It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird! Man is killed in 48 hours from bacteria in Florida water.. He just got wet! CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Not much to add except the antibiotics had no effect on the bacteria..

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Super Bacteria?

Florida?

Zombies....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

He is not the only one who has been infected.

3 sick in FL from warm water dwelling bacteria

I have also read two cases this year of two different kids in different states being sickened by this bacteria.

This has been enough to make me swear off brackish/warm water contact. Paranoid? Possibly. But I don't need a swim day so much as I need my life.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Freshwater amoeba ooorr salt water bacteria... How do you want to die?

Think we broke the Earth...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It's a known killer. Scary stuff.

Florida’s climate increases the likelihood of Vibrio vulnificus infections, which are more common in warm coastal waters, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
www.weather.com...
edit on 10/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Broom
Wow, all I can say is a broom really couldn't have helped in any way.

What a sweeping statement.

You brush aside responsibility like .. like a dusty floor. Oo

I had a mate who died in the US in 2004. He was fine, then felt like he had a cold, and was dead 6 hours later. They wen't from lemon drinks to hopsital to that..

there aren't many things that scare me, except the flesh eating virus and this.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Notice more and more people are getting sick down there, with what all got dumped int he gulf its not surprising.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

dimithae
reply to post by 727Sky

... with what all got dumped int he gulf its not surprising.

If you're referring to the oil spill, that's a really good point. I've noted a lot of weird health conditions pop up when desert sands get whipped up real good. It makes one wonder how long creepy stuff can lay dormant.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

A 16yo girl that was in high school with my own daughter,died from meningitis picked up at a lake outside town-they could not afford medical insurance+so she had to be treated at the state hospital,and yes,well..that is what happens in my country if you cannot afford good med insurance+have to go to one of the state hospitals-whatever age you are.You die unnecessarily.I am still so sad about that.

And i think that was just normal bacterial meningitis,not one of these new resistant strains.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Look up mrsa infections in florida... it's startling. there was one story about a woman who went in the hospital to have a baby and while in there she caught mrsa and when knocked out it got so bad so fast that by the time they brought her to, they had already amputated both legs and arms. Look it up, that's 100% true.

Another kid was riding an ATV or something and got scratched on his leg... thought nothing of it... went swimming. He lost his leg in short order. I can't remember if he lived or died. I'll back check these and look for articles but there is some heinous # in florida waters. Not just the waters but it's bad in the hospitals.

This is one of the reasons I don't go in hospitals but they want us who even avoid hospitals to pay buttloads of money to keep the disease/ medication factories going. I mean medical technology is great and all but there is a scary side of that industry and it's not the patients fault but that is who has to pay for it.

this pic of that organism...
upload.wikimedia.org...

reminds me of MAGGOTS!

for those who are unfamiliar with this plasmatics album, they introduce this organism into the environment to eat the pollution but it grew out of hand into giant maggots and killed everyone. There is a fully list of songs but also a hysterical narration.

I don't know what the hell is going on with all these superbugs but don't you kinda wish now that you didn't eat meat full of antibiotics? Don't wish that crap wasn't in the water? Does anybody really think the factory way that the government forces upon us is really the right way?

but look now... look at what is happening that so many americans no is just wrong... and it's still happening.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
ok... this article says she had the child at home THEN went to the hospital. that is not what i originally read. I originally read she caught it from the hospital. maybe it isn't the same woman. This is weird.

but anyway... abcnews.go.com...

Oh no...wait. Here it is. A TOTALLY DIFFERENT woman who caught strep a as well after giving birth and she did apparently get it at the hospital.

www.foxnews.com...

so many strep a quadruple amputees to chose from, I got confused.

If you live in florida, you'll see multiple case per year come up on the news like this. It's weird.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The Centers of Disease Control is shut down, I believe. I heard that from someone.

Wikipedia: CDC Shutdown
edit on 2-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Good morning!
Didn't you do a thread about flesh eating bacteria in the water off the Texas Gulf Coast not too terribly long ago? Seems like we're seeing strange bacteria in the warm waters maiming and/or killing people more and more frequently, in fact I seem to recall a boy dying and others being hospitalized from bacteria or amoebas in the drinking water in the outskirts of New Orleans recently too. It's almost as if the water is turning against us- becoming a source of danger just by taking a drink or going for a swim.

All I know is my behind does not get in the water at the beach any more as a couple of my girlfriends got the flesh eating bacteria from just splashing around in waist deep water of the Gulf of Mexico. Sad when you're scared to get in the water because no one knows what the heck is floating around in there. Curse you BP!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Florida is also where the zombie outbreak started a year or two ago, with the bath salts.
edit on 2-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Keep in mind that bacteria are living organisms and evolve just like humans, the only difference is bacteria self-replicates hundreds of times faster than us, meaning it can adapt faster, so it's probably just starting to adapt to current anti-biotics. Either that, or the zombie strain is upon us.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I am very afraid of what the future of "medical care" is going to look like in our future. We definitely need to make some serious changes to the way our healthcare systems operates, but we don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water. The core of our system, (the patients and the healthcare providers, the heart and soul of our society) should be the sole focus of our system, profit for the sake of profit and greed needs to be completely eliminated. If anyone person, company or group is gaining wealth from the system then they need to be eliminated. It should be based solely on need.

I don't know how long what I am about to say will remain true, but right now in this country, in the state where I work, people without insurance actually receive better care, service and length of hospital stay, then those that don't. I know it sounds crazy, but those "with " insurance have gate keepers that dictates to the doctors and hospital what services they will allow (pay for) and those that they won't. Doctors are told on a daily basis, "Get that patient out of the hospital or we are not going to pay for a single hour past this phone call. These calls come straight from the managers at the insurance companies.

People without insurance do have people trying to push them out of the hospital as well, trust me on that, but the doctors can push back a little bit when they don't feel it is safe to push a patient out or fore go a treatment or diagnostic test they think is beneficial, plus they gain a little time when the patient's with insurance are always being pushed to the first of the line. So the poor do not have to fear receiving inadequate healthcare in America. At least that was true before October 1, 2013. Right now I don't think anyone truly knows what is going to play out.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
They are conditioning the population to fear drinking from natural water sources

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join