It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The puck drops on the 2013-14 National Hockey League Season October 1st, 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Anybody else excited?

The NHL season begins in a little under 2-1/2 hours with the Habs hosting the Maple Leafs.
At 8:00pm EST, the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks host the the Washington Capitals.
(Let's Go Caps!)

The night winds down with Winnipeg at Edmonton.

This should be an interesting season; with the new divisions in place, new and renewed rivalries, and a full season to play. Plus, it's way more exciting than American football.

Let the games begin!

P.S. It's not too late to get in on a fantasy game or two.

edit on 10/1/2013 by Olivine because: spacing was unattractive

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Its an awsome day to have off, i get to see my habs in action. Hope for a good season for all

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sweet Cheese and Cream!! (Also known as SCNC)

I made that up. It means that I'm excited, Go Canucks! (of course : P )

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
All I have 2 say is....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tweetybird0428

I hear ya, lol. I enjoy the NFL.
In fact, I was the commissioner of our neighborhood FFL for years; but then I went to a hockey game, and was hooked.

It's just that I prefer the non-stop action on the ice, versus 11 seconds of football interrupted by 120+ seconds of beer and Erectile Dysfunction commercials of the NFL.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Olivine
It's just that I prefer the non-stop action on the ice, versus 11 seconds of football interrupted by 120+ seconds of beer and Erectile Dysfunction commercials of the NFL.

There ya go!!! eXACTLY MY SENTIMENTS... LOL aND WHAT IS IT WITH PLAYS WHILE THE CLOCK IS STOPPED AND EVERYONE TALKING WHILE THE CLOCK IS ON??? aNYWAYS...

Oupsa! You can see I was excited about hockey, no?

If Carey Price can stop a puck, yes, the Habs will go far!

GO HABS! GO!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

I've been trying to get my fix by watching the pre-season exhibition games...but it's just not the same.

It's been a long summer but the wait is finally over! Rejoice, my fellow hockey enthusiasts!

All I gotta say is that this better be the year the young Oilers squad finally makes the playoffs. 2006 was a long time ago, so I don't remember what playoff hockey truly feels like.

LET'S GO OILERS!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Coup_Detat_Cam

Play-offs are full of itchy beards! That's how it feels like.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Sadly, I wouldn't know.

(A) because it's been so long and (B) because I couldn't grow a beard to save my life!

Maybe I should start growing my playoff beard now? At least this way I might have a few scragly hairs to show off come spring 2014.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Coup_Detat_Cam

I have the same problem! lol It seems that THAT and hockey is in Canadian blood!

edit on 1-10-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I wonder how the Canucks drama will play out this year..always entertaining... Also stoked for the Olympics.

top topics

join