It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO I WAS RIGHT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So, it appears I was right afterall. No surprise though, as eleven times outta ten this is the outcome when it comes to predictions: THE NAYSAYERS WIN

Basically, a month ago, THIS thread was created (I'm not attacking the OP) following THIS YT video, in which it was said that the world would have come to an end yesterday, October the 1st, and this was my reply:

"I PREDICT ABSOLUTELY NO WORLD CHANGING EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON OCTOBER THE 1ST OF THE YEAR OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST NUMBER TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN"

Let's wait and see who gets it right... if I do, I'll dance naked in the town square...

Now, since I'm typing this AND you're reading it, we can all agree that the world hasn't just magically stopped working, from which we can conclude that our universe isn't running on a Windows OS.

We can ALSO conclude that, once again, DOOM-AND-GLOOMERS were just making stuff up...and some people believed them, once again.

BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING (as some "YouTubers" already did), YES, I am fully aware of the fact that the U.S. Government has shut down yesterday, and to that I say two things:

-Thing number one- If the U.S. Govt. shuts down IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, it simply means that more people can pursue happiness now

-Thing number two- IT'S NOT THE FIRST SHUTDOWN, it's the 18th, and they all take place in THIS time of the year, so sooner or later someone was bound to make a prediction that coincided with one of them.

So, I hope we learned something new today, which is to keep an open mind but NEVER TO TRUST BLINDLY BASELESS PREDICTIONS, i.e. prophecies... plus they're sooo 4th century BC...

Thank you for reading,
AND NOW FOR THE PICS !!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MadHatter364

You say the following...

"I PREDICT ABSOLUTELY NO WORLD CHANGING EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON OCTOBER THE 1ST OF THE YEAR OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST NUMBER TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN" Let's wait and see who gets it right... if I do, I'll dance naked in the town square..

Will there be a youtube video of you dancing naked in the square?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Well, pics were Not Suitable For Work, so if a video is released, it won't be on youTUBE.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Maybe that was the whole point to begin with. The broom won't be watching it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And you call this a win ?

1win verb \ˈwin\
: to achieve victory in a fight, contest, game, etc.

: to get (something, such as a prize) by achieving victory in a fight, contest, game, etc.

: to get (something) by effort
won win·ning

Full Definition of WIN

transitive verb
a : to get possession of by effort or fortune
b : to obtain by work : earn
a : to gain in or as if in battle or contest
b : to be the victor in
a : to make friendly or favorable to oneself or to one's cause —often used with over
b : to induce to accept oneself in marriage
a : to obtain (as ore, coal, or clay) by mining
b : to prepare (as a vein or bed) for regular mining
c : to recover (as metal) from ore
: to reach by expenditure of effort
intransitive verb
: to gain the victory in a contest : succeed
: to succeed in arriving at a place or a state
— win·less adjective

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Congratulations. You're amazing!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So, I hope we learned something new today, which is to keep an open mind but NEVER TO TRUST BLINDLY BASELESS PREDICTIONS

If people understand this message, now THAT would be the win.

But maybe you'd like to live in a world of constant impending doom...de gustibus...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If you link instead of embedding the video then those in work will be protected. You could blur certain bits too.

Don't be wiggling out of it now.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

MadHatter364
So, it appears I was right afterall. No surprise though, as eleven times outta ten this is the outcome when it comes to predictions: THE NAYSAYERS WIN

Basically, a month ago, THIS thread was created (I'm not attacking the OP) following THIS YT video, in which it was said that the world would have come to an end yesterday, October the 1st, and this was my reply:

"I PREDICT ABSOLUTELY NO WORLD CHANGING EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON OCTOBER THE 1ST OF THE YEAR OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST NUMBER TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN"

Let's wait and see who gets it right... if I do, I'll dance naked in the town square...

Now, since I'm typing this AND you're reading it, we can all agree that the world hasn't just magically stopped working, from which we can conclude that our universe isn't running on a Windows OS.

We can ALSO conclude that, once again, DOOM-AND-GLOOMERS were just making stuff up...and some people believed them, once again.

BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING (as some "YouTubers" already did), YES, I am fully aware of the fact that the U.S. Government has shut down yesterday, and to that I say two things:

-Thing number one- If the U.S. Govt. shuts down IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, it simply means that more people can pursue happiness now

-Thing number two- IT'S NOT THE FIRST SHUTDOWN, it's the 18th, and they all take place in THIS time of the year, so sooner or later someone was bound to make a prediction that coincided with one of them.

So, I hope we learned something new today, which is to keep an open mind but NEVER TO TRUST BLINDLY BASELESS PREDICTIONS, i.e. prophecies... plus they're sooo 4th century BC...

Thank you for reading,
AND NOW FOR THE PICS !!!

you make an interesting but somewhat incomplete point. While the shutdown is not something new, it is possible the outcome may be different. It is possible the way in which we experience this will be new. It may be the effects of seeing this event for what it is, scumbags who hate the people the govern acting like animals, is going to open many people's eyes. An event can be a comet crashing into a city yes, but and event can be something of this nature, which acts as a catalyst to spur people to wake up out of their drunken life stupor.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

you make an interesting but somewhat incomplete point. While the shutdown is not something new, it is possible the outcome may be different.

Why you're quite right there, but keep in mind I'm not discussing the implications of the shutdown, which may (MAY) very well turn out to be one of the most important events of this century;
What I'm saying is that between a predicted end of the world which didn't come and the Govt. shutdown there is no correlation whatsoever.
edit on 2/10/13 by MadHatter364 because:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

MadHatter364
reply to post by randyvs

So, I hope we learned something new today, which is to keep an open mind but NEVER TO TRUST BLINDLY BASELESS PREDICTIONS

If people understand this message, now THAT would be the win.

But maybe you'd like to live in a world of constant impending doom...de gustibus...

Oh I get what you are saying, it's a very good point. I made a thread the other day saying it would be the cloudiest 6 months just so I could guarantee a good view of Ison.

However, your prediction was that nothing would happen on Oct 1. You did not predict the naked vid dancing, you said you were going to do it. So you should do it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Negative El Proclamoto ! As for myself, I would rather we were championed by others.
Not by our egos.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Ok maybe it's just me, but shouldn't it be odd that you're SO eager to see A) my public humiliation and B) my male genitalia bouncing all over your screen ?

May I provide you with a list of interweb sites that are specifically designed to take care of these kind of "urges" ?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

May I provide you with a list of interweb sites that are specifically designed to take care of these kind of "urges" ?

Don't do it !
If he hurts himself while visiting a suggested site, you could be liable.

That would be a real no win, win.
edit on 2-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Negative El Proclamoto !

...yyyeah, you didn't really read the whole Op did you?

It is not about me being right, it is about the umpteenth prophecy that still managed to get spread around.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I'll concede your point. But I did read all of your post.
edit on 2-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

you could be liable

OH GAWD

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Your prophecy came true! Oooooh great Messiah! What will happen next!? Guide us into the morning light!
Will I have a coca cola tomorrow or stick to coffee? I must know my lord!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

Please, Please! Don't start with these shenanigans.......

.......you will obviously go for coke

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I've just been called odd by someone calling themself Mad Hatter. This is a new low.

:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join