It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidental Shooting at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

NIAGARA FALLS, NY - Details are sketchy at this time, but the Niagara County Sheriff's Office confirms that there was an accidental shooting at the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station Saturday night.

Because no criminal intent was involved, the shooting is being investigated by Department of Defense security personnel. The public information officer for the air base was unavailable for comment.

Accidental Shooting at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station

So far not much else to post other than that. Just thought it was something of interest I saw on the local news here, will have to see what becomes of the situation as more news trickles out... It always seems strange to me when the reporters can get some of a story but not much of anything at all and it leaves a lot of open space until all the facts come in. As luck would have it my scanner has been off all day long because of nothing but weather related calls the past few days. I will check around for more info and update as available....

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
As a native of that area, I find this interesting.

Especially because of the power plants in the area that light up much of the eastern seaboard like a Christmas tree.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

It's amazing what that airbase used to be back in the day huh?. . A mere shadow of it's former self and so much history there...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

The base is very much a shadow of it's former self.I hear that we are getting drones from Syracuse.I also heard that some of the guardsmen were furloughed yesterday.I didn't see any C-130's flying today either.

Makes me wonder how much effect the government shutdown is having.Haven't heard anything about the shooting yet.Maybe on the news at 11.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Still nothing as of yet, keeping an eye out though.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

There's something about it on the ticker scrolling on the screen this morning ,but no details on the news.

top topics

join