It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sets Himself on Fire on the National Mall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The man, whose name was not immediately known, suffered life-threatening injuries, said D.C. fire department spokesman Tim Wilson.
He was standing by himself at Seventh Street and Madison Drive, in the center portion of the Mall, when he emptied the contents of a red gas can on himself and set himself on fire moments later, said Katy Scheflen, who witnessed it as she walked through the Mall.
She said passing joggers took off their shirts in an effort to help douse the flames, and the man was clearly alive as the flames spread. A police department spokesman said he was conscious and breathing at the scene. MedStar Washington Hospital Center tweeted that the man was taken there but had no condition update.

Man Sets Himself on Fire on the National Mall

This is getting all to weird and out of hand. If things keep up the way they are, I fear for the U.S. even moreso than I already do.

People are getting desperate.

Mods, do your thing. I did the search and it didn't show. Please close this thread. Thank you and I apologize for wasting your time.

edit on 4-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just didn't see the other thread

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Of course there's no way to know what was going through his mind. But it puts me in mind of this:

Tarek al-Tayeb Mohamed Bouazizi (Wikipedia) (Arabic: محمد البوعزيزي‎; 29 March 1984 – 4 January 2011) was a Tunisian street vendor who set himself on fire on 17 December 2010, in protest of the confiscation of his wares and the harassment and humiliation that he reported was inflicted on him by a municipal official and her aides. His act became a catalyst for the Tunisian Revolution[2] and the wider Arab Spring, inciting demonstrations and riots throughout Tunisia in protest of social and political issues in the country. The public's anger and violence intensified following Bouazizi's death, leading then-President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali to step down on 14 January 2011, after 23 years in power.

No such thing would ever happen in America, though. People are pissed, but they're still far too comfortable and worried only about their own narrow concerns. Or Repuglicans vs. Democraps....

edit on 10/4/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've got CNN on right now & there is no mention of this. What's going on??

EDIT: they just mentioned it very briefly on abc. I'm surprised they aren't making a bigger deal about it.
edit on 4-10-2013 by chriscampbell because: more info

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
www.broadcastify.com...

DC EMS/POLICE live feed. You can listen live ....

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I like how the article shows the date as Oct 5th 2013, ABC is really on their news..... hasnt even happened yet and they have video and witness statements .

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Care to link to the other thread, because I cannot find it either!

Cheers!

TB

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sounds like someone wants something buried in Washington D.C.
First Ms. Carey and now this cat? Think someone activated a bunch of manchurian candidates intentionally/accidentally because of the shutdown? Spies? Revolutionaries?
What's the cover story for this guy gonna be?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

His cover story? Let's start with extensive skin grafting, dermal abrasion therapies, more grafts, physiotherapy, psychotherapy to cope with the trauma of burning himself alive, and constant moisturiser re-application.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It's on Drudge.

Link

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

TrueBrit

Care to link to the other thread, because I cannot find it either!

Cheers!

TB

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently the new org changed the headline.

But Skuly beat me to it and deserves the kudos for getting the news out there. I'm not hearing much about this on the radio or TV. Holy Smokes! Could the MSM be actually trying to get the facts first?

Yea...I doubt it too.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yeah, fact checking has been second to getting the scoop for some time now, if certain recent press gaffes are taken into account....

Thanks for linking me in!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Let, me guess.....

This guy heard voices too??

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow,

Is it just me or does it all feels so surreal and like we are entering an episode of the Twilight Zone?

Is everyone going mental in Washington DC?

Also My dreams recently have been so vivid that I can recall the last 3 nights worth of dreams and even the smells and tastes while in them to this very moment.

Don't know if this is all connected but wondering if the changes in world events like Fukishima Radiation and possible end of the old era "2012" has accelerated a change in our matrix reality of sorts.

I smell change in the air and it doesn't smell good.

Sirric

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Its the water...too!
edit on 4-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added reply format

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Found pictures of the event, as it unfolded... Warning, disturbing.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

From the pictures available, It looks like it was another black person going "crazy"!

The lack of critical discussion about these events are what I find truly disturbing.

What is going on? Why are they doing this? The news isn't saying and we all still don't know anything.

When people snap, the tends to be a pattern that is followed by mainstream PI detective work. But recently no one is able to gather and produce any facts as to why these events are taking place.

Sirric

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wonder if our burning friend was taking the same drugs?

Authorities who searched Carey's apartment in Stamford found discharge papers that listed risperidone, a medication to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, a law enforcement source said. They also found paperwork listing escitalopram, an antidepressant commonly prescribed under the brand name Lexapro, according to the source.

CNN

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Among the many others that have happened just this year, alone!

Dorner, Alexis, Carey, and now this fellow... All government-related incidents.

Yeah, us white folk have had our share with craziness, but damn... So many this year, by individuals of color, and somehow or another tied to the government.

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Already explained this in another post.

America has been killed; it is being over run by Zombies.

They just don't know they are Zombies yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is a screen shot of a search
I did on ATS in July 2011
using the keywords "Burns", "Himself"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b58df7f0d7b5.png[/atsimg]

Here is my comment on the longest running discussion from June of 2011
Man burns himself to death to avoid US debtors prison

This is not a lone event.

Mike

edit on 6-10-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join