It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You may...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You may close your eyes, ears heart and mind. Dig your head in the sand, torture yourself & others, give up, fall down, no matter whatever road you find yourself on. The heart all ways remains opened armed for your return. Amazing is the self.
Eliberocelta Sept 2013

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

ancientthunder

You may close your eyes, ears heart and mind. Dig your head in the sand, torture yourself & others, give up, fall down, no matter whatever road you find yourself on. The heart all ways remains opened armed for your return. Amazing is the self.
Eliberocelta Sept 2013

So very true as I discovered during my lourney through life. Thank you for bringing it back to me, sometimes the BS becomes so thick I almost forget the real things.

edit on 28-9-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I can agree with the sentiment and perhaps undeniable truth of your OP but I am curious as to why you would end it with ‘Amazing is the self’...and leave it at that. In fact the OP would stand without that statement.
Indeed you could have just said ‘I am amazing’...are you not your self?

Is it not strange that we objectify our selves?
In fact some people even try to find, or lose themselves..!
Isn’t that sad?
Are you and the self mutually exclusive?
And if I ask ‘what is the self’, am I really asking what are you?

You should just have finished with ‘Amazing is the heart’ and I wouldn’t be here!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

midicon

I can agree with the sentiment and perhaps undeniable truth of your OP but I am curious as to why you would end it with ‘Amazing is the self’...and leave it at that. In fact the OP would stand without that statement.
Indeed you could have just said ‘I am amazing’...are you not your self?

Is it not strange that we objectify our selves?
In fact some people even try to find, or lose themselves..!
Isn’t that sad?
Are you and the self mutually exclusive?
And if I ask ‘what is the self’, am I really asking what are you?

You should just have finished with ‘Amazing is the heart’ and I wouldn’t be here!

To answer your concern in a quick manner, yes amazing is the heart! as easy as that.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Hi Ancient Thunder... thanks for replying...I didn’t think you would!
Although you did cop out and dodge my question!
If you write ‘Amazing is the self’ then it’s fair to ask...what is the self?
Or at least...what do you mean by ‘self’ in the context of the OP.

I have seen you write some nice things here on ATS...so I thought I would push you a little!
It is too easy to wax lyrical about the ‘self’ as if somehow it is something separate from us.
We project qualities and attributes on to the self...mysterious, marvellous, timeless etc...
Perhaps never realising we are merely talking about ourselves.

Life is a mystery because there is no depth to us.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

yes its more than fair of you to ask for clarification, its not the first time I have been asked to clarify things I have said or written. I kind of answered it in my own way, the problem is my own lack of words to describe what I mean and at the same time not being able to see in to every bodies mind to see where they are at. So I will give it a go none the less, no I certainly not pointing at my self in a personalized way. Its not a self that is mine or yours but something we all share. That is why I like the heart as its the Centro of everything. The heart is great in the sense is its there to serve everything and that is what makes it awesome. Liked the cop out comment, ha ha, nice to see you have a good sense of humor and spirit.

You should just have finished with ‘Amazing is the heart’ and I wouldn’t be here! maybe that I am happy that you arrived!
best ancientthunder

edit on 3-10-2013 by ancientthunder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join