It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON goes green ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't know if this is some bad omen .. But it seems that comet ISON turning green? Also the US government websites are all down does this have some relation between the two I don't know but I do think its weird.

Sorry if this was already posted but I couldn't find anything about this.. ?

Well lets hope that it all be some nice spectacle we are going to see...

As NASA and the European Space Agency prepare their remote photojournalists – Mars Express, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter and the Curiosity and Opportunity rovers – to capture photos of Comet ISON’s flyby of Mars early next week, amateur astronomers continue to monitor and photograph the comet from backyard observatories across the blue Earth. Several recent color photos show ISON’s bright head or nucleus at the center of a puffy, green coma. Green’s a good omen – a sign the comet’s getting more active as it enters the realm of the inner solar system and sun’s embrace. Read more: www.universetoday.com...

Universe today
edit on 1-10-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Maybe the incredible Hulk is in it now, lol

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Don't make it angry.
You wouldn't like comet Ison when it's angry.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Ill bet it's the Green lantern and is going to replenish our debt...so we can go on spending...
edit on 1-10-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
No one would've believed in the early years of the 21st Century.......

Time to stock up viruses lol

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

grey580

Don't make it angry.
You wouldn't like comet Ison when it's angry.

Umm, this just takes the biscuit, slaps the pony and wins the prize. Thank you for having me splutter beer all iver my non green screen....well there was a little bit of snot between the beer but what happens on ATS stays on ATS...cough cough.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well, if in the coming weeks it turns blue, I'll believe the Hopi were right and start bugging out.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And what would this have to do with the government shutdown?

Plus it's no "bad omen", it's even explained in the article you linked

Among the materials released by solar heating are cyanogen and diatomic carbon. Both are colorless gases that fluoresce a delicious candy-apple green when excited by energetic ultraviolet light in sunlight.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I really like this pic.

Wow I hope it puts on a good show.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MadHatter364

I only said that its weird both events happening at almost the same time, nothing more nothing less ...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Made me think of this.

No one would have believed that in the last years of the 19th century that human affairs where being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No one could have dreamed we were being scrutinized as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few man even considered the possibility of life on other planets and yet across the gulf of space minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes. And slowly and surely they drew their plans against us.

edit on k113810bamTue, 01 Oct 2013 11:38:33 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Nice find Op.

I wonder why it would change color?

link   
Nice find Op.

link   
reply to post by grey580

Maybe it caught a cold?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I only said that its weird both events happening at almost the same time, nothing more nothing less

Yes, you did, and I simply stated that IMO the two things aren't related in any way, that's it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It's clearly made of dollar bills. The question is, how many will survive the close approach to the Sun

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

TruthSeekerKnight
Nice find Op.

It's heating up:

Among the materials released by solar heating are cyanogen and diatomic carbon. Both are colorless gases that fluoresce a delicious candy-apple green when excited by energetic ultraviolet light in sunlight.

Read more: www.universetoday.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This isn't a good or a bad omen, it's just science.. The green color is just an indication of the presence of copper (oxide) in the comet.. it's not unusual in any way.

They sell torch lighters with a ball of copper to give them a blue green flame.. same idea

Even satellites entering the atmosphere often burn green because of the copper content.
edit on 10/1/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/1/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Awesome!

I hope that it doesn't fall apart and we get a spectacular show from it. I wonder what color it will change as it nears the sun.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

0bserver1
I don't know if this is some bad omen .. But it seems that comet ISON turning green? Also the US government websites are all down does this have some relation between the two I don't know but I do think its weird.

The sites are down because of the Federal funding crisis. Only in America! But nowt to worry about.

ISON is currently visible in good telescopes, but still hopefully becoming naked eye visible around the beginning of December - if it survives its close encounter with the Sun

www.redorbit.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join