It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball Shoots Across Midnight Sky In US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Hundreds of people in Indiana and neighbouring states called emergency services when a huge, bright blue flash appeared in the midnight sky.

The light, which appeared like a bolt of lightning shortly before 1am local time on Saturday, is thought to have been a meteor or falling space debris, the National Weather Service said.

According the American Meteor Society, there have been 13 similar sightings so far this year.

I know this is probably something like a small bit of space rock or perhaps some space junk falling to earth

but wow!

look at it

anyway i figured some of you would find this find interesting and didn't find anything else on it so let me what you think guys!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Looks like the bolides members have been discussing, I never knew what one was until just recently, good find though, seems something is happening. Only time will tell if it will get serious. Otherwise just keep your eyes tot he skies and camera at ready.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hundreds of people in Indiana and neighbouring states called emergency services when a huge, bright blue flash appeared in the midnight sky.

The light, which appeared like a bolt of lightning shortly before 1am local time on Saturday, is thought to have been a meteor or falling space debris, the National Weather Service said.

According the American Meteor Society, there have been 13 similar sightings so far this year.

I know this is probably something like a small bit of space rock or perhaps some space junk falling to earth

but wow!

look at it

anyway i figured some of you would find this find interesting and didn't find anything else on it so let me what you think guys!

Had my binos out trying to figure out where the comet was coming from and just looking at stars and I saw two streaks across the sky. I had seen two the night before.

During the same time I saw a strange ufo. I have seen several in my life but this was not like any of the others and might have been more than one. I was only able to catch it in binos for a second when it stopped dead for second this thing was way up there, higher than others I have seen. Well, we, pretty much whole town, saw one jump out of atmosphere and woosh it was gone lol.

Anyway the best I could tell this thing was diamond shaped and had what I would describe as orb type light that seemed to shift from point to point. The thing was it could have been more than one cus i really could not see the body of the shape well. But outside that one brief second of stillness this thing or things were warping across the sky. I mean it was jumping across the sky in huge chunks, about four jumps and it was gone. It also did not travel in straight line.

It almost seemed to be observing the meteor activities. In south Louisiana, anyone else see these strange things while sky watching Saturday night.

What is up with all the meteorites......

The Bot

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

My brother saw it in eastern Ky. He stopped int he middle of the road. He thought it was a plane or something coming down and braced himself because after it lasted too long. He said it lit up the entire night sky and lasted for several seconds. Which, for anyone that has seen a shooting star, is a looong time. When a shooting star lasts long enough for you to tell someone to look and they can see it.. that's large object coming in. There was one at 730 and one at 1150. My bro saw the 1150.

I saw one in eastern KY that made me brace myself/move away from windows last spring. It was within a few days of the one that struck Russia, which was probably on my mind. I posted here when it happened, but in an existing thread.

Apparently we are in the Taurid meteor shower at the moment and despite not producing a large number per hour, it apparently tends to bring some fireballs this time a year (peaks around oct 9th). At least that is what I have read.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have to say I am surprised that more people are not picking up on this news.

seems really interesting to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Maybe the increase in UFO sightings coupled with an increase in meteorites et al is to do with the Earth traveling through or 'into' a debris field and UFO's are lifting people to 're-seed' other worlds before we all get trumped very soon......

I've been watching too many films recently.....

RGDS

PDUK

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

There have been several threads in fragile earth forum over the weekend about them, you'll probably find more info & clips in there.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nooooo and I missed it!
I seriously walked out of my house at like 1:30am (I live in Indiana). Thank you for the video! S&F.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

This happened near my hometown...kind of scary it is not on CNN or FOX. Why are they not talking?? That is what concerns me more than ANYTHING.

Meteor hits house and causes fire killing two elderly occupants

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I have seen some conflicting reports in regards to the couple being killed in a fire and that it was perhaps caused by the meteor strike. It has been mentioned in other forums and threads - some have said it was something separate and coincidentally happened around the same time the meteor was spotted.

For me, it is too coincidental, especially with all the increased sightings, I am sure a lot of the media isn't going to come forward if it was definitely caused by a meteor. I also think that this is not "usual" as some have stated - I'm not really buying into the fact that just more people are reporting them.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

I also think that this is not "usual" as some have stated - I'm not really buying into the fact that just more people are reporting them.

It is unusual for two large meteors to occur in close proximity. It's also unusual to roll boxcars twice in a row. But both things happen from time to time.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

What is up with all the meteorites......

Just a meteor, as I understand it meteorites are the evidence left behind
of a meteor for us to find. Meteorites can bring in the bucks.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

CINY8
reply to post by k21968

I have seen some conflicting reports in regards to the couple being killed in a fire and that it was perhaps caused by the meteor strike. It has been mentioned in other forums and threads - some have said it was something separate and coincidentally happened around the same time the meteor was spotted.

For me, it is too coincidental, especially with all the increased sightings, I am sure a lot of the media isn't going to come forward if it was definitely caused by a meteor. I also think that this is not "usual" as some have stated - I'm not really buying into the fact that just more people are reporting them.

And you're right, don't buy into it. I've been watching this phenomenon and writing about it for the last 10 months and I can assure you, this is anything but normal. I don't intend to scare, but inform, which is what the experts should be doing, but as one poster mentioned, it's all quiet in the MSM.

What couple killed in a fire are you referring to? Is this something recent or something that happened around the time of this fireball? Could you provide a link, thanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

It wasn't the meteor.
It was a roving band of methane.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Did I not read somewhere that any meteorite or object falling from space is automatically the property of the US government? (Only applies to meteorites that land in the USA naturally)

I believe this has been the case since the early days of the space race. They didn't want to risk the chance that a piece of their spy tech could find its way to the open market.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Rezlooper

It wasn't the meteor.
It was a roving band of methane.

No Phage, I think they were rolling dice and got boxcars one too many times. Great analogy by the way. lol. It's too bad you can't keep up with all these fireball threads to threadkill, huh.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redshoes

Did I not read somewhere that any meteorite or object falling from space is automatically the property of the US government? (Only applies to meteorites that land in the USA naturally)

I'm pretty sure that even if what you say is true. You can hunt meteorites and turn them in for cash.

Phage will know more.
edit on 30-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redshoes

A meteorite on private land belongs to the landowner.
A meteorite on state land probably belongs to the state.
A meteroite on federal land...the feds would say it's theirs but you could take it to court.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

To quote NASA Astronaut Edgar Mitchell : "No, we're not alone" this was in an interview after he was asked if he had seen anything unusual on his trip being the first man to orbit the Earth. I know, I know it's a short quote and it could definitely have been taken out of context. But several other Astronauts have claimed to see things they couldn't explain or talk about candidly.

These are cool as hell whatever they are!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SerpoDreamer

Do you think meteors are alien spacecraft?

BTW, Mitchell said that he had no personal experience as far as UFOs go. He's entitled to his opinions on the subject.

Clash: Have you ever seen a UFO yourself?

Mitchell: I consider myself fairly well informed, although I have not seen one personally. I’m not out there looking -- I’m pretty busy.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 10/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join