It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare, Catalyst For Martial Law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Given over the last few years all the signs pointing to a progressive government power grab does it not seem reasonable that Obamacare/Affordable Care Act is simply one of the integral parts of the plan to enable more power to be handed to the president/government?

DHS stockpiling absurd amounts of bullets
Fema camps
Government orders for large amounts of emergency supplies
Events like the Boston bombings resulting in a martial law "test run"
*insert a long list of equally shady and disturbing actions by the government over the last few years*

And now finally...Obamacare...A law that is literally requiring millions of people to buy health insurance that they already can't afford, causes millions more who have insurance to have huge price increases or lose it all together, causes huge amounts of companies to cut hours of employees and lay off large amounts of people, gives the government the ability to do "random home health checks", and many other shady things in it.

Does it not seem like the perfect catalyst for mass unrest...resulting in marshal law and ultimately the president being able to enact an absurd amount of executive orders that give him near unlimited power?

I am curious to see how the next few months play out...especially when the deadline for health insurance kicks in and fines start going out for people not having insurance like they are required to.

Any thoughts on this matter?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I think Obama just wanted his name in the history books.

Brought public healthcare to America. Has a ring to it.

Nothing more than vanity. poorly thought through vanity.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

MALBOSIA

You have that wrong. Healthcare was alive and well prior to President Obama. He was successful in the collusion between insurance and funneling money between the People and those companies; all under the notion of healthcare.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dennislp3

To me it seems "they" are pushing it over the cliff.

It's almost as if it's a planned economic collapse. The U.S. will default on Oct. 17th, almost guarantee it will happen.

Then the S will hit the fan. Wait and see this is the end of America as you remember. We're a part of history.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

ownbestenemy

MALBOSIA

You have that wrong. Healthcare was alive and well prior to President Obama. He was successful in the collusion between insurance and funneling money between the People and those companies; all under the notion of healthcare.

To be honest I have no idea how it works.

However it works Obama Care sounds like he made the "care" happen. It is a big ticket Item, at least for headlines, which are front runner to becoming the new history book.

I will claim Ignorance for saying introducing public health care if it isn't the case but I stand firm on the point that it was for no other reason that stamping his name on something big that could win his reelection by itself and require most Americans to say his name many times after he leaves office.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hanging by a thread.....

The camel with straw on his back!!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

MALBOSIA

However it works Obama Care sounds like he made the "care" happen. It is a big ticket Item, at least for headlines, which are front runner to becoming the new history book.

I will claim Ignorance for saying introducing public health care if it isn't the case but I stand firm on the point that it was for no other reason that stamping his name on something big that could win his reelection by itself and require most Americans to say his name many times after he leaves office.

You have no idea how it works, and you are claiming to know the intention behind it.. I haven't been on ATS in a very long time, but this sentiment made my brain hurt, so we need to discuss logic.

I guarantee no one who has posted on this thread knows a damn thing about the Affordable Care Act or has read anything about its effectiveness even in its infancy. I, personally, have kept all the same doctors I had before and the same treatments I've needed in the past.. Oh, also I am saving money. Not a lot, because my insurance was already pretty good, but a few trips to the grocery store worth.

This bill is only limited by the people who demanded that it be amended. It was bastardized by the interest groups who have the deep pockets, and finally... FINALLY, we beat them at their own game and passed a bill, albeit not one that I would've liked to pass. It still cuts the mustard.

The ACA has already saved some lives and sent some people into the doctor who didn't know they were sick.. Now that they have treatment, you silly people have intentions to remove their care. I know we live in a capitalist society, which I am against to begin with, but when does simple human decency enter into this conversation?

Read the Act, get informed. YOU are the sheeple.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Also, enjoy this link. People who run their own businesses should be fighting HARD to keep The Affordable [Obama]care Act alive.

www.theeverlastinggopstoppers.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

As I just said in another thread. Pascal Lamy, Director-General of the World Trade Organization let the cat out of the bag. The decision to get rid of USA sovereignty was made in the 1930s. The recent financial crisis, the Global Warming Scam, the transfer of jobs to China and India via the World Trade Organization, Agenda 21, the high-jacking of the environmental movement, the trashing of our education system, Grop-N-Fly, the Patriot Act, the militarization of the police.... none of the idiot laws passed were by mistake. All are meant to remove our rights, bankrupt the country and push Americans into rebelling or into serfdom.

Rosa Koire details the plans for the return to feudalism aka Transit Villages. Here and here or video here.

The goal is to get rid of the middle class.

Pascal Lamy asks Can we balance the need for a sustainable planet with the need to provide billions with decent living standards? Can we do that without questioning radically the Western way of life? And the International Monetary Fund (IMF) answers:

...The world economy entered a new age of convergence around 1990, when average per capita incomes in emerging market and developing economies taken as a whole began to grow much faster than in advanced economies. The sharp division between rich and poor countries that characterized the world since the industrial revolution in the early part of the 19th century is now weakening....

Three developments explain much of this new convergence.

First, globalization—through strengthened trade links and rising foreign direct investment—facilitates catch-up growth....

Second, the demographic transition of most emerging and many developing economies that accompanied slower population growth supported greater capital intensity and faster per capita growth. At the same time, many of these countries enjoyed a golden age as the ratio of the economically active to the total population peaked. Meanwhile, the share of the aged increased significantly in the advanced economies, particularly in Europe and Japan. [This is why government healthcare in the UK is designed to kill off the elderly and useless children and hospitals are paid to do so.]

A third significant cause of convergence is the higher proportion of income invested by emerging and developing countries—27.0 percent of GDP over the past decade compared with 20.5 percent in advanced economies. Not only does investment increase the productivity of labor by giving it more capital to work with, it can also increase total factor productivity—the joint productivity of capital and labor—by incorporating new knowledge and production techniques and facilitate transition... [This is why Clinton handed US technology, including military secrets to China.]

[None of this is for the benefit of the sheeple.]
...Within many countries the dramatic divergence between the top 1 percent and the rest is a new reality. The increased share of the top 1 percent is clear in the United States and in some English-speaking countries and, to a lesser degree, in China and India. But it is not clear from the available data whether this new hyperconcentration at the top is a truly global phenomenon. ..... But because the causes of the concentration are largely global and can be counteracted only partially by national policies, it is likely that this top-heavy concentration will only increase. Top executive pay in countries such as Germany and the Netherlands, for example, was already increasing very rapidly during the past decade (Fabbri and Marin, 2012). And the euro area crisis and its accompanying austerity policies will likely lead to further inequality in Europe as budget constraints curtail social expenditures while the mobility of capital and the highly skilled make it difficult to effectively increase taxes on the wealthiest.

....The factors—technological, fiscal, financial, and political—that led to this dynamic are still at work....

In many countries the distribution of income has become more unequal, and the top earners’ share of income in particular has risen dramatically. In the United States the share of the top 1 percent has close to tripled over the past three decades, now accounting for about 20 percent of total U.S. income (Alvaredo and others, 2012)....

This concentration of wealth and power is backed-up by a peer-reviewed paper by a couple of physicists. The Network of Global Corporate Control

ABSTRACT:
....We present the first investigation of the architecture of the international ownership network, along with the computation of the control held by each global player. We find that transnational corporations form a giant bow-tie structure and that a large portion of control flows to a small tightly-knit core of financial institutions. This core can be seen as an economic “super-entity” that raises new important issues both for researchers and policy makers.

Also see The Great Wealth Transfer, late 1900′s to early 2000′s

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Perhaps it could be a catalyst for martial law, and many politicians out there would love any excuse to enact martial law, but I don't think this is the time for that.

If martial law happened, do you think the police/military/DHS/FEMA would comply without question?

Part of me thinks a lot of them would comply and a lot would not, after all, everyone needs to eat, which usually means most people need a paycheck to eat nowadays.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So when the Dem's say Obamacare is law get used to it and quit whining, why wouldn't the same attitude be taken by the GOP as far as the debt ceiling........that is also law.

Point being I just don't think anyone involved in writing the "Affordable Care Act" is so damn stupide that they had no idea what this was going to turn out like leading to this was done for some reason and it sure was not to provide "AFFORDABLE" health care.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

SantaClaus

MALBOSIA

You have no idea how it works, and you are claiming to know the intention behind it.. I haven't been on ATS in a very long time, but this sentiment made my brain hurt, so we need to discuss logic.

I guarantee no one who has posted on this thread knows a damn thing about the Affordable Care Act or has read anything about its effectiveness even in its infancy. I, personally, have kept all the same doctors I had before and the same treatments I've needed in the past.. Oh, also I am saving money. Not a lot, because my insurance was already pretty good, but a few trips to the grocery store worth.

This bill is only limited by the people who demanded that it be amended. It was bastardized by the interest groups who have the deep pockets, and finally... FINALLY, we beat them at their own game and passed a bill, albeit not one that I would've liked to pass. It still cuts the mustard.

The ACA has already saved some lives and sent some people into the doctor who didn't know they were sick.. Now that they have treatment, you silly people have intentions to remove their care. I know we live in a capitalist society, which I am against to begin with, but when does simple human decency enter into this conversation?

This to me is the epitome of ignorance on the matter...you make it sound like people could not buy insurance before...they could and it was cheaper than it is now because of the ACA. The only difference is that the ACA FORCES people to buy insurance...which is not the same as introducing any measure of extra healthcare to the US. It is a transfer of wealth from the people to large companies along the same lines as the bank and large corporate bailouts from before.

It is proven and shown that it has altered the economy by making many large companies lower part time to no more than 29 hours a week, it has raised the prices of all insurance everywhere as far as I have heard and the packages offered through the government are NOT "affordable". To support it is in my mind absolutely absurd...I don't see how people can so blindly accept it as a god send...though I suppose the same people that already milk everything out of the government probably love it since it means free healthcare to them if they play the cards right.

And another thing to point out just how deliberate it is when it comes to screwing us over..the number for the official helpline is LITERALLY 1-800-f1uckyo (1-800-318-2596). They have had years to set the system up and I can guarantee it is not an error that someone made the number spell out "F--- you"

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

SantaClaus

MALBOSIA

That's a bold and obviously erroneous statement. I would say that most people on ATS know 'how it works' better than most.

While it is certainly true that I have not read the entire thing, even our legislators admit they haven't done that. Heck, I can guarantee you that Obama himself has not read the damned thing.

You really have no leg to stand on with respect to defending this travesty of policy. Frankly, I cannot imagine why you would want to. Even the ideologues concede that it is not what they wanted as it is a crony corporate handout.

I suggest that you take a deep breath and reconsider your position on this subject.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The *emergency basis* is the *paid need* for medical treatments.

The *military authorities* are the banks/corporations.

The *civilian government and civilian authorities have failed to function effectively*.

Therefore, we already have *economic* martial law.

top topics

join