It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Vision Viewing and UFO Hunting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by donktheclown

The camcorder is:

Phantom Lite Full Spectrum Camcorder 16 mega pixels. And I have no idea if you're supposed to use it in nighttime, or daytime. I've done both, but at night you don't see a lot, mind you I didn't stay out till mid night with more stars. It makes a funny color, drab, in daytime. So I got a light that goes with it. Its full spectrum light box, but I don't want to point it up, we moved end of August to a very small town in interior, and the mountain behind our place is a flight path. So don't know what I'm supposed to do, sit out all night when we've had bears on the property? I would want a group.

And the point of the phantom light?

Then I have a coolpix nikon camera, just got it recently because my kids always have my camera, and the videos are now foggy. its an l820.

And have celestron powerseeker 70EQ telescope now.

However, the telescope will take some getting used to, we had it out and kids looked through it. I want to get a book on astronomy and telescopes or a good pdf.

I bought something you attach a camera to a telescope.

Now it doesnt really matter if you have high end military equipment or low end, if you take a picture of what we saw many times, it would be an orb. Sometimes a different shaped light may turn up.

So, if and when a person manages to capture something, even if they're up close and personal with it, ie being contacted, I don't see how the video would ever matter, it would just be hottly debated with many trying to tell you it wasn't the size you saw, it wasn't where you saw it, its a bird, its a bat, its a balloon, etc etc. Its the kind of debate that makes someones eyes glaze over.

But if a person had a group, while there still would be distractors, there are more interested nonentheless, like eceti ranch. They tend to use very good equipment and you get light orbs, some of them power up, or orb orbs. But you don't get the real shape of the craft, ie. saucer, cigar shaped, triangle, etc, you just get the light covering the craft.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

TheEthicalSkeptic

FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Nice post, thanks for sharing an educated opinion which leans to the agnostic point of view, as opposed to the typical pseudo-skeptic malarkey that goes on here at ATS.

I've seen some quite incredible motions from Unidentifiable Aerial Phenomena, and none of the debunking can explain away what I've witnessed. I have tried to discount the sightings, but cannot, due to the frequency and oddity of what I've seen.

edit on 6-10-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

Thanks Fly.

I own a pair of $4500 night vision gen 3A goggles and have watched the sky for dozens and dozens of hours. I have never seen anything unexplainable - but moths, dragonflies, satellites, bats, birds, etc can be deceiving if you do not understand that which you are observing.

Dragonflies in particular.

- They are highly reflective of UV light - which the gen 3 Alpha's covert into visible phosphorous emulsion response.
- They can fly 40 mph, 40 ft up - which can appear to be a very fast aerial craft
- They can have spots reflect in various points of the tail and wings which emulate pulsating lights
- They can stop on a dime, hover, side jink, zig-zig, rotate around and cut at almost 90 degree angles
- They will chase each other and fly in a trail of pheromones
- They will stop and 'merge' landing upon one another and appear to become one object.

Damn dragonflies. But I still keep watching.

Refreshing to see some sanity on here regarding night vision goggles and what people are most likely to see a star for you!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hi Unity 99 I know we don't see eye to eye on this subject but here is some info for you.

Unity_99
reply to post by donktheclown

The camcorder is:

Phantom Lite Full Spectrum Camcorder 16 mega pixels.

Having looked at one of these on the net it's a cheap Chinese video cam with a small sensor
which has no ir filter over the chip hence the Full spectrum claim.

Most digital cameras see part of the ir spectrum even with the filter on just look at a ir tv remote with a digital camera and get someone to press a button.

At around $200-250 they are not a serious bit of kit.

Even with the light they rip you off for, sorry sell as an accessory they quote a max range of about 40-50ft so again of very little use.

Unity_99But if a person had a group, while there still would be distractors, there are more interested nonentheless, like eceti ranch. They tend to use very good equipment and you get light orbs, some of them power up, or orb orbs. But you don't get the real shape of the craft, ie. saucer, cigar shaped, triangle, etc, you just get the light covering the craft.

Sorry but the light is not covering the craft the brightness exceeds the dynamic range of the sensor the
sensor is overloaded so that's why you cant see the object a change of settings would rectify that but why would they ruin a good story by showing what's really there.

As I like to prove a point

Now you DONT see the bulb

Now you DO see the bulb

It's so easy for people like them to make claims to bring in people who don't understand what is happening but some of us do !!!

edit on 17-10-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What's up Unity I though you would have some reply to my bulb pictures?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join