Ever played "Light as a feather" ? It's a party trick where a person is lifted from his chair with ease after a ritual has been performed. I've
tried it sometimes and I'm always impressed on how much lighter the person feels after the ritual has been performed - so much so that tonight I ask
IS "LIGHT AS A FEATHER" REAL MAGIC OR A TRICK OF THE MIND!
1. Place a chair in an open space so that your movement is not restricted. Use a standard desk chair, without any arm rests. Sit the person chosen to
be lifted in the chair. (Do not pick someone too large at first, but gradually try larger and larger people to see what you are capable of.) Tell them
to relax, with both feet together on the floor, hands in lap.
2. Four lifters should bring their hands together with forefingers and index fingers pointing outwards, and the remaining fingers clasped around each
3. Make a test lift. Two lifters should stand behind the person being lifted, and one at either side of their legs. With hands in the position
described in step two, place the protruding fingers under the corresponding the knees and armpits. Once everyone is comfortable, lifters should count
to three and all lift up with their fingers at the same time. You may manage to lift the person slightly, or maybe not at all. If the person being
lifted is boosted straight up in the air, then they are far too light and should be changed for a heavier subject.
4. Engage your minds. Once you have established how difficult it is to lift the subject, it is time to employ some simple "mind over matter" to
increase your strength.
4.1 All lifters should place each of their hands in turn above the head of the person being lifted. Hands should alternate so that one's persons
hands are separated by someone else's. Press down, but obviously don't hurt the person's head.
4.2 Clear your minds, and focus as hard as you can on the idea of lifting up the person in the chair. Visualise lifting the person as high as your
arms can stretch. You must picture yourselves with huge arm muscles, and "feel" immense strength in your arms.
4.3 Whilst doing this, repeat over and over in your heads or out loud: "Light as a feather, strong as an ox". (In variations where the person is
lying down, the more common phrase is "Light as a feather, stiff as a board.")
4.4 This mental preparation should last for about thirty seconds.
5. Remove your hands quickly in the order that they were put up there, and whilst remaining focused on the visual imagery, resume the lifting
position. Lift at the same time. If you have done everything right, you should lift the person with remarkable ease to a remarkable height. Always
remember to lower the subject carefully.
Source with pictures