It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the IRS about to become the most powerful agency in Government?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by corvuscorrax

Well, it's not JUST about paying our taxes. That's bad enough. This is a NEW tax that isn't wanted and now, as the OP suggests, THE most powerful government agency that exists has been put in charge of its execution. So it's not just that we already keep getting hammered from every angle by the government (local, state and federal) trying to take away our money, now they have a new direction they'll be coming from. I'm not laughing at all.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

CoherentlyConfused

Well, it's not JUST about paying our taxes. That's bad enough. This is a NEW tax that isn't wanted and now, as the OP suggests, THE most powerful government agency that exists has been put in charge of its execution. So it's not just that we already keep getting hammered from every angle by the government (local, state and federal) trying to take away our money, now they have a new direction they'll be coming from. I'm not laughing at all.

I understand where you're coming from. Thank you for some clarification. I still have the perspective that we as a country are just reaping what was sewn at this stage of the game.

I will admit that in many ways this pleases me greatly. I'm not your typical person when it comes to being outraged by government overreach.
edit on 27-9-2013 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Wait a minute. Did you just say it pleases you, that people may lose their homes over the new healthcare act? That's what it sounded like to me. Your sense of humor, leaves much to be desired.

Des

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

corvuscorrax

CoherentlyConfused

So now people who couldn't afford health insurance will be forced to do so, and if they don't, they will have to pay a fine (tax, fee, whatever). And if they can't pay that, interest and penalties will just pile exponentially on top of it until the IRS seizes everything you have. And it will happen-- not due to willful non-compliance but because people are BROKE in this country.

And you're okay with all that just because your mom works for the IRS?
edit on 27-9-2013 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

No, I'm okay with that because this country has allowed the tendrils of big government to permeate it without so much as a complaint. When these things begin to happen, know that it has been a long time coming and still no one did anything about it.

I look at it as poetic justice.

edit on 27-9-2013 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

Translation:

I look at it as poetic justice.

not to mention money in the bank
must be nice being in a gangsta family

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The ACA, specifically the Individual Mandate, is going to place me in an "interesting" position.

I will not submit any information to the IRS concerning anything other than that which I've submitted since I started having income to tax, no matter what the liar in the white house or the idiot chief justice says.

I will not confirm, deny , explain or elaborate to the IRS or any other government agency my health insurance status and particulars. I will not pay any penalty, no matter how much the deluded mouth-breather Roberts has imagined it to be a "tax".

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This has been in the planning for 100 years + ! Unfortunately it will live or die with our children or grandchildren to END this. I can't hep but cry how we have become ill to their evils! Educated -educate the youth of the real picture. I did a speech on this issue back in 2009-many eyes-ears are opening it is a start!

Blessing Trinity

Tax History-Power how to reverse it with logic and power of "US" we have to go back to go forward look at the amendments. That is the clue.

www.tax-power.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The IRS, which has already shown they operate under a biased mindset and DO NOT TREAT PEOPLE EQUALLY, is going to control your health. What happens whey they don't like you're mindset? You think you'll have more paperwork and more hurdles to get your healthcare approved?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become prey to the active. The condition upon which God has given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt.
John Philpot Curran, 1790

Same as it ever was
David Byrne, et al.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Folks, last year, you already told the IRS what YOU pay for health insurance. Bet you did not know that. Look at box 12 DD. That is the cost of our insurance. They did not even need a law to secure it from your employer or you. They just took it.

Now, when you cannot pay your 'fine' from the PPACA, you will have to forfeit your tax return. They can do it. They can stop that check. The IRS can take over your bank accounts. Your lifeblood. Your money.

If you decide to take your pay out of Direct Deposit they will come to your homes. Locked and loaded. They have the manpower, the weapons and the vehicles.

Based on the PPACA, they have many ways and reasons that they can use and will. Your child misses school. Someone in your home was in the military. Someone is on assistance. Realize that 45 million people are on assistance, the ones who have the least and will give the least but it is about every last dollar.

Very soon, the well will be dry....

We, as a nation, are screwed.

edit on 09pm30pmfu2013-09-27T12:45:46-05:001246 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Are all FBI agents "Special"? Are any ordinary, plain, non-short bus agents? Just wondering.

As Alex Collier's alien friend is said to have remarked, "I still don't understand why you need money to live on the planet you were born on..." thus giving us possible insight into how civilized planets handle things like resources and basic human needs.

While you're all waiting for the soon-to-be residents of Ye Olde FEMA Camp to revolt, or for a critical mass of the population to say Feck It! and quit their jobs to grow veggies in their backyards or other forms of self-supporting, non-taxable income producing hobbies, or take up arms and start watering the Tree of Liberty, may I suggest you go and read up about the Zeitgeist Movement, which actually proposes a way out of this mess, including an interim economic system consisting of full employment at 20 hours a week per person, inexpensive to free education, housing, food, medical care and utilities for all, and more. Technology just may save our butts, if we're smart enough to make use of it properly instead of just designing more and more expensive killing machines and mind control toys with it. Oh, and just imagine if you can create an economy which doesn't waste precious money and resources on such things as advertising (which is creating artificial demands to produce ever-more 'consumers', leading to rapid resource depletion, leading to pollution, etc.) or military might far in excess of 'defense' or poisons disguised as food, or massive houses when a modest one will do fine... I could go on and on.

Here's the Zeitgeist site: www.thezeitgeistmovement.com...

As far as advocating non-violence goes, that's nice but will it work? We're up against psychopaths and sociopaths and they don't play nice, even while they're counting on the sheep to do so.

One last thought: Who will the IRS demand money from, once we're all broke? We're already at probably 10% nationwide foreclosed houses. So many vacant homes they're both a law enforcement and neighborhood nightmare as well as a property tax debacle (you think Bank of America pays taxes on properties it's foreclosed??? Ha!) The spiraling-in effect on local governments is obvious. Will the IRS pay taxes on seized properties? To local government? Or just itself? Who do they think they'll sell the houses to, once they've crushed everyone in sight?

Sometimes I think the plan is to give all the property to China; they already bought a lot of it in mortgage backed securities, and were bribed/paid back in 2008 to shut up when they realized the MBS's were fraudulent. Now what? Where does this plan end?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The IRS will NEVER become the most powerful anency in the government, but since they are part of the federal department of offices, they will be around.

The federal government controls 99.9% of the USA. They are the ones who control the flow of cash, the IRS is just a collector of the money from business' and persons.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The IRS does not demand the money...they take it. Each week in your check. If you want to work you are going to pay. Business are immediately taxed and pay the IRS.

So, if and when they want more they do not give back YOUR money that they have been holding and collecting interest on with other assets.

Also, that Zeitgeist, sounds a lot like the EU which the US wants us to adhere to also.

EBT is next. 3 months of no EBT and the country tanks with 50 million on support.

It is all about control.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join