It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BlackBerry +my own pc connection problem-related to password change on husband's pc?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I had to use my husband's pc yesterday afternoon-and not having a permalink-i had to request a new password.

Which is fine.But now i am in sort of connection-purgatory from both my BB And my own pc-i cannot log out or in-being sickly i really prefer replying from my BB as i can use that in bed when i am in pain or feeling sick,which is often.

I have:
taken out the battery of cell
rebooted cell
sent 2 mails from both email addies to your webmaster-facility for tech probs-but although one of those email addies i see listed as my official one here by my account-it were both returned as permanently failed due to my email addy not being registered with you? BUT at least one is registered,i just checked.

And also with my own pc now-same purgatory-cannot log out so i can log on with new password.

Can anyone help,please-and whom so ever can-please,i mean this-explain as if to a 3yo.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

That happened to the broom when he changed his password on his computer and tried logging in on his tablet. The solution? Delete cookies.

ETA: You need to go into your devices/s and look for internet options. Once you find that find the place where you can delete stuff stored on your device about the internet, including, passwords, cookies (which store information from websites), and internet browsing history. It may be easier for you just to delete them all.

edit on 2-10-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Thank you Broom,i will try that-i did wipe the history,that did not help,so i guess the hunt for the cookies are on-and with my level of skills at this kind of thing,next time the site goes down,don't panic-it would just be me who broketed your internetz

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Hi Broom,i tried that-cleared history,cookies,passwords+cache,following the instructions i got when googling "How to remove cookies from BB" it seems to not have worked,all i still get is:

,are you sure you want to log out?
And then i click..and click..and feckin click-nada.

You know that little blue line that runs across the screen from left to right,on a BB to show its connecting?

Well that only goes 3/4 way+then just vanishes.Idk what more to do?
I suppose i will just have to accept that i cannot reply or read my messages from BB till i can get to the local guy who runs a cell-shop later this week-maybe he could help me-and i appreciate you trying to help,Broom,thank you.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

That is a bummer. But if it still reconigses you as logged in, the original cookie must still be active. Will be back after looking for more info on this.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Thank you Broom,i sent a mail from hubby's pc where i opened an email connection,so i contacted TheAboveNetwork -thing is,i am not properly logged in either-i cannot post or go to my ats or my messages-it is like i am already logged out-but when i click the appropriate area that displays the ATS menu-it does not give the option to log IN-it just gives:
,are you sure you want to log out?

Which i have clicked numerous times,to no avail,it does not log me out properly-and as i said,the blue bar that runs from left to right across my BB screen on top,to show its connecting to the page,that just runs 3/4 way and then vanishes,so idk wtf.
i really thank you for trying to help,it is very kind-i am not pc-savvy in the least,i can do some basic things,but that's it-but still this does'nt seem right-it should respond as per the the procedures i followed.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Do you have any other sites that log in information is saved on? If so go to that site and see if it has been cleared. Also, not saying this will do anything, but if you haven't tried, after deleting cache and cookies again try a hard reset. That is, completely turn the device off and back on.

Don't know if you have ad blocking software. If so, try disabling it, and see if that may be causing the issue as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Thank you i will go try that also now

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Any news?

This is an issue, that probably needs addressed in the coding of this website. But hopefully doing the above will fix the problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Hi Broom,ok i Again cleared cache,history,passwords,cookies and after that i hard rebooted-took the battery out as well and replaced-but still the same problem.
Also i went to another site i have a permalink to+posted,just to see-i was still permalinked+my post went through,so idk?

I then tried again to send a mail to TheAboveNetwork,using one of my email addies,in fact the one i opened on my hubby's pc that i post from now,a mail addy that is permalinked to my cell,just like the other addy.
Asking that they manually log me out on any devive of mine still connected to ATS(my own pc+BB)

Still,it came back as delivery to the following recipient failed permanently
[email protected]

rejected by the server for the recipient domain
theabovenetwork.com by
mail.theabovenetwork.com
(their ip listed)

the error that the server returned was:
550 5.1.1
I am hoping an admin reads this+can log me out manually on my pc and BB connections-dont even know if that is doable-when it comes to pc's+tech there is not much i do know.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The only other thing, which might not be viable, that comes to mind, is using a different browser.

Which one are you using? Try another one:

Opera mini, Bolt browser, UC browser, UZard web, I believe are all compatible browsers with blackberries.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

I have the option for Opera,but i'm just sending a message to admin first,to see if it is possible to log me out manually from the 2 connected devices,my BB+pc.

Thanks so much for the support+trying to help.Upon hearing from an admin,i will switch to Opera maybe,if they cannot log me out manually,or do something from their side-it's not just because of often feeling sick that i prefer to do ATS from cell-my kids share my pc for schoolwork+my hubby wants to use his own pc when he's home,so yeah this is a bother.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Ok, goodnight. Post your resolution here, when you get one, please.

Perhaps you'll see me sweeping around.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Ok Broom+thanks again

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Please check your PMs.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thank you Gemwolf,checked+replied.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Download and use Opera, the BlackBerry browser is woefully lacking in updates for HTML5 and CSS3.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you springer,i tried that on my BB,it did'nt seem to work either-or on Chrome(my pc) or FireFox(my hubby's pc)
Thanks for the tip,though

Blessings
Raxoxane

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

GEMWOLF-i had to try and contact you this way-i replied to your pm-and it told me i can only reply to ATS staff-but you Are staff-and when i checked my outbox-the message shows up as not having gone through?
Anyway,i did try that reset url link on Chrome and Firefox first,on 2 seperate pc's-i tried again a few minutes ago,as a matter of fact-it still shows url 404'd?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxo888

I will try later today again,not feeling so well-i wonder if any member could be so kind as to ask moderator Gemwolf to send me another password reset url link to the email addy he has for me,please?
I tried to reply to his pm,but got a message that says i am only allowed to pm ATS staff-although mods are staff-idk what is going on.Thanks in advance,if anyone does

new topics

top topics

join