It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

huge mystery cat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

tracehd1
I want to throw in my 2 cents and say in my opinion it was a bob-cat. I use to live in Ky and have traveled Ohio-ky-TN-Georgia extensively and I'm almost willing to bet you saw a Bob-Cat. ;0)

Although I did hear you say you agreed w/ the bangle cat pic... I'm still almost certain you saw a bob-cat.
edit on 30-9-2013 by tracehd1 because: Corr

Would agree, they are very wary though, rare to catch glimpse of them on stalk and when you do usually no mistaking that it is bobcat. We have big cats, I once had lengthy argument about black panther he said did not exist. Yet, it walked through the woods and down across the road in front of me less than fifteenth yards away. As he crossed into the woods he ran around twenty soldiers out of the woods lol.

Occasionally bobcats get huge also. I remember as a young man my uncle took a cat in Texas that took a mountain lion form to mount it. Before I get flamed he had no choice but to take the cat, he came upon accidentally while they both were stalking a deer. The cat was cornered and attacked he had no choice so don't flame.

I have three house cats and we live in country. These cats are all very close to their wild brethren as they are fantastic hunters. It is amazing to watch them hunt. They will take any prey just like a wild cat. It is funny watching grace who is light as feather and when sitting with her tail curved looks like porcelain doll. She is beautiful grey with splash of white in just right places. Gracy will hunt rabbit bigger than she is. They taunt each other lol, it appears to be a game of cat and hare lol.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I swear my Maine Coon boy was loose for only a few minutes.

edit on 15-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

terriblyvexed
*snip*
It was a grey cat with black spots, it was huge (well for a cat) it was in my neighbors yard about 80 to 90 yards away, so I admit distance could have fooled my eyes.

I tried to find it to see if it was as big as I think it is, and get a pic if possible, but I couldn't locate it,I eyeballed the spot of the tree it walked pass to see how high it stood, if I got the right spot of the tree is shoulders would be at my thighs, I'm only 5'8 but we're talking about a cat!

*snip*

Are you sure the color was grey? Was the time of day early or late enough that the lighting could make that less clear? The reason I ask is that, other than the grey, it sounds like a bobcat. The size is about right for a big one, and they do have the spots. Did you see a tail?

Even if it was a bobcat, it's pretty cool seeing one that close to home. I know we have them where we live, and they actually run around the streets at night. My oldest son sees them from time to time, usually running away, as he's out with the dogs when he sees them.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

No it has a long tail, and is very slim.

Since this posting there have been 4 more people who have seen it.

My neighbors have started referring to it as the puma. I'm keeping an eye out for it so I can post a pic.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

That would be cool! It is possible that it's some exotic, misplaced or released. Also possible it's something different! Will be hoping for a pic! At least it's not too large.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
it was me the nexu, sorry i scare u i was lookin for atlanta

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join