It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS user generated income and special board privileges

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by winofiend

Its got nothing to do with paid membership its anon donations that grant you access to a forum that noone knows you have access to.

How would the donations be anonymous? Do you mean other members would not know who specifically donated?

Because the staff would have to know; wouldn' t they?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If you think for one minute the site owners are ever going to give up one penny of income they are generating from this site, then you need to stop that thought dead in its tracks...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is just me talking, but I hate that idea.

Isn't society already divided into enough casts?

I like ATS because it's a WHOLE community, where everybody is equal and treated as such as long as they follow the rules and act with integrity and respect.

To have the membership further divided, one that pays to be here no less to get access to 'special' privileges, is just elitist IMO.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

said the moderator.

sorry, I couldn't resist.

Every aspect of ATS that indicates something about or members that highlights their being here, whether it's points, the color status, what have you, the end result is that, at some point, we wind up dealing with digital ego explosions. I can't tell you how many times I've actioned a member for a T&C infraction, only to get a message back scolding me for actioning someone who has platinum status, 100,000 points or a handful of WATS awards.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by winofiend

Its got nothing to do with paid membership its anon donations that grant you access to a forum that noone knows you have access to.

The hollier then thou attitude is already promote through the star and flag system.

A secret society for the privileged few? What a great idea!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Okay, I don't get it, what does this have to do with status?

I understand the OP in his stated thread that if the user provided a donation, that user should have something in return, like an incentive.

But that idea was shot down immediately. I GET THAT.
--
But what we now are dealing with is simply A DONATION, WITHOUT THE INCENTIVE.

What is so wrong with that? seriously, what is the problem? here you got a couple of user's who don't mind throwing a few bucks towards you guys, granted its not a hundred or a thousand, but a few bucks here and there for the sake of loving the community here...AGAIN, NO INCENTIVE IS INVOVLED, just good ole heart felt people who love this site.

Seriously, some of you guys make it sound like we are MAKING YOU OUT TO BE THE POOR ONES, that our end goal is to separate us in some kind of digital poor/middle/high class people. Like if I gave you guys $20, you GIVE ME THE DIRTY LOOK!! WOW.

I use to donate to this site called "Cryptomundo", simply because I loved the site.
--
Just for the record, this is for you people. People like this exist in today's world. Half of us are reading so much on various threads involving missing people, political rivalries, mutilations, doom pron...lets get our heads out the gutter for a bit of refreshing air and see the light.
www.upi.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I stand by the enclosed MOD tags

But I agree, it would create far more D-Ego than we already have here, and that's saying a lot.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

...Said the man with the Sumo lounge (damn... I wanted that prize)

Just giving you a hard time, because... well, I want a rematch.

As for the thread. ATS is just fine as it is

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

alas the silver space bag is in the deep sleep. The indestructible material sprung a leak and I had spaceballz everywhere.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

alas the silver space bag is in the deep sleep. The indestructible material sprung a leak and I had spaceballz everywhere.

Aw, shucks... Sorry to hear that.

Man... those were fun times.... I mean, these are still fun times for sure...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

those games were a blast but it was the chat that made it all the more fun. If you look closely at a certain mod's signature, you'll see he's still quoting a comment I made in one of those mad sessions.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No debt receipts will leave this mans wallet until the archaic rules regarding the discussion of a medicinal plant that has been used for Melania for the better of mankind have been reconsidered, I look forward to the day I can be a part of a community that governs itself through rational and reason.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I have no idea what you are talking about.

ETA... Yeah... I know it's my friend, jbird

edit on 10.3.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

GreyGoo
I look forward to the day I can be a part of a community that governs itself through rational and reason.

Sounds like mission impossible on the web.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Holy crap, Lysergic

It is clear to me now that there is a glitch in the matrix.

Everyone who registered prior to 2004-ish is whacked out on stats.

I like it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join