It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hot Water Documentary: Short video but one that all should see !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I began this odyssey, innocently enough in July 2009 when I led a filmmaking crew to South Dakota to investigate what we had heard was an abandoned uranium mine which had contaminated local groundwater and made local ranchers, their children and even their livestock sick.

I had no idea that there are more than 1,000 abandoned uranium mines in the southern Black Hills alone. There are countless abandoned mines elsewhere. I had no idea that there were over 4,000 abandoned test wells in the southern Black Hills...countless more elsewhere

I had no idea, nor did any of the people I have interviewed, that the water that 38 million of us in the American southwest get from the Colorado River is filtered through 16 million tons of radioactive waste sitting less than 750 feet from the edge of the river in Moab, Utah

www.activistpost.com...

I have wondered why the cancer rates in the US have increased and have seen it blamed on just about anything you can think of.. Maybe this is an anti-nuke propaganda article/video or maybe it is just the facts. I saw nothing where I would personally doubt the story's validity unfortunately. For those who can not watch the video go to the link which covers everything in the video. Makes you want to buy a Geiger Counter for your darn water!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think this (from the op's link) is relevant.

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.
Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

This is in my backyard. The Pineridge Indian res. has extremely high cancer and still birth rates, especially in the area on the reservation that borders the mine.Pineridge

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Your back yard has some of the most beautiful parts of America IMO. Would be interested if someone had a Geiger and could test your water... This really pisses me off... I had an uncle who was a Uranium prospector/ miner that died of a brain tumor. They claimed it was because he had been hit in the head 30 years before... maybe so maybe not... either way this is a horrible story of polluting and killing....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I am upstream but I am sure lots of the water to the south is no good. I am looking but I have seen numbers somewhere maybe defenders of the blackhills?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We are doing ourselves in...

Humans weren't ready for this technology, still too greedy!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well they certainly don't give us much to go on with that video or their website.

Your tax deductible donation is deeply appreciated.

Weird.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

VoidHawk
I think this (from the op's link)

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.
Albert Einstein

I agree with you and Einstein both..... From the politics that allow others to have to clean up some companies mess to all kinds of things that most would rather not have to deal with..... there are many things we should do other than just watch.

Several years ago in Oklahoma a guy bought a corner lot in Oklahoma, City. He was going to build a family mart with a gas station. Construction began and as they dug the holes to put the gas tanks into the ground they found some old tanks that had once belonged to Esso had leaked and polluted the surrounding ground. EPA got involved.... construction stopped, and a ruling was made since he purchased the property he was responsible for the clean-up..

The cost of the clean-up exceeded the total cost of his proposed business. He declared bankruptcy and the business was never built and to my knowledge the hole was filled because no one at Esso claimed responsibility or would pay for the clean-up. IMO that is totally inacceptable.

Kinda like the mining tailings left to pollute the water supply of 38 million people as indicated in the article and video... No one is found who can be forced to clean up the mess. IMO with those kind of numbers/consequences and the superfund for clean-up of such things (which we all paid into with our tax dollars) something darn should be done.

new topics

top topics

join