It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives Appropriating Eachother's Stupidity: People Boycotting Barilla After CEO's Anti-Gay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by iwilliam

Wow, you are seriously reaching there. I am attracted to women, but the moment I laid with one I made a conscious choice to do it. It is natural for a man to be attracted to women and women to men, it's in our dna. Let me ask you this. Are serial killers born serial killers ? Are pedophiles born pedophiles ? Are Zoophiles born zoophiles ? People are not born sexual. Sexuality comes on at puberty and anyone that claims that they had true sexual feelings as a young child is full of crap. There are several years that go by before sexuality sets in and that gives plenty of time for things to go awry. For the pedophile things go seriously awry, as with the serial killer and zoophile and homosexual. Name your cliché, overbearing mother figure, absent father figure, abuse, recruitment.

1- So you mean to tell me, that if you wanted to, you could have sexual attraction, desire for sexual intimacy with men, the same sex? I don't think you could. I think the idea would repulse you a bit. And that's okay. You did not choose to have sexual attraction toward women. As you said, you are quite naturally this way.

2- Likewise, homosexuals do not "choose' their sexual attraction. They would be just as repulsed by the idea of having sexual relations with the opposite sex, as you would be at the idea of having relations with the same sex. If you couldn't choose to enjoy gay sex, why do you think anyone else can? If you didn't choose who you're actually attracted to, what makes you imagine anyone else does?

3- What you say about people not having sexual feelings prior to puberty is 100% not true. First of all, I did. Strong sexual feelings, too. I won't get much more explicit than that, to try to stay within ATS acceptable discussion... but I assure you that plenty of people have strong sexual feelings before puberty.

And there is all kinds of evidence for this. The least of which is the fact that even infants masturbate.

4- The answer to pretty much all your other questions, is "in some cases, quite possibly." We have no idea why people become serial killers. However, they all pretty much have the characters of sociopathy, which is something they generally believe you are born with. Who knows, maybe that's the case with zoophilia as well. Pedophilia is a bit trickier, because many pedophiles were abused when they were younger, and some believe that this is a factor. However, I have read testimonials from pedophiles who clam they were not abused, and yet are attracted to children, so that's really hard to say.

But the fact is-- yes, genetics, and probably some other presently poorly understood factors do actually seem to determine some very fundamental things about the personalities or quirks of most, if not all of us, in one way or another.

And yes-- homosexuals are quite naturally attracted to the same sex, just like you are quite naturally attracted to the opposite sex.

PS-- I think it's funny that when it's convenient for your beliefs, and your argument, you assume that everyone must be the same as you were (i.e., non-sexual prior to puberty.) And similarly, also when it's convenient for your argument you assume that others must be different than you, and they choose to be attracted to the same sex, despite their alleged existing natural heterosexual instinct, and choose to be gay-- even though you admit that you're naturally straight, not straight by choice.
edit on 1-10-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I call bull. Infants do not masturbate, when they touch their privates it is not sexual. It is not natural nor normal for a child prepuberty to have strong sexual urges. If you did I urge you to talk to someone and get help.
Again, no homosexuals are not born that way and they are not victims of their hormones. Anything to excuse what they do.
Look, we are deadlocked and neither will sway so whatcha say we call it quits for now.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join