It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Own a Piece of Ron Paul History - Tip O'Neill's Gas Crisis Rationing Rival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A little outside of my normal posts, this is an interesting opportunity for someone with an historical interest in congressional fiascos.

Ron Paul has put the somewhat historically significant 1979 Chevy Chevette up as a token of appreciation to the highest donor to the FREE Foundation by October 15, 2013. The proceeds will be used to fund the work of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity.

Own a Piece of Ron Paul History

In 1979, when I was headed to DC for my first full term in Congress, I bought a car to keep there. It was a 1979 Chevrolet Chevette. But this compact 4-door soon proved to be controversial. Tip O’Neill, the powerful House speaker, was advocating gasoline rationing for the rest of us, while he was chauffeured around in a Lincoln, all at taxpayer expense. And no waiting in gasoline lines for him, nor paying for it: he had his own pump in the House garage. So my little car—which I paid for myself, of course—was parked next to the Tip behemoth for a cheeky photo. Well, you would have thought I was Ed Snowden. There was a huge blow-up. Tip even levied the ultimate punishment: he blocked pork-barrel funds for me, which I was not seeking anyway.

We’ll have a nice turnover ceremony at the FREE office in Clute, Texas, that we’ll photograph, and I’ll also present you with a Congressional license plate that was actually used on the car. So drive history forward, and make your pledge, mailing it to FREE, 837 W. Plantation, Clute, TX 77531 or email it to [email protected] or phone 979.265.3034

edit on 2-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I wonder if there will be a running total so we can see where the bids are.

This pic says it all, doesnt it:

We just needed Ron Paul for 1 term to reset government.

But we're too stupid and ignorant.

Sorry to say, but I guess we deserve the fate thats coming.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

We just needed Ron Paul for 1 term to reset government.

But we're too stupid and ignorant.

Sorry to say, but I guess we deserve the fate thats coming.

Well, I think we all know that any single person is not going to be able to reverse the direction we have been going along the road to serfdom. It just wasn't yet time for a great American epiphany.

Such things take time and no believer can be expected to renounce their faith, admit their errors and change their attitudes fundamentally in one fell swoop.
edit on 2-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

We can dream cant we?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

WonOunce

We can dream cant we?

We can and should, I agree.

My hope is that we, as a country, can make the necessary changes to our local politics so that such a change can be realistic.

new topics

top topics

join