It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Solar Filament Rupture Last Night September 29, 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Starwise

For a bit more technical description:

A filament eruption and associated low-level solar flare (below R1 - Minor) occurred late Sunday afternoon, Sep 29th, (start of day Sep 30th UTC) producing a S2 (Moderate) solar radiation storm which remains in progress at this time. The filament eruption resulted in a coronal mass ejection (CME) that appears to be partially Earth-directed, with the potential to cause minor to moderate geomagnetic storming later this week. Further analysis of the event is in progress to determine a possible arrival time, intensity, and duration.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Mr phage i always love when you explain something but i dont see your interest with the date of something..like 1st oct or 1st nov about fema or region 3 or power blackout..tell us what you know..i think you know something..but if with you pleasure of course..

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I have no interest in baseless predictions.
I have no reason to think anything terrible will occur any time soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by cheesy

I have no interest in baseless predictions.
I have no reason to think anything terrible will occur any time soon.

Ah i know you gonna say that..only "human" will say that..
We all know only you sir have to right to say "rational Human"

Hehe kidding i am one of your fans anw..

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Phage

For a bit more technical description:

A filament eruption and associated low-level solar flare (below R1 - Minor) occurred late Sunday afternoon, Sep 29th, (start of day Sep 30th UTC) producing a S2 (Moderate) solar radiation storm which remains in progress at this time. The filament eruption resulted in a coronal mass ejection (CME) that appears to be partially Earth-directed, with the potential to cause minor to moderate geomagnetic storming later this week. Further analysis of the event is in progress to determine a possible arrival time, intensity, and duration.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

This is good news! I will definitely be keeping up on the arrival time.

I don't think anything bad is going to happen either. Just some Auroras!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Since no one has posted it yet....it was really quite lovely.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wow, nice one. I wonder what would happen with comet ison when this would have happened at November 28, when ison makes his round around the sun. Could such event alter the trajectory of a comet?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismir

Not significantly (if at all). The density of that CME is less than the best vacuum that can be produced in labs on Earth.

Comets have encountered CMEs. Their tails get pushed around a bit, that's about it.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sounds logical, thanks for the quick reply, complete with perfectly suitable youtube explanation. Did you expect this question?

edit on 30/9/2013 by chrismir because: typo

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismir

Let's just say it's not the first time it's come up.
It's a perfectly reasonable question.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A fellow ATS'er shared w/ me a guy that does space weather, EQ's, Ison , volcano eruptions, ect. He is not into Doom... He just gives us the facts and his predictions based on those facts.

SuspiciousObserver/3-4min News

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Well, this news is a bit scary for me. I have to go to work now, but I will come back later today to tell you guys about my aunty who has predicted a huge solar event in October. And I know she sees a lot of the future, a lot of stuff years ago in our family has come to past. Talk later.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

rickymouse
according to spaceweather.com it may have an earth directed component. I check that site first thing when I turn on the computer every day and usually sometimes in the evening. Been doing that for many years. S&F

I do the same as well. SW, isn't so bothered with this event, I'd worry more about mind control effects, (separate subject unrelated)
For the OP, SW has links back to JPL and the info there.
edit on 30-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Update from SWPC. Minor geomagnetic storming expected Wed-Thur.

A filament eruption and associated low-level solar flare (below the R1, Minor level) occurred late Sunday afternoon, Sep 29th, (start of day Sep 30th UTC) producing a S2 (Moderate) solar radiation storm which remains in progress at this time. The filament eruption resulted in a partially Earth-directed coronal mass ejection (CME). As a result, G1 (Minor) geomagnetic storming is expected mid-day on September 2nd through the 3rd. No further activity is expected at this time given the lack of substantial sunspots, but stay tuned for updates as this event unfolds.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

aarys

Well, this news is a bit scary for me. I have to go to work now, but I will come back later today to tell you guys about my aunty who has predicted a huge solar event in October. And I know she sees a lot of the future, a lot of stuff years ago in our family has come to past. Talk later.

Looking forward to hearing about this story!
Don't be scared, please share!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have never seen anything so humbling in my life. No video has ever put the chills in me but to see that kind of energy simply SNAP! like a whip that converted a third the width of the sun. WHOA! Another chill has i wrote WHOA.

So....what's up with that?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Phage

Since no one has posted it yet....it was really quite lovely.

Absolutely Awed by its Awesomeness!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

wow thats massive. something is changing in the galaxy but nobody knows what.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

That would seem to be a non-sequitur.

The Sun does this sort of thing on a regular basis but this event was actually not much of a big deal. Pretty minor as a matter of fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Revised plot, yes it should be something we notice.

WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction

plot

Wish I lived up north, would be looking north on the 2nd and 3rd pm...
edit on 30-9-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ahhhh Elenin....what a learning experience that was for some people, myself included.
edit on 30-9-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join