It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is John B. Alexander, Ph.D. I’ve researched many controversial topics. Ask me anything

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
For well over half a century I have been interested in exploring phenomena while maintaining firm balance in the real world. Therefore my web site contains two bios; one for the “straight world” (www.johnbalexander.com...) and another that be of more interest to ATS readers (www.johnbalexander.com...). For 32 years I served in the Army entering as a private, rising to sergeant first class (E7), attending Officers Candidate School, was commissioned as a second lieutenant and became a colonel before I retired in 1988. My varied assignments were mostly in special operations, intelligence, and research and development. I am a Special Forces combat commander, Ranger, Pathfinder, underwater operations qualified, and later served under contract as a mentor to the senior MOD leadership in Afghanistan.

My second career was at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). Recognizing the world was rapidly changing I developed the concept of Non-Lethal Defense which has evolved into a major military endeavor, but remains poorly understood. Despite persistent rumors it has nothing to do with mind control but will be integral to the future application of force in all sectors.

After retiring from the University of California (LANL is actually a campus of the UC system) I was the person first to join the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS) here in Las Vegas. Among my many experiences there, I was the first of NIDS staff to spend the night on Skinwalker Ranch. Very likely, most of what you think you know about NIDS is wrong. It was wholly owned by Robert Bigelow and had no connection to the U.S. government (other than accepting FAA referrals on UFOs.)

Scholastically I graduated from the University of Nebraska – Omaha, obtained an MA from Pepperdine University and Ph.D. from Walden University. Later I attended advanced programs at the Sloan School of Management at MIT, Anderson School of Management at UCLA, and the Senior Executive Program in National and International Security at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard.

We have traveled the world, including all seven continents, and lectured on most. Most recently we have returned from exploring shamans and the reindeer people in Northern Mongolia and experiencing voodoo ceremonies in Togo and Benin, West Africa. We saw things that
can’t happen” but did. For information about the countries we have visited check my web site www.johnbalexander.com That may answer questions or generate new ones. New Guinea was amazing, as were experiences with shamans and healers from all over the world. John of God in Brazil is a favorite.

I have had four books published and written many scientific articles on a broad range of topics from non-lethal weapons and geopolitics, to remote viewing, near death experiences and UFOs. As a senior fellow at defense universities I have published monographs on the changing nature of war, intelligence shortfalls in Central and South America, emerging conflicts in Africa, and the convergence of functions between special operations forces and civilian law enforcement agencies. My next monograph, which addresses maritime piracy, is due out within a few weeks. I have also contributed to a National Defense University book on the future of biological warfare. All of those DOD publications are available for free on my web site.

My book, UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities, is based on an ad hoc group I formed decades ago to study the topic. Participants came from all services, several intelligence agencies, and aerospace industries. All members had very high security clearances. Contrary to popular mythology we found no ultra-secret organization lurking in the background. Excluding the names of individuals involved that already have not self-identified, I have no prohibitions in answering any questions you might have about the topic.

While in the military we explored a lot of controversial issues. With help of Jack Houck I taught metal bending (PKMB) to hundreds of officials and researched monitoring of emotions at a distance through oral leucocytes with information from Cleve Backster. Later I was a founding member of the board of directors for the International Remote Viewers Association (IRVA).
Based on my dissertation topic I joined the board of directors of the International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS), then at the University of Connecticut. As one of the presidents I heard many extraordinary cases. On the “straight” side of thanatology studies I helped form Children’s Hospice International (CHI) and was on the founding board of directors along with my mentor, Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross. Now, decades later there are free-standing hospices for pediatric care and support for their families that did not exist before 1980.

To support serious research into phenomenology I joined the Society for Scientific Exploration (SSE) which has some of the most forward thinking and open-minded scientists on the planet. For nine years I served as a council member until eliminated due to term limits.

Philosophically I concur with Einstein; there are no limits to human stupidity. Although often associated with them through ridiculous rumors, I have little tolerance for conspiracy theories that abound. I find that most people have no concept of how large organizations work, and willingly make huge leaps in logic about capabilities the government may, or may not have. That said, I will not knowingly make any misleading statements in my response to questions; but expect blunt answers to such questions.

Ask me anything

**************************************************************************************************************************************
admin note: This is the "real" Colonel John Alexander, he is our invited guest and we expect the utmost civility and respect from our members who interact with him. Please show your appreciation for Colonel Alexander giving his time to us here at ATS by asking one question per post and please be patient about getting an answer.

We'd like to thank John for doing this and hope everyone enjoys it!
edit on 9-30-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnAlexander

Welcome to ATS!

Do you think that the deployment of so called non-lethal weapons to domestic law enforcement has been a help or a hinderance to the safety of the American people?

I look forward to this Q&A!
edit on 30-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I will read more on you and your endeavors and I am sure will have some questions in this thread. Thanks for joining!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS and thank you very much for your time.

Are you currently bound by any secrecy agreements or confidentiality oaths or anything of that nature? I'm sure you would have been at one time, just curious as to whether they are still in effect. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Truly interesting and impressive resume, Nice to meet you, I always wonder, if the government have areas or agencies in which they really works on the population, to control behavior and how successful they are.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Regarding your statement about seeing strange things. What is the most unusual experience you have ever encountered? Thank you for your time, and response.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Hi John
Thankyou for your time and responses.

Question:
What have you seen/experienced that convinces you that we are being visited by ET/ID's?

Who are they?

thankyou

link   
I am cheesy from indonesia..Tq sir for come to this great site..
Just want to ask little question..

My book, UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realitie

So what you say about Ufo sir?..myths,conspiracies or real?
Glad to see you here Mr Alexander..

link   
Hello and thanks for stopping by, do you have any knowledge of government remote viewers collectively thinking that something major is to happen to earth around this time? Thanks for your time.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS and thank you for all your work and the time you so generously are spending here.

In your experience with remote viewing and with the paranormal, have you ever encountered or seen any evidence of consciousness "making" future events? That is to say instead of foretelling such future, consciousness has somewhat affected them beforehand while doing so?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Welcome, Dr. Alexander. Thanks for taking the time to be here.

From a sociology/anthropology standpoint, do you feel that many (obviously not all) people who ascribe to conspiracy theories do so out of a "victim mentality" -- i.e., the need for some people to blame forces that are out of their control (such as a big bad shadow government) for what they perceive to be a life unfulfilled?

edit on 9/30/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: sppelling

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Welcome!

The chemtrail conspiracy theory, any truth to all that?

link   

greencmp

Welcome to ATS!

Do you think that the deployment of so-called non-lethal weapons to domestic law enforcement has been a help or a hinderance to the safety of the American people?

I look forward to hearing this Q&A.
edit on 30-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

LEAs call them "less-lethal" and they have already saved thousands of lives, both here and abroad. Like any technology, they can be misused. Training and management are key.

link   
Hello!

What are your thoughts on Keshe Foundation?

link   
Ok....I do have a question based on your OP here. You are extremely well educated/traveled/experienced in multiple areas. The greatest of which appears to be militarily. You stated you contributed to a book on biological warfare. In your opinion, what is the greatest threat to the human race (from a biological warfare standpoint), what are the implications of such a threat, how likely is that threat to occur and what nations would be capable of releasing such a weapon?

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

crawdad1914

Welcome!

The chemtrail conspiracy theory, any truth to all that?

I find the chemtrail conspiracy to be nonsense. The USAF doesn't have sufficient aircraft to support current missions. If these chemtrails are poising people as claimed, where are the victims?

Follow the logistics and the whole CT falls apart.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Colonel Sir,

Thank you for your service and welcome to ATS

Semper

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Colonel Alexander
To the best of your knowledge have we been visited by ET , have you seen any evidence that would suggest that an off world intelligence has ever visited this planet .

Thanks

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

m83x1
Hello!

What are your thoughts on Keshe Foundation?

Never heard of it

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"Taught metal bending" Whoa....what? Please explain how this can work and also how you taught it. I am a fan of people like Andrija Puharich who of course brought Uri Geller to the states and the limelight with his ability to bend metal...sometimes. Also of Tom Bearden who I have only heard briefly discuss this ability and mentions that when you get both sides of the brain hemispheres to create an area of interference, don't ask me how you do that; you get strange effects...scalar interferometry, do you know anything about this line of thinking/physics?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join