dealt with and you may want to look into their relationship with the IRS while you are checking these things out.

It was a long time ago that I had the issue with Kaiser and by now, who knows? They may have changed their spots.

link   
Obamacare hasn`t even been implemented yet and it`s already saving lives?
When it is fully implemented it will probably be able to walk on water.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

And you are simply someone who doesn't have facts to back their statements, so you rely on insults and posting debunked claims repeatedly.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Nice propaganda there on that OP, I am sure Obama loves the thread.

I am sure also that my husband and I will be very happy also to know that we are paying for this people's health care when we get not help with ours.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Great story but the right wing member will call you a plant, shill or whatever they can come up with.

Truth and facts are not welcome in a good old Obama or his health care plan bashing thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

That was the first thing that came to mind that Is why I call it propaganda.

edit on 6-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

If they are debunked claims then it should be easy to for you to post links showing this..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join