It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO fleet going by today in Raleigh, NC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
alright so I was having a yard sale today and while waiting for people to come i kept staring in the sky, at one point while looking I seen a bunch of UFO's just flying by, about 6 of them (photo of the 6 below) were all grouped together and a few were not grouped. I have no idea what the hell they were but they were going kind of slow and going east of how I was standing in front of my house. Did anyone else happen to see it as well?

Oh and they weren't birds before anyone says "just birds"
edit on 9/28/2013 by neobludragon because: added a picture

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

Interesting, I zoomed in on the first one and it looked as if it were a person on there back with one knee bent

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's hard to tell what I'm looking at. Are the six objects all together in one bunch?

If so, could they have been a bunch of balloons?

edit on 9/28/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

its not just 1, its like 6 small black things that were grouped together, and a few weren't grouped like that as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

definitely weren't balloons, I kept seeing them flashing white lights.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh and I forgot to mention, before those came out I noticed the black birds where I lived were flying towards where these things came from. I mean like at least 40 of them in one flock. It was very strange.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

neobludragon

I love it when someone says "definitely", even when the image they post contradicts their "definite" claim.

The images look exactly like a bundle of balloons. And the ones that were not grouped were the balloons that broke away from the bundle. Happens almost every single time a bundle of balloons is released.

As far as flashing white lights, since the bundle is tumbling/turning through the air, those flashes you saw were probably the sun reflecting off of the surfaces of the balloons.

As usual, no UFO here.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Then why wouldn't they go up if it were balloons? there was no wind to make them go the way they were going.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It looks like a bunch of balloons that are tied together floating away to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Like these "not balloon?"

Those "not balloons" that the Discovery Channel crew had released?

edit on 9/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

nope thats not what I saw nor does that even remotely look like the picture I posted.

link   
Perhaps someone lost their balloons at the World of Bluegrass festival in Raleigh ....just a thought

‘World of Bluegrass’ hits a grand slam in its first year in Raleigh

link   

nor does that even remotely look like the picture I posted.

I disagree.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Nah they didn't come from where that was taking place.

Also, If I woulda shot video you'd agree with me they weren't balloons, but I guess a picture isn't gonna do its justice.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Did you check the direction of the wind?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

neobludragon
Then why wouldn't they go up if it were balloons? there was no wind to make them go the way they were going.

Most latex/birthday party-type balloons start deflating the moment you fill them because latex is porous. When you let a balloon or bundle of balloons go, it will only reach a certain altitude before enough helium has leaked out that the balloons will slowly start falling back to the ground.

Because this is a slow process, the balloons can travel for many miles without losing much altitude, giving the impression that the balloons are not rising or falling.

As far as wind, there's always wind blowing aloft in the sky, regardless if there's wind on the ground or not. It takes very little wind to move a helium-filled balloon.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

neobludragon
Also, If I woulda shot video you'd agree with me they weren't balloons, but I guess a picture isn't gonna do its justice.

The pictures do the balloons justice just fine. I have a large monitor, so it's easy to see individual balloons in the bundle. Not to mention, just the two images you posted show that the bundle of balloons have changed their rotation as a whole, further indicating they are balloons.

The only thing a video would show is even more definitively that they are balloons based on what they look like, and how they're traveling through the air.

In other words, no video is necessary for this one.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

neobludragon

I love it when someone says "definitely", even when the image they post contradicts their "definite" claim.

The images look exactly like a bundle of balloons. And the ones that were not grouped were the balloons that broke away from the bundle. Happens almost every single time a bundle of balloons is released.

As far as flashing white lights, since the bundle is tumbling/turning through the air, those flashes you saw were probably the sun reflecting off of the surfaces of the balloons.

As usual, no UFO here.

There is always at least one of you in every thread, are you guys part of a negativity club or what. Honestly why do you bother, just go somewhere and talk about something you do believe in, it makes no sense unless conflict is your intention in the first place.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

There is always at least one of you in every thread, are you guys part of a negativity club or what. Honestly why do you bother, just go somewhere and talk about something you do believe in, it makes no sense unless conflict is your intention in the first place.

The Bot

Are you saying that if members "don't believe in UFO's" (You'll find most do!)....then they have no business posting in these threads?

Are we just to blindly believe that a picture which almost certainly is of balloons is actually an alien craft, and if we don't believe than we are being negative?......how bizarre

What do you think the pictures show?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Either way IT was a ufo, but now its an IFO. So it was definitely placed in the right forum. I don't go out too much so I am sorry I didn't know they were balloons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join