It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"World population must be stabilized and to do that we must eliminate 350,000 people per day!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

ItDepends

Unity_99
Again, its not a problem, the problems don't exist. They've all been solved for at least many decades, but probably far longer. We aren't facing problems, we're facing CRIMES WITH INTENT TO MURDER AND HARM, by a very small group of insane in the membrane universal freaks running this world.

Again, no problems exist, they've been solved. CRIMES EXIST.

No need to harm anyone, enslave anyone even. Just equalize, make sure all have land and resources and heritage seeds and stop this madness.

Then, correct me if I'm misinterpreting what you are suggesting, Over population and its drain on resources is NOT a problem? It's some hideous plan by the "They've" have created for a slow, painful and dreadful death to millions? "They" have answers to fix them right now, but don't, because they enjoy the pain and suffering and in the end....fate will just happen?

Is this how you see it? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just trying to understand....and who are these "they've" people precisely? Peace!

Currently we don't have overpopulation. We have ample resources and just the videos I provided show how everyone can have homes out of natural environments around them, CLEAN NON FOSSIL FUEL ENERGIES, and abundant food year round.

The resources?

I would like to know why DuPont (pretty sure it was that asshat) was instrumental in making commercial hemp (OUR HERITAGE FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS AND BIRTHRIGHT!!!!!!) illegal to fund his papermills out of TREES and PRECIOUS RESOURCES. Hemp can grow in nearly any soil, above ground, or underground, and makes:

plastics, hempstone for roads, home construction, all sorts of items, VEHICLES STRONGER THAN STEEL, paper, FOOD, ie protein.

We can grow some pretty crystals including artifical quartz, and that can do just about anything from hardrives, to simulation of computers.

I really don't think we even have a problem.

Not to mention the exotics they use in the space industry, are really there via unusual science. In other words, you want to solve a problem and the universe provides the solutions. But then its always a TEST, what will you do with it? HARM OR FREE?

We have no problems with the current population.

We have a real problem with the most univerally insane, renegades managing an running this planet. Criminally insane beings.

They're the only real problem we are facing.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What he said was true, to stabilize human population the death rate must equal the birth rate. It was a simple statement of the obvious, not a recommendation. Not an imperative.

Things have changed a bit since Cousteau said that though. The current rate of population growth is now about 211,000 per day. Overall, birth rates have been on the decline.
edit on 10/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Phage
What he said was true, to stabilize human population the death rate must equal the birth rate. It was a simple statement of the obvious, not a recommendation. Not an imperative.

Things have changed a bit since Cousteau said that though. The current rate of population growth is now about 211,000 per day. Overall, birth rates have been on the decline.
edit on 10/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Yes, true, Cousteau was not stating we needed to do something to eliminate existing population through and unnatural act. His observations were based upon his own personal research and observations of the continued population growth and what he witnessed as causing destructive affects on the earth's eco-system. A balance needed to be determined.

Although true again, birth rates WW have shown decreases from previous higher rates, it still is not offsetting the death rates. Hence, population growth continues, and further drain on our natural resources also continues. The imbalance continues to grow.

So, statistics are funny and can be difficult, but projections are telling us that in less than 14 years, our population WW will grow another 1Billlion crossing the 8Billion threshold in the Spring of 2014.

World Population Milestones
8 Billion (2024)

According to the most recent United Nations estimates, the human population of the world is expected to reach 8 billion people in the spring of 2024.

7 Billion (2011)
According to the United Nations, world population reached 7 Billion on October 31, 2011.

AS OF 04/10/13; 0300 HOURS E.S.T

World Meter Source ^^^^^

Questions, right or wrong...Is the Earth:
A.) Reaching its' saturation point of population?
B.) Able to sustain ourselves at the current yearly growth rate? How?
C.) Able to survive as people are living longer, Medicine is prolonging life, our Earth has limited resources: What to do?
edit on 4-10-2013 by ItDepends because: edited information content

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Fish farming is not an answer, breeded fish are fed with fishmeal and fishoil from forage fishes. In wild these fishes we human consume, eats a variety of fishes not just one type which is a fact when fishes are breeded, even it "seems" like a good idea we are still emptying seas from certain types of fishes and jeopardizing the sea life. Farmed fishes also gets diseases easier and they are fed with antibiotics and some fishes do not make enough eggs ( like tuna ) to make farming profitable..

What comes to the original questions. There is no answer how to stop overpopulation, we should all agree to have only 1 child for 2 parents.. tho its not wise either. China had tried this... boys boys boys
edit on 4-10-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Well, about 150,000 people die every day on average anyway, so we just need to double that and we should be good right? jk.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There is already population control in effect, it's called Fukushima. Give it a few more years.

We may already be at a tipping point with our over-population when you see things like plastic garbage islands in the Ocean, the Holocene mass extinction levels on the rise, the devastation of forest and rain forests, massive oil spills like BP, the depletion of the Ozone, wars, failing economy...

We are already a world in crisis.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I suspect the amount of us the world can handle is related to how much pollution we produce. Its fine looking at how much food, energy etc, but its more important to look at methane, poluted water and balance the scales that way IMHO.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

7 billion.. really
doubly so!

That is abut 2 billion more than I thought.. Gotta get out of the 90's.. Man in High School in 1991 I recall learning it was 5 billion.

Just WOW.. it is so far worse than I thought. Starting to welcome a comet that blows us all up, beats the suffering ahead. We can't handle this amount of growth.

Rabbits can't just be allowed to breed forever, Or else they over run their environment. ever seen what happens when to many rabbits in one area?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

But crowding is not fun.. That is the problem. Who wants to go somewhere and everywhere you go is crowded?

As a small boy I loved going to Gatlinburg, only 15 minutes away. Now, I hate going because it is SO freakin crowded. Everywhere you go there is a long line..

Same thing now here with Disneyland, Universal Studios, etc.. the places are TOO freakin crowded. And the worst are the smelly ones.

There is a certain culture that doesn't bathe regularly (some hindu or something). Dear GOD if you get stuck on a tram ride sitting near one of them. THEY STINK bad enough to make you sick and gag.. NO JOKE!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I just wonder if they're working on creating some kind of apocalyptic virus that's going to wipe out most humans. That would be one of the only man made ways to lower the population signifcantly. There are a lot of people in the world that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I think the guidestones were the original 10 comandments... They really do make logical sense, thouh I'm not one to say let's start purging humanity.... I wanted however to bring this one up~

7.) Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

Houston we have a problem.....
Maybe we should start with the useless officials and then see where the population count is... At the same time reform all the petty laws these scumbag educated derelicts implemented for there own self gain...

Just a humble opinion, what say you

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The world could easily handle 10x the amount of people we currently have if we were perhaps a bit better organized.

Yes, and who wants to live in a world like that?

There are far too many people already.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I wonder;

How will the number attained through this ends-justifies-the-means scenario be maintained?
Would all the poisons used to attain this 'goal' become ineffective once the goal is met?

Seems a convenience for some while a detriment to others...
in order to maintain a perverted/distorted sense of utopia?

Utopia is not achievable without all of it's components; people.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Fapomet

Well, about 150,000 people die every day on average anyway, so we just need to double that and we should be good right? jk.

Thanks I understand that you had no malicious intent. And although the projection that the Birth Rate will reduce from it's current rate is accepted. The problem continues in some way to your point.

Births will still continue, albeit at slower rate, however the number of deaths will still not balance this decline. Less births, but the increase will continue, just a slower rate. Expectations 8 Billion World population by 2024, just 11 years from now.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

YouAreDreaming
There is already population control in effect, it's called Fukushima. Give it a few more years.

We may already be at a tipping point with our over-population when you see things like plastic garbage islands in the Ocean, the Holocene mass extinction levels on the rise, the devastation of forest and rain forests, massive oil spills like BP, the depletion of the Ozone, wars, failing economy...

We are already a world in crisis.

You raise all excelllent examples of the various contributions to the problem of overpopulation, but in some of your examples, it's not about overpopulation, but just plain stupid mistakes we humans are doing to ourselves. Like the poor Fukushima design, BP Oil spills, Chemical release after trains crashing and on and on.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Shiloh7
I suspect the amount of us the world can handle is related to how much pollution we produce. Its fine looking at how much food, energy etc, but its more important to look at methane, poluted water and balance the scales that way IMHO.

There are so many components to this complex problem and I will try to explain further in a bit. However, as you note, you are so correct, just the waste/pollution that we are generating is destroying the earth, pollutants are being dumped into our water supplies, disease is festering in third world countries.

I am not saying this is a conspiracy to reduce the population, what I am calling out are the problems being caused by the significant population growth......how much longer can we sustain life as we know it??

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Astyanax

The world could easily handle 10x the amount of people we currently have if we were perhaps a bit better organized.

Yes, and who wants to live in a world like that?

There are far too many people already.

I'll talk in a bit about this, but you are exactly right, who wants to live in a world like that??? UMMM, are we the only species that lives on this planet @ Tinkerpeach?? Just think of all the other animals, species that occupy this planet....how are they being impacted....right now?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Some Other Things To Consider

As this thread has developed, a lot of debate about not having a problem of overpopulation. Many are saying we can sustain 10X more, or that we could be efficient with what we have. We are proficient in finding ways to solve these problems, don't underestimate the ingenuity of humanity. And many more thoughts on ways to 'provide' for the feeding and the land-space to handle many more in the human population discussion.

Well, Let's stop and think about NOT ourselves, BUT the other components of the Eco-System, the other species, the balance that makes this Planet work!!!

o Our oceans, aquifers are being polluted, islands of polluted garbage are seen in our oceans, illegal dumping near streams.

o Natural disaters stripping the earth and its forests with increase Forest Fires destroying millions of acres.

o Also natural raping of our forests ~ deforestration to make room.........For More People and/or retrieve natural resources

o Sea life trapped, tangled in Ocean garbage, while other species die and wash up on shore all around the world.

o As we build more and more to accomodate the growing population, wildlife has had no choice to be found but on these great roads and your back yards. Ultimately they will just die or be killed, because they are "IN THE WAY"

How many car accidents with these trouble makers??

No place to go, just hungry, your backyard and garbage cans look pretty good.

o No question about it, we are very smart, we fix these problems and keep populating the world...

Mother Earth God Help Us For We Know Not What We Do!

EDIT: And if you have some time, an interesting YT video on the pollution of our Oceans! PEACE!!!!

edit on 4-10-2013 by ItDepends because: Edit added

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
If right then how do we decide who lives and who dies. ?

That question is the reason an end to this growth will have to come from nature (disease outsmarting us, starvation, etc). People are so afraid of death that it seems anything to beat the grim reaper receives an instant stamp of approval.

People who can't have children can pay to get one put inside of them instead of adopting. People can have their bodies give out and get new parts in many cases. We would love to stay young forever so we discover things like telomeres, (someday will be able to lengthen these, thereby defying aging).

No one would be able to make that decision - how to reduce population. Doing so would take foresight - like this post conveys. Then there would be a battle - reduce how many children each couple can have? Is this even working in China? Stop scientific advancement for life saving remedies? That would be a bummer - I know I would want my child's life saved if the need arose. It's the human condition - we hold onto life and fear the unknown (most do). It's a good question though - what is the solution. I just don't see us coming up with one (could be way off though).

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Well, Let's stop and think about NOT ourselves, BUT the other components of the Eco-System, the other species, the balance that makes this Planet work!!!

Hear, hear!

People seem to think Earth belongs to them.

They couldn't be more wrong. We belong to Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join