It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new kid here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. I hear you're supposed to make an introduction thread when you actually get around to joining, so I guess this will have to do.

I get most of my news updates through reading various threads on this site. I figured I would join so I can actually participate and get more out of my time spent here. I'm currently unemployed and near broke, so I have lots and lots of free time to spend with you guys!

That said...what's the next step?

Looking forward to chatting with most of you!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

ShadesOfGreen
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. I hear you're supposed to make an introduction thread when you actually get around to joining, so I guess this will have to do.

I get most of my news updates through reading various threads on this site. I figured I would join so I can actually participate and get more out of my time spent here. I'm currently unemployed and near broke, so I have lots and lots of free time to spend with you guys!

Looking forward to chatting with most of you!

Welcome. I like the upbeat attitude even though your situation isn't ideal, to say the least.

I hear Obama is hiring navigators for $20-$48/hr. No high school diploma required, no background check. Plus access to all the personal information, banking info & SSNs you could dream of.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

six67seven
Welcome. I like the upbeat attitude even though your situation isn't ideal, to say the least.

I hear Obama is hiring navigators for $20-$48/hr. No high school diploma required, no background check. Plus access to all the personal information, banking info & SSNs you could dream of.

Eh, it's not so bad. I lost my long-term job back in December (just in time for Christmas!), so I'm more or less used to the world of freelance. Would be nice to get a real paycheck, vs the low amount I get from unemployment pay, but I can make do for now.

Navigators, you say? I'll have to look into it. It'll be quite a jump from spending the past few years working in the entertainment industry for sure. Thanks for the tip!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

ShadesOfGreen
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Welcome to ATS ShadesOfGreen. Glad you unlurked.

The next step (now this is top secret) is you have to post your whole life story and leave in all the parts you never wanted anyone to know about. That way we get to know you better.

Have fun and see you on the boards.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Bassago
Welcome to ATS ShadesOfGreen. Glad you unlurked.

The next step (now this is top secret) is you have to post your whole life story and leave in all the parts you never wanted anyone to know about. That way we get to know you better.

Have fun and see you on the boards.

Oh no! I don't want to give too much away, that'll ruin the mystique! Besides, no one wants to hear about my IBS. I guarantee it.

I will say that since I initially lost my job, I've been focused on becoming as self-sufficient as possible. I've switched to eating only locally grown organic produce and cooking everything from scratch - including homemade sauces and pasta! I've started making my own toiletries...my bathroom medicine cabinet probably resembles what it would have looked like when my apartment was built back in 1930. My newest endeavor is to become a pro at using my sewing machine so that I never have to buy new clothes again and everything will fit perfectly. A fabric store in my area is offering free sewing classes, so I'm taking them up on their offer to help improve my skills.

I also have a collection of plants out on my balcony, including a tomato plant, small avocado tree, small orange tree, a bunch of herbs, and some aloe. No room left to add anything else though, unfortunately. All the pretty flowers are hogging what's left.

So basically, I spend my days cleaning up after my long-haired cat, tending to the "garden," making new bathroom items when necessary, cooking, and obsessively hitting the StumbleUpon button for more craft ideas or articles to read. Super exciting.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadesOfGreen

See 'ya in the threads.

top topics

join