It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War II veterans knock down police barriers to attend memorial on the National Mall

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I miss that generation in my life. That was the generation of REAL men and women. The men walked with a swagger with their hats just so. Women who were tough enough to fight and gentle enough to raise babes. Tough as steel, with moxie that you just don't see anymore. What we have was built by their hands. Not computers and robots that do things for us. THEY fought for our country. What have we become? Sniveling asining, jerks filled with petty revenge. One of those men is worth 10x's more than anyone in the government. That is their place. Barricading it out of spite was very disrespectful.
edit on 3-10-2013 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think if the government shuts down, national parks should just not be regulated / maintained. In other words, people pick up after themselves (or not) and enjoy the park for free admission. Good on them for breaking through, I hope this ends well. Obama is known to be anti-veterans/troops so if he gets heat from this, the better.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Em2013
I think if the government shuts down, national parks should just not be regulated / maintained. In other words, people pick up after themselves (or not) and enjoy the park for free admission. Good on them for breaking through, I hope this ends well. Obama is known to be anti-veterans/troops so if he gets heat from this, the better.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, it was rather painful watching Obama during the recent Medal of Honor ceremony. His physical tells, and robotic speech, pretty much tell you everything you need to know about how much fun he was having.

Sad.

<< 1  2   >>

join