It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Paulides Contiguous Q & A Posts Archive RE: Big Foot & National Park Disappearances

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
DAVID PAULIDES

CONTIGUOUS Q&A POSTS ONLY--ARCHIVE RE:
BIG FOOT & DISAPPEARANCES AMA THREAD

NOTE: IF folks really prefer the Lime Green over the Teal for the answers, PLEASE U2U me and I’ll change the next sequence. To me, the Lime Green is a bit too much IN YOUR FACE.

David Paulides BIO

I think the most important job we have as adults is raising our children. Having a close family bond and helping your kids attain their goals is one of the most rewarding aspects of being a parent. I have been very fortunate in this aspect of my life. I have two kids, a son that is playing D-1 hockey and a daughter that is rowing at the D-1 level. I have been a coach for many years and this has brought more happiness then any other part of my life. Presently, I am a scout in the North American Hockey League.

My education was obtained at the University of San Francisco where I received my graduate and under graduate degrees. I had always wanted to work in law enforcement and be a police officer, in 1977 I joined a small municipality in the San Francisco Bay Area, in 1980 I transferred to San Jose police where I finished out my twenty years. I was lucky to have worked many premier assignments including street crimes (street decoy work), SWAT, Vice and a variety of assignments in the detective division.

Prior to leaving SJPD I received a job offer in technology making much more money. While working a variety of tech positions, I was tagged as an executive that could flush out businesses, go deep into their background and conduct due diligence in partnership development and acquisitions. In essence, I was using my investigative skills at an entirely different position in life.

I eventually retired and left technology and was approached with an unusual offer, prove the existence of bigfoot. I was given funding to either prove bigfoot was a hoax or prove it was a living biped. After several years of developing a cohesive team, interviewing hundreds of witnesses (Taking witness statements via affidavits), writing two books and obtaining many DNA samples, we launched the largest bigfoot/sasquatch DNA study that has ever been under taken (www.nabigfootsearch.com). Over one hundred samples were tested and Dr. Ketchum’s DNA study was completed. My position on the study, eight PhD’s put their credentials in the public spotlight and assisted in writing the white paper. Thirteen different laboratories tested the samples. Dr. Ketchum did not do the testing; outside labs did the testing and validated the results. In talking to hundreds of people about this project, I am convinced that 99% of the individuals that have issues with the paper have not read it, or don’t understand it. Since the paper was released, many other PhD’s have jumped to Dr. Ketchum’s side and supported her work. Please do not listen to rumors or blogs, read the paper your self, and come to your own conclusions without the influence of others. Please read the paper before asking questions as this is a very complex arena that would take me many thousands of words to explain. You can purchase the paper here: www.advancedsciencefoundation.org...#!special-issue/crrc

Four years ago I was in a national park conducting other research and was staying at a room off the park. On one of those nights I had a knock at the door and two off duty national park rangers stated they had information that they wanted me to hear. They explained that they had worked at several parks during their career and had participated in many search and rescues of lost visitors. They explained that they believed there was an inordinate amount of missing people and the park service was not conducting follow-up investigations, wasn’t tracking missing people and didn’t appear to understand the issues behind the disappearances. This event started the project I am working on today, www.canammissing.com. I have written three books (Missing 411) about the research our group has conducted and have filed dozens of freedom of information act (FOIA) requests against the National park Service and other institutions. The most famous FOIA we filed, asking the NPS for statistics and documentation of missing people inside their system. We first asked for data on Yosemite National Park. We were told that they didn’t keep track of missing people, didn’t have a list of names, dates or any numbers regarding how many are still missing. We read this statement in stunned silence. The NPS followed that with essentially the same statement about their entire system, 183 locations. As a published author, I wrote back to NPS explaining who my publisher was, the books I authored and claimed an authors exemption to fees, asking them to collect the data and forward to us. The response, my books were not in enough libraries to qualify for the exemption, something nobody can find as a requirement in any FOIA documentation. The NPS then stated that if I did want a list of missing people from Yosemite, that would cost $34,000, if we wanted the list from their entire system, that would be $1,400,000. Unbelievable!!

We are still hard at work on missing people, specifically people who have vanished in a rural setting. The research has identified 34 clusters of missing people in North America, including Canada. We established list of criteria that cases must meet if they are to be in the study, it’s too extensive to write about here. We are constantly obtaining new cases. I am always asked, “What is causing this,” we don’t know and have never made any innuendo about what may be occurring. We won’t make any statements about what is happening to the missing until we are certain that specific, consistent elements exist that point to a cause, we aren’t there yet. Regarding contacting victims that are found alive, we were advised early in our development by other missing person groups that this would be an inappropriate practice. Some people may talk, later see their story in print and feel that they were victimized a second time. We are VERY sensitive to the victims and their families and would never want to do anything to cause them further anxiety. If they initiate the conduct, we would gladly speak with them.

In the summer of 2012 I was asked to be a speaker of the NASAR (National Association for Search and Rescue) conference in South Lake Tahoe, one of the largest search and rescue conferences in the world. Our findings were presented to a packed room. Dozens of professionals approached me after the presentation and stated that what I had presented was known by the majority of the senior SAR personnel but that most don’t wish to discuss it. They stated that it is staggering the number of people that simply vanish in the wilds of North America.
This is where my investigative heart and sole is today.

Ask Me Anything!

Dave Paulides
www.canammissing.com
Missing 411-North America and Beyond
Missing 411- Eastern United States
Missing 411- Western United States

**************************************************************************************************************************************
admin note: This is the "real" David Paulides and he is our invited guest, please show him the respect civility he deserves for his gracious generosity with his time to answer our questions. Please also limit your questions to 1 per post if possible, give your fellow members a chance to get their questions answered too.

Enjoy!

PLEASE

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
PLEASE AVOID REPLYING TO POSTS ON THIS THREAD UNTIL I’ve noted that I’ve posted the last post of David’s from the AMA thread.

= = =
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:19

link

reply to post by starwarsisreal

01. Do you think BigFoot is an Extraterrestrial?

Great question, no idea....

= = =

reply to post by Logarock

02. Have heard you on CtoC. Good to have you.

Yes, been on 6X.

= = =

02. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:22

03. reply to post by starfoxxx

03. Mr.Paulides, do some of the missing people happen to be from cannibals?

We have no idea...

= = = =

04. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:24

04. reply to post by Logarock

04. Are you familiar with Ed and Lorain Warrens investigation and conclusion of some wilderness "monster" sites?

If you didn't believe in a paranormal reality before you started investigation do you now?

04. No[t] familiar with the Warrens.

I will say that the people I work with have an open mind and are not closed to listening to anything, and we've heard many, many theories. Once you start to close your mind to new ideas, you are no longer open to new possibilities, you are merely following your own agenda.

= = =

05. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:26

05. reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

05. Thanks for coming aboard. You must by now have a working theory...can you share it with us?

05. If we had a working theory, we would tell the public. We are open to ideas and theories and I can say that in four years we have heard dozens. This is a complex equation with no easy answers.

= = =

06. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:30

06. reply to post by rimjaja

06. I've heard you on coast to coast radio and you have put together an incredible amount of information. You definitely have my interest piqued! In fact, I am looking forward to buying your books, I've just been keeping an eye out for some used copies since they are pricey.

I get the distinct impression that you have moved away from the theory that bigfoot is the cause of these disappearances. However, the accounts are incredibly disturbing, and some of them have implausible acts (like small children being found miles away over impossible terrain in mere hours). What I would love to know is what is your current best theory as to what has been going on?

06. First, some people have been selling our books on Amazon at double the price we sell them on our site: www.canammissing.com, each book is $24.95, used books on Amazon are double that price.

I have no idea where you heard that we believed bigfoot was causing the disappearances. We have NEVER stated this in any book or any interview, ever. WE have NEVER made any statement about what we believe is happening because we aren't sure. When researchers make baseless claims, they have lost their credibility, you won't see us doing this

= = =

07. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:31

07. reply to post by _BoneZ_

07. I appreciate your background and position. However, I have a problem with this part:

07. You can purchase the paper here:

If you have forensic and scientific evidence that proves whether "bigfoot" is real or not, that paper should be made freely available to the public. That is also the point that I stop reading. It would appear that this is some sort of advertising, money-making venture.

07. **WE have no connection to the paper, it is owned by the journal that approves it, this is the standard practice for EVERY journal in the world. They own the paper, they make their money from selling the paper, standard practice.

= = = =

08. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:33

08. reply to post by DrumsRfun

08. I am a tad flipped out so far at reading this.
I spend ALOT of time in the Canadian wilderness (hunting this weekend)

I was just telling someone yesterday about what the feeling of spending a few nights ALONE in the woods felt like.....now you are scaring me.
LOL

08 QUESTION: Can you tell me where these fellow Canadians went missing??
Some more details maybe??

08. I have written about dozens from all provinces, all under highly unusual conditions. It would take me 30 minutes just to write all the names and location.
The most recent additions are in "Missing 411-North America and Beyond."

Thanks for the questions.

= = =

09. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:34

09. reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Has any of your research ever covered other mysterious creatures that may or may not exist such as the "Moth-Man" or any other examples you can think of and how do they relate to BigFoot.

09. NO

END OF FIRST PAGE OF Q&A WITH DAVID PAULIDES

= = =

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
= = =
PAGE 2 OF DAVID PAULIDES AMA THREAD ON ATS

10. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:35

10. reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

10. I just have one question regarding your research of BigFoot.

I was given funding to either prove bigfoot was a hoax or prove it was a living biped.

10. After doing all that research...what is your stance? Hoax or living thing ?

10. 100%- living thing.

= = =

11. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:38

11. reply to post by dellmonty

11. After reading your entire post; I would consider with high regards human trafficking,especially out west were mexico is easy access.You should look into the videos on youtube in relation to illegal border crossings and routes they take.they are mountain trails and well hidden tunnels,it is not impossible to move people in or even out of the country.and if you have ever been to mexico,south america beyond,then I need say no more.

11. **I've done dozens of interviews where the host has read the books, not one has ever read the books and believed this was a possibility. The facts behind the disappearances makes this a non issue. We are former law enforcement working with former law enforcement, the factors we look for, the locations, the statements of witnesses, the elements that must exist to be included in the study exclude this possibility.
Thanks for the question.

= = =

12. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:42

12. reply to post by 200Plus

12. I am curious as to the requirements to be one of your missing (for lack of a better term).

I would assume circumstances of disappearance would play a major role, but do you have a "length of time" missing as well?

I have spent many, many days in the wilds and nature has no pity. I would assume inexperience and mischance leads to a great deal of missing people in state/federal parks.

12. Is there something about the missing you write about that makes you focus on them?

12. **There are 9 elements that exist. We have researched many cases where the missing is one of the most experienced, educated outdoorsman in the province/state. There have been many cases where these experienced outdoorsman have vanished under the most strange circumstances imaginable. After reading several thousand missing person reports, you tend to get a feeling early on if its a case that would be included in the study. Some of the elements:
Unusual distance traveled from point last seen
Traveling uphill an unreal amount from the point last seen
If person is found, they don't remember what happened or how they got lost
etc, etc.

= = =

13. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:45

13. reply to post by Freezer

13. Just wanted to say, I really enjoyed listening to you on coast to coast, multiple times. I love camping in wilderness in remote locations, and you have made me more cautious.

13. My question would be, have you ever had a professional remote viewer do a session on any of these disappearances, and or had one of the returned "missing" persons undergo hypnotic regression?

13. We have requested a government trained remote viewer work with us, we've done this many times. We have never had a RV contact us. If someone knows a retired RV that is willing to work with us, many families would be eternally grateful.

Regarding hypnotic regression, please read my bio.

= = =

14. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:47

14. reply to post by Glassbender777

14. Hey Dave, Ive listened to you on Coast to Coast, one of the best shows ive listened too.
14. So my question is about the young boy who was playing with another couples family, I think it was Hide and Go seek, and the Boy was taken by an Unknown creature in the woods "possibly Bigfoot, and an Army unit showing up. Cant remember the boys name. But do you believe that the Army unit was there as a response to what had been seen in the woods, Or was just a coinsedense. Thanks

14. You are referring to the Dennis Martin disappearance from Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We have received many conflicting stories in relationship to this case. One thing is 100% certain, the National Park Service and the FBI lied to the Martin family about facts related to this case. This statement isn't made lightly or without absolute facts, all completely explained in detail in the book, eastern edition, Missing 411.

= = =

15. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:50

15. reply to post by semperfortis

15. THANK YOU so much for your time and attention here at ATS; we really appreciate it

I am a retired police officer and have developed a curiosity about the wilderness missing. Specifically in the Great Smokies where I spend a great deal of time hiking and exploring.

I have not been able to make any of your conferences, although I do hope to in the future.

Question:

15. Have you done any field work in the GSMNP and if so, may I ask where? Having been a detective for years, I have allowed this now to be my passion as well.

Any information on the GSMNP would be greatly appreciated if you could point me to any literature or studies on that area..

15. **I have been to the park many times. Specifically, spent many hours researching the areas where Dennis Martin, Polly Melton and Trenny Gibson vanished.
Thanks for the question.

= = =

END OF PAGE 2 OF THE AMA THREAD

edit on 26/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
PAGE 3 OF THE AMA THREAD:

16. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:54

16. reply to post by signalfire

16. I guess my question would be, have you any thoughts on why the park service doesn't keep track of missing persons? Seems like it would be their duty to do so, in order to track criminal activity. And those PS employees that came to you, how did they know you were an investigator and what feeling did you get from them about their concerns? Were they implying paranormal activity, or simply negligence on the part of the PS?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

16. I recently met a retired detective from the NPS, a special agent. I posed the same question to him, his quote, "Lack of integrity." I'm not positive how the rangers knew who I was so I won't guess.

I think the rangers believed something unusual was happening and their agency was negligent at many levels. Failing to track, no followup and generally ignoring the situation.
Good question..

= = =

17. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:55

17. reply to post by Rosinitiate

17. My bio has the best summary of our work

= = =

18. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:57

18. reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

18. David, you say that you believe 100% that BigFoot is a living thing

18. Can you please tell us why you believe this by telling us what proof you have seen?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

18. Hair- Under a scanning electron microscope, bigfoot hair looks different then any other hair in the world, that's the testimony of a federally certified hair and fiber examiner.
Tissue and blood, analyzed in the bgft DNA study.
Unique DNA found in the study.

= = =

19. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:04

19. reply to post by Lysergic

19. I had read in this thread that you stated sometimes the people are found with no clue as to what happened or how they got lost, have any of them, to your knowledge undergone any type of hypnosis to perhaps shed some light, and if so, what have they said?

19. Early in our formation, we contacted missing person groups to understand the politics of that arena and ensure we didn't step on the wrong toes. We were told by each group to avoid contacting victims of the missing person experience. If we contacted them, asked about their incident and then wrote about their experience and made money from the story, the people may feel as though they were victimized a second time and view it as exploitation. We will ALWAYS be respectful of the victims and won't reach out in this manner. We would absolutely work with victims if they reached out to us.

= = =

20. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:06

20. reply to post by WanDash

20. Since your current focus is on some that go missing in various national parks (and/or wilderness settings), and your criteria for considering a case for investigation eliminates many (most?) instances – is your goal "to find the missing", or "to explain the commonality"?
Think I'll have to check out your book/s.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

20. Our goal is to understand the issue that is causing these people to vanish, assist SAR teams in setting standards that apply to these disappearances and educating SAR and the public that this issue exists.
Thanks for the question.

= = =

21. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:12

21. reply to post by Zcustosmorum

21. I apologize for being unfamiliar with your work but I think you cover many important fields. In regards to missing persons, I am aware that there is a large break down in the reasons why people go missing and an area in particular I am interested in, is human mutilations and a possible similarity with cattle mutilations (I would recommend Butch Witkowski, if you are unfamiliar with this field), but have you discovered any info on this during your research?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••

21. We work with a set of strict facts, not rumors. We have filed dozens and dozens of Freedom of Information Act requests from various federal institutions and then filed similar requests with dozens of states. When you can't get a standard police report on a case, it makes it quite difficult to validate the event, especially if it has horrific overtones. We know of the work you cite and it does not fit the criteria we have established.

This is not to say that we don't identify coincidences between various study areas, that is important. If you stay in a confined box and are unwilling to look outside, it is doubtful you will ever make progress understanding a complex issue. It's hard to understand what happened in cases in PA that Butch is studying as information on those events and FACtS are slim.

= = =

22. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:13

22. reply to post by Tylerdurden1

22. Thank you for taking the time here, Im sure its going to take a while with all the questions!

My questions are :

22. Have you come across any illegal distilleries? If so, do you think that is related to any of the disappearances?

••••••••••••••••••••••••

22. Never

= = =

23. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:14

23. reply to post by nucleardoom

23. I'd first like to thank you for all the work you've done regarding Bigfoot and missing people.

I've read your Missing 411 books and the info you've uncovered is astounding. I took special heed of your advice on a trip our family took this summer to Glacier National Park.

One thing in particular covered in the books stuck with me coupled with the fact that Glacier is LOADED with huckleberry bushes which made me keep my 9 year old daughter always within sight.

23. I have a question for you regarding Bigfoot. What do you consider the single most compelling piece of evidence to prove the existence of Bigfoot?

Thanks again for all your time & hard work you've devoted to these amazing subjects.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
23. The DNA study.

= = =

END OF PAGE 3 OF THE AMA THREAD

= = =

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
PAGE 4 OF THE AMA THREAD:

24. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:21

24. reply to post by zatara

Greetings from The Netherlands.

24. Do you think there is a connection to the other of tens of thousends of american citizens per year which are disappearing in the USA alone.

Don't you think it is weird that so many people are disappearing in the US compared to other countries in the world?

A person would almost start to think there are proportionally many serial killers in the US and the govt. do not wish to bother them, there is human trafficing going on and the govt. does not want to bother them or people are taken by ET and the US government can not do anything about it.

24. Why do you think the US government isn't alarmed by this many of its citizens disappearing?

Missing persons CNN

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •

24. Regarding the tens of thousands of people missing in the U.S., this is a mixed bag that most do not understand. If a teenager goes missing for 5 hours, is reported to the police, and is found an hour later, that is one of the 10,000, and this is the vast, vast majority of how the numbers are generated. Being a former police officer that worked missing people for a short time in my career, the number looks horrendous but the truth is not explained well.

24. Regarding the numbers of people missing in the U.S. vs other countries, I can say that my mind has changed over the last three years. We have found other countries where this issue with our identified elements exist. Australia is one of the top countries that mimic our issue and disappearances, also England and France have similar disappearances. Some of these cases have been documented in "Missing 411-North America and Beyond."

= = =

25. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:23

25. reply to post by WhiteAlice

25. I noted on your page that you mentioned berries being somehow associated with these cases. Have any of those who have been found had a toxicology run on them? I ask this as a former dual biology/botany major where, in nearly every class that featured some form of plant classification, the professor urged us to use extreme caution in presuming that we had correctly identified a wild species of mushroom or berry. Wondering if the possibility could exist that these berry associations could be an accidental ingestion of a berry with hallucinogenic type of property.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
25. To understand the issue, you must understand the mindset. The SAR teams believe these are merely missing people, nothing more. Once the person is found, bingo, event over, lets go home. These SAR volunteers are GREAT people who do tremendous work, but they are not thinking anything more then FIND the person. If the victim is sick, then maybe they go to the Doctor. There would be zero reason to do a tox screen on someone that is healthy.

Thanks for the question

= = =

26. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:26

26. reply to post by dlbott

26. 4 years is a long time for any study, as such I know you must have charted these missing. can you share this showing what percentages you believe these missing fall in, ie 40% unknown, 20% bigfoot, 10% drug growers, etc. etc. We know you must have this type of info and it would be beneficial to know.

26. How many in percentage of these missing are found?

26. Louisiana has some of the largest virgin forest in the nation, how many missing are there in that area?

26. In all your time investigating have you seen bigfoot yourself, or prints etc.

26. Be interested in knowing your wildest experience in this investigation, there must have been quite a few times when the hair on the back of your neck stood up, lol....

thank you for your time and patience with us....

The Bot

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••
26. All of these cases fall into the unknown, that's why they were documented and researched.

Louisiana is an anomaly, has almost zero disappearances that qualify for the study.

We've had several very, very unusual happenings while in the forest, too lengthy to explain here.

Thanks for the question.

= = =

27. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:27

27. reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

27. Do you think there is a real possibility the occult is responsible for some of the disappearances?

I sure do.
27. We don't think the occult is responsible for any of the disappearances we have documented.

= = = =

28. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:47

28. reply to post by jasmine23

28. Hello Mr. Paulides, in your DNA study of Big Foot did you find evidence of human DNA. Also have you had any dealings with missing people in Nome Alaska which also has a high number of missing people and the FBI has been there on numerous occasions
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

28. We've written about many disappearances in Alaska, but the Nome disappearances don't qualify, and, again we deal in strict facts, not rumors, not conjecture. If there isn't an official report about a disappearance and there is just rumor in a community, no we won't investigate.

28. We have actually investigated double disappearances in Alaska, when two people in the same family disappear at different times in different areas and are never found, the Palmer brothers are prime examples. One brother disappears riding his bike back from a party, another disappears on his snow mobile under very, very odd circumstances.

= = =
29. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:53

29. reply to post by trollz

29. First, thanks for coming here to ATS. I was very excited to see your name come up.

As for my question, I'm not sure if this has been asked . . . .
29. During your research into missing people, have you ever been "discouraged" (or even threatened) from finding or sharing any information that you feel may have been in relation to Sasquatches (or anything else)?
I guess what I am wondering is if you ever came to the conclusion that someone in a position of power knows about these creatures and/or disappearances in general and is trying to keep that information on the down-low.

29. A second question is, have you ever experienced anything you could consider paranormal or odd during your investigations? Strange sightings, being watched or followed, etc etc?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••

29. I have been threatened, a death threat when I wrote my second book on bigfoot. Someone sent me an email stating they were going to kill me at a conference, because, I was proving a point that bgft was human based. The police got involved, tracked the guys computer and surprised him at his house. The threat was "all a joke" in his words.

29. One of the stranger things that's happened to me and another researcher was when we were deep in the woods when we both looked at each other and realized everythi

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
PAGE 5 OF DAVID PAULIDES AMA THREAD ON ATS:

30. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:59

30. reply to post by Advantage

30. Have you worked with Eqqusearch or any members doing some work on the side from Eqqusearch? Being involved in 2 missing and endangered persons events in the Midwest relatively recently and speaking with a particular member of Eqqusearch during that time, Id commented for as many missing people as we have ( adult and children) in that particular county, we should be tripping over bodies walking around the grid. This is what I find interesting.. no waste, bodies, or evidence of "Bigfoot" nor any evidence of common habitat that a group of as yet to be identified animals/humans would obviously leave behind. Where are these "materials" hiding? This is not the movies and it is exceedingly difficult to hide some 2,300 bodies and biological materials of missing people reported a DAY in the US. Add to that the concentration areas of missing... and tripping over bodies isnt much of an exaggeration. If youre familiar with Eqqusearch and the things they have at their disposal.. and the expertise/equipment... it does add to the side of something pretty odd happening when no traces are found for so so many missing. Trafficking, murder, cannibals, running upon a meth lab.... that just doesnt cover the amount of missing and presumed dead.. or the victimology of all of those who are missing. There is no common thread that I have seen presented that really explains this.
Let me ask you this.. have you personally thought out of the box concerning the victimology? Going beyond the lifestyle, psychology, etc? Perhaps something physical or biological or hereditary? Or is the data you are privy to pointing more to no common thread at all?

30. My personal stake in this is a missing family member in Montana. I am not, but she was rez born so it wasnt really taken seriously by LEO in the area... and tribal cops only have so much they can do when its off rez... IF it was in fact off rez.Ive learned that witness testimony is more times than not.. simple fantasy. It was easy to write her off as being abducted and murdered by a guy she met in a bar. It very well could be that is the case in her disappearance, but it has piqued my interest in more " out of the box" ideas concerning these disappearances of so many others with no trace. I was open to any and even some crazy explanations concerning the incredible amount of missing in certain areas. Id love to hear the real ideas you personally have without the canned and vague responses you seem to be giving here There are many closed minded folks here, but youre in a place where the open minded and intensely curious are watching...
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••

30. I do know of Equusearch, they are a quality group!!

30. The response from the vast majority of law enforcement to missing person cases is not understood by the majority of the public. Most detectives working this position don't want to be there. They get very grated by investigating dozens of cases and then the victim walks in the door stating they just wanted to drop out of society, no crime there and hundreds of investigative hours wasted, happens over and over. When they finally get a quality missing case, some may not recognize it. Most of these old time investigators are not open to new ideas or theories, therein lies a big issue.

= = =

31. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:00

31. reply to post by PredatorX

31. I heard an interview with you a while ago on C2C and this was the first time I have heard about these disappearances.
One case in particular was very interesting where a body was found with pretty much every bone in his body broken without any sign of animal markings/scratches, however the body was found close to a cliff face but out of the calculated area if one where to have fallen or even thrown off.

31. Was there ever an outcome of this or more curious cases such as this?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

31. When law enforcement can't answer the question, in most cases they move on, there is another case waiting. I don't think anything was ever resolved in the case you refer.

= = =

TO BE CONTINUED NEXT POST

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
= = =

32. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:06

32. reply to post by WhiteAlice

32. I could totally see that as how it would be played out as they would treat it as an individual event instead of as part of a pattern. The other thing that I found interesting was the issues with the dogs, including cadaver dogs. I think my own former research may actually collide with yours. I lived on the Navajo reservation for nearly a decade and, while I was there, I collected information, in particular firsthand accounts, about a particular subculture of the Navajo. For good reasons, I generally avoid discussing this particular subject. However, there is something that really piqued my interest and that is the issue with dogs being unable to track scent.

32. The one tidbit that I find may apply to the dog issue is that I uncovered multiple similarities between reports of Navajo skinwalkers (not the werewolf but the actuality of an animal emulating shaman) and reports of feral children. Both are reported as having very distinct body odors comparable to the smell of rotting meat. Additionally this peculiarly strong odor is enough to basically disturb a dog's keen nose. Even the bravest of guard dogs turn into frightened puppies on the Navajo reservation when one of these "wild" people come around. It's a very overwhelming scent. If I recall correctly, there is also a distinct foul odor associated with bigfoot as well, is there not?

32. My thought is, if you have something coming into the vicinity and a victim being taken by such an individual (feral) or living creature that would omit a very powerful odor, then it would potentially wreak havoc with a search dog's ability to track the missing's scent as there would be two competing scents and one that is infinitely stronger than the other.

32. To be clear to avoid any potential misunderstandings--not saying Navajo skinwalkers are responsible but noting this particular attribute being strongly associated with "wild men" of every culture. Even the use of berries could have a corollary in making the victim more malleable.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••

32. I have heard witnesses state that foul odors were associated with bgft.

32. As far as canines tracking feral people. I can remember when I was a police officer on the SWAT team we were tracking a homeless man that had shot someone. We were in a railroad yard and the dogs were on the guy and the odor was horrendous, worse then horrendous. The dogs eventually cornered the guy and we took him to jail. Three of us had to strip search him, the absolute worst strip search I've ever been involved. This guy had defecated on himself multiple times over several days, maybe weeks. In short, if the canines could track this guy under the gross conditions that existed, I think they would track any feral human. IMHO....

= = =

33. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:09

33. reply to post by Jobeycool

33. Has anyone who has been found ever claimed to have been abducted by aliens and then dropped off in different spots in the mountain or woods and have they ever claimed they have missing time?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

33. The only case like this is that I'm aware of is the same case that everyone knows, Travis Walton.

= = =

34. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:11

34. reply to post by Guyfriday

Question:
The disappearances of people in our National Parks,
34. Had there been any research in this event here in the US and the Aokigahara (Sea of Trees) in Japan to see if there are any similarities? (people compelled, or choosing to go into the forest to take their life)

Back to the issue of Big Foot,
34. In the past there have been claims of so-called "nests" to the best of your knowledge, had there been any serious attempts to flat out locate and track them? (like we do with animals. I've heard about people trying to do this, but sadly they give up after a couple of days or take off when they "encounter" something)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••

34. We know nothing about the Sea of Trees. Remember, research is only as good as the information that is attainable...

34. People have claimed to have found bgft nests.

34. Tracking bgft is worthless. They are much too fast, smart and elusive. There is a reason that nobody has been successful at this.....

= = =

35. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:17

35. reply to post by jasmine23

35. Mr. Paulides you replied to a post stating that the big foot was human based,in a earlier question i asked if you had found human DNA, so in your opinion is big foot part human and part ? also why is there no definite proof of big foot,bodies,bones anything.And do you feel the Patterson film was a hoax

35. DNA shows bgft is a human based biped. You need to read the DNA white paper and understand the issue.

35. No definite proof? What is "proof" to you? That is a slippery slope. I personally put no emphasis in photos of video nowadays. Too much can be photoshopped and manipulated. DNA does not lie, that is why the law allows us to convict people based on a DNA match. Again, you need to get the white paper and read about 100+ DNA samples we accumulated and had tested. Is that proof? Read my bio and understand the effort that went into that project, the number of scientists and labs involved was overwhelming.

= = =

OUT OF CHARACTERS AGAIN. TO BE CONTINUED NEXT POST

edit on 26/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
= = =

36. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:25

36. reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

36. This link has some information about disapearances in California wilderness:
www.weirdus.com...

36. Devil’s Gate Reservoir is in LA; many have completely vanished there, the place where the high level government occultists carried out a lot of magic. These are real portals where evil entities come and go.

36. With all due respect each is entitled to their opinion, and here is mine. With the level of occult dominance in western politics I think this is the true path to the answers. With the power politicians yield it's no coincidence they got people so interested and looking for a "big foot," and UFOs.

36. I think UFOs have a lot to do with military activities. Military activities have had a lot to do with the occult. That link has some interesting information. The sheer and total dismissal of the occult ONLY raises my curiosity WAY more. Thank you.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

36. I respect everyone's opinion, but your opinion is only as valuable as your knowledge base. I have NEVER met onyone who READ the books who had your opinion. I've heard a dozen other opinions, but not that.

36. If you haven't read the books, you are discounting 10,000 hrs of research, 600 documented incidents and elements that don't match your hypothesis. To completely dismiss our research without reading the cases and ignoring the associated elements points to someone who already has their mind made up and is ignoring facts, which is what we research.

36. There is a great quote that someone forwarded to us when someone made a similar comment:

36. "Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."
Frantz Fanon

Thanks for the comment.

= = =

37. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:30

37. reply to post by Blarneystoner

37. It's my understanding that Dr. Melba Ketchum's DNA study concluded that sample(s) came from a "human relative" originating approximately 15,000 years from the hybridization between a human and an unknown primate species.

37 What is your reaction to the allegations that the conclusions drawn by Dr. Melba Ketchum's DNA study on the samples provided were fraudulent or bad science. Is it true that the sample origins were undisclosed? Is it true tha the DNA study was never peer reviewed?

37. Why are you so certain that the DNA study is accurate?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••

37. The people who have questioned the study haven't read the study.....Reason, their analysis and questions are easily answered in the paper.

37. I know where the vast majority of samples were obtained, they are fact!

37. The groups that are critical with the study have other motives, mainly that bgft is an ape or gorilla and not human based, even though every other DNA analysis ever done on a bgft sample has shown human, never, ever ape or gorilla.

37. Dr, Ketchums analysis was supported by numerous other scientists that put their credentials and career on the line. Remember, Dr. Ketchum didn't do the extraction of the DNA , many different labs did this and all came to the same conclusions.......

= = =

END OF PAGE 5 OF DAVID PAULIDES’ AMA THERAD.

I plan to hit the shower next. May not get back to this until tomorrow evening. Sorry.

Thanks for respecting the request to avoid posting until I’ve posted the last Q&A by David.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
PAGE 6 OF DAVID PAULIDES’ AMA THREAD ON ATS:

= = =

38. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:32

38. reply to post by Vasa Croe

38. Question...I would guess that you have also worked on plenty of older, or "cold cases" in this area of research. Has the number of cases that fit your criteria stayed the same over the years on a per year basis or are the significant changes around local/global events or seasonal patterns?

38. Some of our identified cases go back to 1850 and go all the way till today.
There are highs and lows and some years with nothing.

= = =

39. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:36

39. reply to post by Thorneblood

39 Have you taken the various tribal folklore and history into consideration in your studies?

39. Have you also considered the potential implications between your work and the many old stories of people who went into the woods, "disappeared" to another world and returned with little or no knowledge of what happened?

39. A lot of what you have described so far reminds me mostly of our religious and spiritual beliefs about crossing into the spirit world, heaven, paradise, hell, the underworld...some moment of transcendence where we are removed from this world and brought into another. For some its a divine experience, some witness great cities and the ancient past. Among the irish and british legends are tales of going to enchanted galas and wild other lands. Other cultures speak in whispered tones of places of dark, caverns of suffering and pain.

39. What if these stories aren't just tall tales and old myths?

They exist in every culture, as do religious and spiritual leaders or guides. These people would know by training and experience exactly where these spots existed and use them to their advantage, perhaps even warning others never to go there for fear they would be lost.

39. If people are disappearing in the woods as they have been throughout history and myth, then is it not reasonable to assume they are crossing some boundary between one universe and the next?

39. They seem to think they are, we seem to think it's possible, so why not?

39. We think there is great value into looking into Native American history and so-called myths of other cultures.

39. Many of the missing have vanished in areas with "Devil" in its name, coincidence, we don't know.

39. I have written about cultural beliefs that explain disappearances with people and how that parallels many of the missing we have chronicled.

39. No these stories are not myths and tall stories. Many, many of these stories are taken directly from official National Park Police reports and reports from other jurisdictions. Many of the cases have people that are still missing and are on national databases as missing people.

Good question

= = =

40. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:41

40. reply to post by Dianec

40. What makes missing people in the Natioanal forests suspicious is the way they have handled it, and the amount of money they want for a list. That in and of itself is telling. The forest can be disorienting. I know because I have gotten lost. I will have to get your book but from what I'm hearing thus far people have reported lost time. This has been cooroborated by those who have found them unusual distances or under strange circumstances.

40. I hope my questions make sense. I'm confident you have been making charts of similarities, differences, areas, circumstances, etc but mine have to do with statistics. If you haven't gotten there yet with regard to the questions below do you plan to enlist a control group in order to see what happens. It would be unethical to have people get lost so you can study them but I'm sure there would be a way to do this in an ethcial way - if not in a lab environment maybe gathering stories from people who get lost and then analyzing how it affected their perception of time, distance, senses, etc. It becomes difficult when you cannot contact people so I'm thinking you have already begun this alternative process.

40. With regard to those who are missing and then recovered (through their own efforts or by others),

40. have you compiled any statistics (put some numbers into a stats program, etc), to rule out the probability of disorientation, simply getting lost and then finding ones way back, and other such variables? If so, after ruling these factors out what does the bottom line look like? Still highly suspicious is what I'm assuming.

40. For example, if 100 people have been lost but recovered (assuming all have unexplained circumstances involved) one might say 50% could be due to panic or disorientation affecting the mind. I understand this would take a lot of studying of psychological journals to see what's out there on stress and the mind and body but just courious if anything preliminary.

40. For those who have never been found I'm sure rangers chalked it up to death by an animal or exposure, or people wanting to disappear. In these cases same question - what are the chances of this many people disappearing under the circumstances they did (2 brothers but more cases like this as an example).

40. I know these cases are unexplained (those are the ones you are focussing on). I was just wondering what the numbers look like in the end - IE: have ruled all of this out and still.....

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••

40. We are former police officers trained to look for consistent elements that cause linkage amongst incidents, some call this profiling. It is impossible for me to explain in detail how we came to the conclusions we did. Go to Amazon.com and read reviews by other police officers and rangers about our Missing 411 books, they rave about how we have uncovered something that truly exists, something unusual.

40. Kids are found miles and miles beyond what is reasonable. A two year old boy hikes 3000 feet up a steep mountain to be found dead, etc, etc. There are countless cases of truly unusual facts surrounding these cases.

40. There is not ONE case in our books where rangers or law enforcement thought an animal was the cause of the death or missing, if it was, the case was excluded.m Please read my bio.

= = =

OUT OF CHARACTERS.

CONTINUED NEXT POST.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
= = =

41. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:55

41. reply to post by johnb

41. You link to a site that ends its own article with

41. It’s as good an explanation as any other for these tragic, tantalizing events and enigmas.

Weird California

and claim it's fact!

If you want to back up your claim at least link to something that has research and validated data otherwise how can anybody believe your opinion of a fact or not. (trying to help not flame-if that's worth anything)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••

41. Our site links to many articles and blogs. We don't want to push an agenda or a theory and surely don't want to try to brainwash anyone. If there were thoughts or ideas that our webmaster found interesting or thought provoking, we encourage that article to go up.

41. I don't think you will find anything on our site where WE have stated anything is fact, except our bios....

= = =

42. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:59

42. reply to post by Vasa Croe

42. Appreciate the answer....have another question.

42. Are there any cases with multiple people reported as missing at the same time that fit your criteria? Such as a group of campers or hikers? And is there any pattern to the missing at all concerning date/time/year/etc...?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

42. Yes, multiple disappearances simultaneously, documented in all books.

42. Multiple disappearances at different times from the same family, explained in an earlier post, the Palmer brothers missing from Alaska and documented in "Missing 411- North America and Beyond." There are many other multiple disappearances from throughout the U.S. that we document.

42. There are some patterns that we ID in the books. Disappearances have taken place on a fairly regular level since 1850.

= = =

43. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 13:04

43. reply to post by Tardacus

43. My question is:

43. Do you believe that the reason the NPS doesn`t keep record of missing people or even bother to investigate all these missing people is because they already know what is happening to these people and are prohibited from revealing the truth?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••

43. Good question, wish we knew the truth.

43. NPA has a very large contingent of federally trained law enforcement officers that have graduated from the federal law enforcement training center. Their academy is better then most in the U.S, they are highly trained. Try to find one medium sized law enforcement agency anywhere in the U.S. that would publicly state theat they have no idea how many people are missing in their city/county. Most have a website with the missing on their site. A retired special agent from NPS told us that they have a lack of integrity, their statement, not ours. I believe this refers to upper management, not rank and file. There is no logical explanation for not having this information readily available. It is mind boggling...

= = =

END OF PAGE 6 OF THE AMA THREAD

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
PAGE 7 OF THE DAVID PAULIDES’ AMA THREAD ON ATS:

[only 2 of his replies were on this page]

44. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 13:57

44. reply to post by Blarneystoner

44. I think it's interesting that Dr. Melba Ketchum has affiliations to various Bigfoot orgs. Would it be possible to have DNA testing performed by some other lab that doesn't have vested interests in the outcome of the tests?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

44. Please read my bio and earlier posts.

44. I can tell by your question that you haven't read the white paper.
44. Eight different labs with no affiliation to Dr. Ketchum performed the tests, all getting the same result.
44. One lab, the University of TX......

44. No, Dr. Ketchum is not affiliated with any bigfoot organization.
Her name may be on different sites but she has no formal attachment.

44. There are too many rumors around this project that are completely unsubstantiated. Anyone reading this post, understand, unless you've read the paper, the rumors are just that..
44. I have read the paper and can attest to its validity.

= = =

45. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 13:59

45. reply to post by Blarneystoner

45. Of the incidents you have investigated where bgft is alleged to have attacked humans, is there an common denominator to the attacks? Were they provoked in some manner?

45. I'm aware of the account by T. Roosevelt in which a Beaver trapper was killed but I can't find any other reports of a physical attack on humans, adults and children. How do you account for the thousands of sightings in which there was ample opportunity for the creature to attack but never did?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••

45. To the best of my knowledge, myself and our investigators have never researched a case where someone has alleged a bgft has attacked.

= = =

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
PAGE 8 OF THE AMA THREAD

46. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 14:32

46. reply to post by AbleEndangered

46. How are missing people cases in general not connected.

46. I was giving a perfect example of top gov agencies shutting these cases down!

46. Its all connected, and if you say or declare otherwise, ur apart of the program!!

46. I don't understand how you can make a statement like this without reading the research.
46. Certain elements we have identified exist in certain cases, not in others.

46. SAR manuals state that children two years old should be found if they went uphill in 1303 feet or less, in 95% of the incidents. If we have multiple cases where a two year old is found 3000 feet above where they disappeared and in a location where SAR had to get on their hands and knees with ropes to get there, that is a special set of circumstances, a place where most 2 year olds could never travel. If we have a group of cases just like this, that's unusual, not normal, not connected to cases where a child goes missing and is found sleeping in the parents tent.

= = =

47. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 14:35

47. reply to post by Blarneystoner

47. Wouldn't you consider abduction a form of attack? Isn't that exactly what you are claiming? That bgft has abducted or relocated hundreds of people in the wild?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••

47. This is the third time I've been told what we are doing and someone makes a claim that is completely outlandish....

47. WE HAVE NEVER MADE A CLAIM THAT BIGFOOT is involved in any abduction. No place, nowhere!

47. Kidnapping and abduction are the same crime, in essence.

47. An attack on someone usually involves and assault and battery, in law enforcement terms.

= = =

48. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 14:37

48. reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

48. I am a big fan or your work! I have a copy of both your 411 Eastern and Western (signed by yours truly ) and consider them to be very important pieces of compiled information in regards to missing people in the wilderness.

48. I have two questions, if permitting.

48. 1. What is your personal theory or belief as to what happened to the majority of these missing people?

48. 2. Is there any way to view or access a more detailed version of the map found in the beginning of 411 Eastern and Western? I find them very hard to make out on both copies as well as my friends.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

48. A detailed map is on our website:

www.canammissing.com...

48. We don't have a working theory as to what is happening.

= = =

49. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 14:41

49. reply to post by Dianec

49. Yes - I read through your bio as well as the whole thread before asking my question. Perhaps the stats answers are within the research. It's interesting stuff. I'm from a family of police officers and firefighters from San Francisco as well as a scientific thinker when it comes to things like this. It is evident you would be as well given your background. I am sure you all put a lot of research into this before asserting most is unexplained. I will look more deeply into the literature to answer my question since I think it was likely too much to ask for a forum like this - or asked in the wrong way.

49. I will say that I have had 2 year old children hike more than 3/4 of a mile up mountainsides with me (steep hiking); so more than 3000 feet. They had more energy than I did overall but would sometimes get cranky and want to be carried a ways. Water was a big factor - having to be prompted to drink. Going up is easier on steep slopes than going down in my experience with little ones. They fall more going downhill. I don't know if that helps but it has been my experience on several occations - it's possible.

49. I'm not at all doubting your research by the way. It has actually peaked my interests. I believe in things unseen and have a very open mind. I have access to some university libraries so will find more there. In the meantime thanks for sharing on this topic. I hope you find the answer one day.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

49. We do have something in common, my dad is a retired SF firefighter and my cousin is a firefighter paramedic Captain there now...

= = =

50. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 14:42

50. reply to post by sonnny1

50. One more question.

50. Has anyone from the Park Services been willing to help you in ways that their organization hasn't?

50. Someone that is willing to get the truth out there, regardless of the cost to their job?

50. We met one retired Special Agent that gave us great insight that we never had before. As well as someone there now, no, other then the people who gave me the original info.

= = =

51. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 14:43

51. reply to post by Pinkorchid

51. I came across your work while surfing the net and I was shocked at the response you received from the Forrest Service.

51. Why do you believe they reacted that way , surely they would be behind it 100% as the information is out there now and it would serve their interest to at least appear to be doing something about it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

51. I believe the rank and file are behind us 100%, it's the absolute upper crust that have issues of concealment and secrecy.

= = =

END OF PAGE 8 ON THE AMA THREAD.

edit on 27/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: spacing

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
PAGE 9 OF THE AMA THREAD:

There are no replies by David Paulides on page 9.

PAGE 10'S REPLIES ARE HERE:

= = =

PAGE 10 OF THE AMA THREAD:

52. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 16:23

52. reply to post by ArcAngel

52. Thank you very much for doing this. I have read both books and am appreciative that you state the facts and let the reader speculate for themselves. The data presented is concise and well laid out.

52. A quick question to you: What would be your advice (with the knowledge you currently have) to your loved ones if they were going hiking in a remote area?

Thanks again for your strength of conviction!

Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.

52.0 Our recommendations:

52.1 Always hike with a partner.

52.2 Purchase a personal locator/transponder. They range from $100-$500

52.3 If you are lost, hit the transponder and your message is routed to the closest law enforcement agency

52.4 Lastly, we recommend always carrying a firearm. Get trained by a professional, get comfortable with the gun.

Good questions..

= = =

END OF PAGE 10 OF THE AMA THREAD

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
PAGE 11 OF THE AMA THREAD:

53. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 16:25

53. reply to post by SmartmuhahaXD

53. Can you tell us more about the DNA study and how the Bigfoot DNA resembled our own or are there common link between the Human DNA and the Bigfoot DNA ?

53. There is much about the study and the background at
www.nabigfootsearch.com...

53. I could write on this topic for hours.

53. Refer to my bio for the location to purchase the DNA study.

53. Don't believe bloggers, read it for yourself.

Thanks for the question.

= = =

54. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 16:28

54. reply to post by Pinkorchid

54. I remember a story of a young boy, who went missing for over 5 hrs. and he told his parents that the thing that took him looked exactly like his own mum , but different and that he didn't like her as much as his own mum. He also stated that they wanted him to produce excrement on a piece of some sort of paper.

54.1. Have there been may reports like the above?

54.2 Do you believe the children's stories that have been returned ?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••

54. The story you refer to is in "Missing 411-North America and Beyond"-
www.canammissing.com...

54. Children have an innocence about them that when uncorrupted, they are brutally honest.

= = =

55. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 16:35

55. reply to post by Blarneystoner

55. I remain skeptical... too many unanswered questions. The DNA evidence is sketchy at best and a possible conflict of interest on Ketchum's part.

55. It seems obvious to me that David is alluding to the possibilty that the abductions he's investigating were perpetrated by "wild men" or "bigfoot". Am I the only one who sees this? And yes... I would call being carried off by a giant ape-man an attack... geeze.

55. Still no reponse from David as to why the paper was only published in one journal and is that jounal's only publication. Which, btw was only founded 9 days before the paper was published. Yet, David is convinced that the conclusions drawn by Ketchum are valid.

55. I respect David for taking the time to come and answer questions. With that said, I think it's only normal for someone to ask the tough questions which surround the controversial research and conclusions which are drawn.

55. Deny ignorance... unless you're star struck?

55. I can understand why so many are disturbed by the findings. The conclusions drawn by Ketchum say that these wild men or BGFTs are human/primate hybrids originated 15,000 years ago. That seems pretty far fetched, even to a layman.

55. It's a shame that the paper was never properly peer reviewed and if it was, why was it rejected?

55. Those questions have not been answered yet.

[Bo Xian: Please excuse my editorial GRRRRR to the above. The PTB in the religion of scientism do NOT allow dissent. Sheesh Sigh. Star struck? Not a bit. Jealousy?]

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

55.All of your questions are answered on this site:

www.bf-field-journal.blogspot.com...

55. Scott puts the study into terms that everyone can understand.

55. Scott and I were privy to the communications between journals and Dr. Ketchum. Some journals are obviously corrupt and work within a process that is slanted. They posed questions to her that were in the paper and blatantly obvious. The results of the study change the way the world views many aspects of humanity. Read Scotts site, look at August and September, all of the answers are there and factual.

55. You can take punches at me, that's ok, but again, until you read the paper, I'm not insulted...

55. Dave is alluding that a bgft is abducting people, where is that fantasy coming from?

55. Please, lets be grounded in our responses.....

55. I've stated on this site 4X that there is NOWHERE you can find this....nowhere have our investigators pointed a finger at bgft as a culprit. If someone has an agenda and believes that, I won't hinder their beliefs, but please don't pull us into your justifications...

Thanks for the question.

= = =

56. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 16:37

56. reply to post by defcon5

56. First, I'd like to take a moment to thank David Paulides for taking the time to talk with us.

56. I find the topic to be highly interesting, and one of the better “conspiracies” that I have ever come across.

56. While most people read these disappearances and immediately think of something paranormal, or some type of human involvement (occult, serial killers, etc), I have a different take on it. When the majority of folks think of dangerous wild animals in US forests, bears come to mind immediately. However, they are not the only predators in our national parks. So with that in mind, what type of animal is capable of snatching someone in a stealthy manner, often right under others noses, then carry them a great distance, often up mountains, very quickly, and dogs would be unwilling to pursue them?

56. The first one that comes to my mind is mountain lions. For those who don't know, mountain lion (and other big cat) urine is used to repel other animals, and that scent can also spook a dog. Additionally, with the US forest service being very protective of their numbers, they would be hushed about publicizing human attacks.

56. Have mountain lions been looked into, and is there anything to eliminate them as the possible candidate in many of these disappearances?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••

56.1. SAR team and trackers have eliminated Mtn lions and all other predators from the list of possible reasons for these disappearances.

56.2 Some canines have actually been trained to track down mtn lions...

= = =

57. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 16:40

57. reply to post by WhiteAlice

57. Here's my assessment of what was on your site:

57. 1. You were involved in a BGFT investigation which placed you into a position where you were at National Parks.

57. 2. Incidentally, while you were at those parks, 2 NPS approached you to inform you of another problem occurring at those same parks.

57. 3. Ergo, the BGFT investigation was relevant to the missing persons issues within the parks only in that that is why you were there and why you were approached as you were a former LEO with an interest in curious matters. Outside of that, the two issues should be construed as unrelated.

57. I personally admire the fact that you have not attempted to produce any particular theory as to what is happening to these people. You seem to be merely providing the facts in regards to a pattern that seems to exist with a portion of people that go missing in rural or wildlife areas. The moment a theory gets attached to that, the focus becomes the theory and not the evidence of an issue presented in the pattern of the evidence, itself.

57. Would this be a correct assessment?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••

57.0 Your assessment is incorrect on multiple fronts.

57.1 Yes, we are reporting just facts

edit on 27/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
PAGE 11 CONTINUED:

= = =

= = =

58. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 16:51

58. reply to post by JohnPhoenix

58. This thread ticks me off.

58. David keeps blasting people about not reading the white paper - But.. this would mean everyone would have to BUY the journal article. ( not just read the abstract)

58. Look, tons of people on ATS aren't going to do that. David IMO would have been more prudent if he posted a detailed outline of the entire white paper with all the pertinent details to this thread highlighted.

58. Otherwise, it looks like David is selling journal articles for the company that holds them.

58. If I had the money, I'd buy the paper and post it for Free for all ATS to view - thats what someone should have done. IMO it's what David should have done instead of asking all of us to go buy an article.

58. Authors on ATS cant sell/push their books.. (it's against the ATS rules) so how can David push this white paper. Something is very wrong in Kansas.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••

58.1. If I start quoting the white paper, it is so complex and integrated, Id probably be violating the copyright. People on this site have paid more money for some books then the cost of the white paper. I have ZERO relationship with the paper at this point and have already been told by the moderator that my beginning bio and explanations was too long....

58.2 Regarding writing a a detailed explanation of the paper, please read past posts. For the complete understanding and explanation to:bf-field-journal.blogspot.com...

58.3 Scott Carpenter has invested the time in a basic explanation of the paper, why some journals are in conflict and why there is such a dialogue about a paper written by multiple Phd's and multiple labs.

58.4 People are blasting me, why?? I am merely stating my beliefs. Others on this site are blasting me for not stating my beliefs enough. I'm really confused.....Again, until you've read the paper, you are truly not informed..

All the best.

= = =

59. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 16:54

59. reply to post by NewtonDKC

59. Hi David and thanks for sharing your time with us! I have listened to you on several outlets (Coast 2 Coast, etc) and am absolutely riveted - and quite disturbed - by the while missing persons issue. Not the least of which is the seeming lack of concern and near contributing-to-whatever is happening by the park officials and others!

59. My question is: have you heard of anything similar in other countries around the world? If so, do you plan on any sort of international follow up to Missing and perhaps updates with more recent cases?

59. Also, I understand that you were told contacting the people who had been found was in bad taste, but have any gotten in touch with that want to share what happened (and allow that story to be told) and that have been vetted as actual former missing persons?

Again, thanks and fantastic work you are doing!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••

59. We did find consistent elements and other cases in 5 other countries, documented in "Missing 411-North America and Beyond."

59. A victim has not contacted us. Family member of people who have vanished have made the contact, not a victim.

Thanks for the question!

= = =

60. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 17:12

60. reply to post by winnar

60. Right. Being hit by a an object causes a pressure wave in the body, when it reaches the feet shoes pop off if it was a big enough hit.

60. Shoes left behind can be evidence of some sort of strike by a large animal. Or the dreaded Forest Car.

60. What I didnt get was him describing earlier about 2 year olds being at 2000 feet instead of like 1200. Or people having wandered further than thought possible. Things like that can be ascribed to people not all fitting in one box. What is considered 'normal' for a population can easily, and often is, exceeded by the individual.

60. I dont see the big mystery in these disappearances. People get lost and die, or eaten, or dragged off by an animal.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••

60.1. In June of 2012 I was asked to be the guest speaker at the largest SAR convention in North America, NASAR. I was asked to give the group the results of our study. It was a packed house with the most experienced SAR people in the world. At the end of my speech. there was a line out the door of people wanting to talk and explain their appreciation for exposing what most knew and never wanted to address, people are disappearing under highly unusual conditions and never being found. Each of the cases we list have been cleared of any animal involvement and trackers are at a loss to understand where the victim went with sometimes a complete lack of any evidence.

60.2 It's hard to see the "big mystery" without understanding our research. Four years, 10,000 hours of research and three books.....

All the best!!

= = =

END PAGE 11 OF THE AMA THREAD HERE:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
PAGE 12 OF THE AMA THREAD HERE:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

61. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 17:18

61. reply to post by defcon5

61. I'd like to now a bit more about how they eliminated them as a candidate.
The government of British Columbia on their website refer to them as “one of the most mysterious and elusive of all creatures.”

61.1 Cougars don't always leave prints behind.
61.2 They are silent, stealthy, and very difficult to track.
61.3 They are known to be attracted to children (64% of all known attacks)
61.4 They can jump up to 40 feet.
61.5 They can run up to 50 mph.
61.6 They can reach 7 feet in length, and up to 300lbs.

61. Isn't there many of your cases where the people have left shoes behind? A 300lb animal, striking a human at 50mph, stands a pretty good chance of knocking them right out of their shoes, similar to being hit by a car, correct?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••

61. There are canines that are specially trained to track mtn lions for hunters. Canines are not afraid of the lions, lions are afraid of canines. Any expert tracker can find Mtn lion tracks in the vicinity of a disappearance quickly. Mtn lions cannot mask their smell.

61. When a mtn lion attacks a human there is a battle, hair is left behind, blood, there is a scene and that scene is identified by the trackers who are assisting SAR.

61. There isn't one person who has read the books that has come back to us stating that Mtn lions have taken the victims, not one. You need to read the totality of the work to understand the complexity of the issue.

61. Read the reviews on Amazon and the beliefs of police officers, game wardens and rangers that have posted.

Thanks for the contact!!

= = =

62. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 17:32

62. reply to post by SteveR

62 You are constantly implying it. If not, then why is discussion of bigfoot and its existence relevant on a thread about investigating disappearances?

62. Tell me EXACTLY how I am implying it? Be specific, let everyone know.

62. Is that the only reason you are connecting the dots?

62. Read my bio.

62. Look what I wrote about before dedicating myself to missing people....

62. I have NEVER said anything remotely connecting bigfoot to missing people, NOTHING.

= = =

63. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 17:36

63. reply to post by Arnie123

63. I honestly had no idea what was going on in out national parks. I think a lot of Americans are oblivious to the fact that ALOT of people go missing in our parks, I didn't even know and I figured myself at least privy to most information.

63. You have opened my eyes and I thank you for that and as well as another person to go out and buy your book to read as you have definitely opened up a whole new area.

63. With that being said, I have one question, more like, "what you think"...
--

63.1 In the case of Carl Landers, this man was an experienced hiker, climber and overall awesome fitness an in shape.

63.2 He said he felt "Poorly" and so continued on to lake Helens, that last known whereabouts of his location.

63.3 Now, after searching, they come up with nothing, even the snow where the path was had nothing.

63.4 So I was wondering, I had before heard of cases on Mt. Shasta being part of other theories like the Hollowed earth theory, Lemurians and BFGT.

63.5 Would you say that in his case, it was as if the ground opened up and swallowed him?? That perhaps maybe there might be a vast network of underground tunnels where "Things" can crawl up and take people? That in itself could account for the impossible terrains and lack of bodies as well as equipment.

63.6 I have always wanted to visit Mt. Shasta, but now regarding your research, I will have to be more mindful on what I do out there. So many stories about that mountain, strange lights, beings and Singing...yes, beautiful music and singing...as if something lives beneath the base of these mountains, if I didn't know any better, it would seem that some of these cases involve a few notorious mountains.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••

63. I don't know anything about caves but did interview the State of California SAR commander heading the search for Carl. He stated that it was one of the most frustrating searches he had ever been involved after 30 years. His quote, "He (Carl) either went up or went in, because he wasn't on." They (SAR) had covered Mt Shasta from top to bottom, Carl wasn't there and has never been found.

= = =

64. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 17:57

64. reply to post by KBadger

64. Hi David, I've listened to your interviews many times. The subject matter in all honesty scares the bejesus out of me! I'm a big fan of Red Ice Radio and mentioned you to the host Henrik Palmgren as a possible interviewee. He said he would look into it, I think it would be a great interview if it was to happen

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

64. Thanks for the thought- appreciated!!

= = =

OUT OF CHARACTERS. Continued next post.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
= = =

65. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:03

65. reply to post by Domo1

65. Hello Mr. Paulides, thanks for taking the time to chat and I must say that is quite a glorious moustache.

65.1. Are you willing to tell us what the various theories are? Obviously without putting too much emphasis on a particular one.

65.2. What would be out there that the FBI and Parks Service would be covering up? Do you think they are actively doing this out of fear of public knowledge? Could it be that they are not trained well enough or lack some sort of resource making recovery difficult, and this is all an attempt to cover up their ineptitude?

65.3. What criteria are used for inclusion to the list?
I would think people go missing in the woods all the time and die from exposure/injury/what have you.

65.4 Any indication of military involvement?

65.5 Are there any blatant commonalities between the missing? Age, gender, experience? Are they generally alone? Have dogs with them?
I should probably buy the book... I will later tonight.

65.6 Has investigating this made you avoid hiking/backpacking? Do you feel safe? Any recommendations on staying safe that aren't just the obvious?

65.7 It sounds like you've been approached by people on numerous occasions who have knowledge that something is wrong. Do you believe fear of reprisal is keeping them from going to the media/up the chain of command?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••

65.1 I have posted on this forum some of the criteria to be on the list.

65.2 Any indications of military involvement, three times the Green Berets were brought out to the scene, supposedly to search. Have had three responses from families of Green Berets forwarding me notes stating that Green Berets would never search for a missing person.

65.3 I have changed my practices about going into the woods. I always go with someone, now carry a personal transponder and always carry a gun.

65.4 The reason the NPS is hiding the data may be as simple as its negative publicity for the parks and that may infringe on numbers of visitors thus a loss of revenue.

65.5. Commonalities amongst the missing, I'll give you one of the biggest we found. From 1938-1957 more children disappeared in PA then in any other state during any time frame at any point in history. We have racked our brains trying to understand why PA, we don't have answers. There isn't one specific location, it was statewide.

Thanks for the question!!

= = =

66. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:05

66. reply to post by misskat1

66. For those of you who are concluding that the OP is all about BF, I would just like to say, a year or so ago, I contacted Mr, Paulitis regarding my grandsons disappearance. Big Foot was never mentioned, nor did he give any indication that his research was exclusively BF related. His research centered around all unexplained disappearances.

66. I believe part of his motive for collecting these stories together is to educate the public that something is going on in the Forest. There are a multitude of different situations occurring, and there is probably more than one cause for the disappearances. The more information available to the public, the better they can protect themselves and families.

66. When I was searching for answers regarding my grandsons disappearance, I stumbled on to an Interview on Coast to Coast with Mr Paulitis. I was very grateful for the information. He answered a lot of questions for my family.

66. Thank you Mr Paulitis for bringing this vital information to ATS. (Grandson lost at McCloud Ca.)

Granny Kat
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

66. Granny
Thanks for the kind words!!
I hope your grandson is doing well.

Dave

= = =

67. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:09

67. reply to post by winnar

67. @ David since you think you covered normal plausible situations, have the idea ever occurred to anyone that some of these people wanted to disappear?

67. And please no answer about "ya but the families say theyd never do that" because the family is always the last to know when it comes to things like a homicidal killing sprees, kidnapping , wanting to disappear etc. People especially dont tell the people theyre disappearing from that theyre going to leave.

67. And as far as that one frustrating case you just mentioned...it it not plausible that they covered the whole area, even maybe stood on top him figuratively and just didnt see him?

67. When someone disappears, law enforcement researches the possibility that it is a voluntary disappearance. If they discover that this may be a factor, it is explicitly stated in their reports and the administrators make their decisions on how to proceed based allot on that knowledge. We have never investigated a case where this was a possibility.

67. I have written about two cases where this allegation was made but evidence we uncovered doesn't point that direction and we give the reasons why in the narrative.

END OF PAGE 12 OF THE AMA THREAD WITH DAVID PAULIDES
= = =

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
PAGE 13 OF THE AMA THREAD HERE:

68. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:19

68. reply to post by CornShucker

68. I've listened to all of your C2C appearances and found them as fascinating as they are eerie.

68. I've been out of work for two years so haven't had a chance to get one of your books, yet. Wanted to get this question in. I don't think it's been asked yet...

68. When we went to Gatlinburg for our oldest son's wedding, we made the trek up to Clingmans Dome(sp?). My wife and I had a nice chat with a couple of guys and a girl (all about college age) that were hiking the entire Appalachian Trail. As they started down the trail (the Dome is right on the trail), I looked at how quickly it descended into what effectively became a tunnel and thought of your research. The realization of just how cut off from civilization they would be most of the trail made me shudder.

68 Q: Are there any clusters along the AT?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••

68.1 Oh, now you've touched on something truly unusual.

68.1 There are many, many unusual stories that happened on the AT.
Clusters, there is a major cluster centered on Great Smoky Mountain National park.

68.2 Extending north from the park and going through New England is a series of strange disappearances.

68.3 Just lately, a woman named Geraldine Largay vanished while hiking the AT in Maine. Her disappearance has many factors that mimic what we are studying.

Thanks for the question!

= = =

69. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:24

69. reply to post by winnar

69. I think as I just pointed out that voluntary disappearance would be hard to discover as its usually a secret from everybody except the person doing it. And if they wanted to disappear you would think most of them would leave behind some kind of evidence to make it look not voluntary. A better way to put it would be you have never investigated a case where you knew it was a possibility. Which leaves like 99.999% of the cases who are not children, as a possibility.

69. Is there a website where all these cases are accessible? Sorry I know you have probably answered this already but its infinitely easier for you to answer again than to search through the thread.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••

69. Most of the people who want to fall out of the world are not as sneaky as most believe.

69. There are certain tell tale signs that expose intent.

69. I would agree that some people are devious and do use their wit to escape, but most are not Dexter....

69. Many, many of the cases we have investigated involve children.

Thanks again!!

= = =

70. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:28

70. reply to post by Leonidas

70.1. I used to have a finance company that would provide financing to independent truckers to improve the quality of their loads, more or less.

70.2. As a result of that business and the number of independent truckers we dealt with, I am absolutely certain that a large number of missing people are taken by a small number of truckers.

70.3. They are in the perfect position to do so and the philosophical-bent of a number of these men leave me with little doubt, but no rock solid proof. We are so certain, we are no longer involved in that business.

70.4 What do you have to say about missing people and the actions of a few truckers?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••

70. Our cases eliminate vehicle abductions as a possibility. These are rural disappearances away from roadways.

70. Regarding truckers, interesting you asked. I feel comfortable talking about this now as its been many years since I was privy to this info.

70. I was working on a special task force at the PD and we were asked to participate in a stakeout in Northern California regarding a trucker and a series of kidnappings that happened between San Diego and Washington State. The abductions happened near freeways and involved the same profile of victim. Our team never saw anything suspicious but I do know that the FBI was actively pursuing this lead 20+ years ago.

70. I believe your hypothesis is probably correct, and, there are at least 4-5 working North America right now.

= = =

71. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:32

71. reply to post by woodsmom

71. You have enticed me to find your books, thank you for your time!

71. I knew Mikey Palmer, though not his brother. I also know that a certain individual admitted to people around town that he and his friend were responsible, and Mikey's bike was found off of Pittman road in the river. I also know that they had not found him or anything else of his.

71.1. As a friend of his is there any more information you can share about him?
71.2 As somebody who was around that group of people at that time, are there any questions that I can answer for you?
Please feel free to contact me through this site in my personal messages if I can, I don't feel comfortable sharing other names so publicly. He was a sweet kid and this was devastating to many people, and this is the second time this month that his name has popped up in front of me.
Thank you.

71. I think the police are stumped on Mikey's case. His shoes were found by the old airport, heading to the mountains and wide open spaces of nothing. I believe allot of people may make claims to become someone of notoriety in the community, but I also know that everyone associated and around that disappearance were polygraphed and everyone passed. It is very much a whodunnit!! What makes this very, very strange is that his brother disappeared under very, very strange conditions.

All the best.

Find the books at:

www.canammissing.com...

= = =

72. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:39

72. reply to post by Scorchio

72. Hi David, and thanks for taking the time to come on here and answer our questions. I have two questions that i'd like to ask you:

72.1 1. Are you familiar with the Dyatlov pass incident and do you have a theory on what happened?

72.2. 2. What is the strangest case you have come across so far?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••

72. Yes, I am aware of the Dyatlov Pass incident. We looked into it and then discounted it as it doesn't meet the criteria for us to study.

Strangest case, really, they are all strange.
Dennis Martin
Douglas Legg
are two near the top...

= = =

73. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:41

73. reply to post by skonaz

73. You mentioned Australia having very similar incidents

73. Would you be referring to the Australian bigfoot legends - "the Yowie" or "Bunbyip" ?

Any cases of note ?

73. Similar incidents of missing people, nothing to do with Yowie.
These are just flat-out strange disappearances...

= = =

END OF PAGE 13 OF THE AMA THREAD.

= = =

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
PAGE 14 OF THE ORIGINAL AMA THREAD HERE:

74. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:53

74. reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

74. Hey again Mr. Paulides. Sorry to bother, but I figured I would run my question by a second time since it greatly intrigues me.

74. As silly as this may seem, have you ever considered Ley line vortex points or earth energy points around the globe? I know some people may be skeptical of there existance, but there is tangible proof of these points existing. Some might think this to be outlandish but I always found the similarities very interesting.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

74. Ley Line vortex-
I suppose that we would research it if we understood it. We don't know anything about it...

74. Regarding FL and TX, when we initially pulled missing person cases, those two states had an unreal amount, so many we pushed them to the side to research later. When we finally got around to them, we found the numbers that qualified for the study were quite small and included them in "Missing 411-North America and Beyond."

= = =

75. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 18:56

75. reply to post by Brotherman

75. During your research has there ever been any attempt to connect individuals that have gone missing under the criteria that you and your team require that involved in any way there physiology and or genes? For example is there a larger majority that disappear having blue eyes versus brown? I understand that you have made other connections that as subtle as they may be such as bright colored clothing et cetera I would be curious to know if you have attempted to collect samples from close non missing surviving members of said persons family to assist on your research. I ask because it is apparent to me that you believe this phenomena is real that being what it is I was just curious as if you went this far even though I understand that this type of data gathering is very personal and very touchy with many. Thank you for your time and at the least to reading this in advance and keep up the good work!

B-Man

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••

75. Nobody would have access to that information.
Please read my bio for the answer to part of your question.

Thanks

= = =

76. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 19:00

76. reply to post by schuyler

76.1. Look, David. I’m really sorry. I WANT this to be true. It would please me no end to finally have valid scientific evidence that Bigfoot exists. That would be a happy day. I’ve read about Bigfoot since I was a kid up here in the Northwest woods.

76.2. But this whole issue stinks as bad as chemtrails. Ketchum is certainly not doing herself any favors. The DeNovo website is actually the second fake journal she has concocted. The first was the Journal of Advanced Multidisciplinary Explorations in Zoology (JAMEZ) another off the cuff web-based brand new journal concocted expressly for the purpose of publishing her paper, which has never passed peer review anywhere and has been rejected several times, no matter how she tries to spin it. Saying “it has been peer reviewed” is not equivalent to “it has PASSED peer review” and there is no evidence anywhere that it has, and it certainly has not passed ANY peer review initiated by the DeNovo Journal.

76.3. You keep saying we have to read the paper as you have or comments are invalid. Well, by the same token, you need to read the opposition (which I posted and which is FREE and won't cost you $30) to understand the gravity of the situation here. Not only is this paper a mucked up mess hiding behind a paywall, the premise makes no sense. The idea is that humans went through some sort of “hybridization event” with an unknown hominid that resulted in 9 foot tall Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) 13,000 years ago. In plainer terms, what she is trying to say is that some woman got laid by a gorilla (or a really big tall hairy guy almost a human, no trace of which has ever been found) and produced a world full of Bigfoot in a mere 13,000 years. This sounds positively Biblical. I’m surprised she didn’t claim it was 4004 BC on October 23rd at 10:00 o’clock in the morning.

76.4 The whole thing is absurd. And the problem is that if Bigfoot exists (and I hope it does) putting out this kind of unsubstantiated nonsense throws the whole thing off track. It leads the credulous astray and convinces the skeptics to throw the baby out with the bathwater and reject the whole thing. To put it in UFO terms, it’s like believing that a very sexy Aura Rhanes took Truman Bethurum up in a flying saucer to visit Clarion, a planet on the other side of the moon that we can’t see, where the natives all speak English and go to church on Sundays. The story is not credible. Where are these critical thinking skills we hear so much about?

76.5 That’s sad in the extreme. It’s a step backwards, and it certainly is not denying ignorance. And, for the record, it earned Truman Bethurum a divorce.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

76. If science and DNA are absurd, then I agree.

76. Since the paper was released, since the world has seen it, four new Phd's have come to the side of Dr. Ketchum supporting her assertions. Look at the Phd's (geneticists) that have challenged her, the list is very, very thin....

76. **She can only report what is fact, Genbank does not make up DNA...
You may not agree with the results, as many haven't. Challenge the science, because therein lies the evidence.

76. Thanks for the contact..

= = =

77. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 19:03

77. reply to post by ArcAngel

77. Statistically from your data, where would you say is the most dangerous place to hike in the United States? Or if that's too risky of a question, where have you seen the highest density of modern day disappearances (within a 100 mile radius)?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••

77. Anywhere in the western Cascades, from Northern California to the Washington border with Canada.

77. Here is an article about disappearances in OR, the numbers are staggering and go to our point, something unusual is happening:www.oregonlive.com...

77. **Read what the victims family say

77. Thanks for the contact.

= = =

78. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 19:07

78. reply to post by Restricted

78. The DNA was tested by multiple labs, which all came to the same conclusion - part human, part mystery creature. How do you explain that?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

78. If the matching DNA is not in GENBANK, scientists cannot fabricate it.
78.1 Bigfoot is something highly unusual.
78.2 100+ samples were in the study, multiple, multiple labs tested the samples and all received the same results.

There is an old saying, "it is what it is."

78. Thanks for taking the time to ask!!

= = =

OUT OF CHARACTERS . . . CONTINUED NEXT POST

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
PART 2 OF DAVID PAULIDES’ CONTIGUOUS Q & A THREAD

PAGE 15 OF THE ORIGINAL AMA THREAD

80. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 19:27

80. reply to post by Brotherman

80. I Believe this is the part you are referring to;

80. "...We won’t make any statements about what is happening to the missing until we are certain that specific, consistent elements exist that point to a cause, we aren’t there yet. Regarding contacting victims that are found alive, we were advised early in our development by other missing person groups that this would be an inappropriate practice. Some people may talk, later see their story in print and feel that they were victimized a second time. We are VERY sensitive to the victims and their families and would never want to do anything to cause them further anxiety. If they initiate the conduct, we would gladly speak with them. ..."

80. Perhaps I should have been more clear I am asking as I know that in some cases that there is genetic material left over as in the case of the person that went hunting and there were only fragments of them left and other cases with bodies found with unusual wounds etc. I am not an expert on this matter but I am under the impression that certain genetic information would be left available to researchers and law enforcement to help solve/ prevent this from happening if possible from the coroners office or hospital, as well as those that would volunteer it if it would help. As far as you you said that nobody would have access to this information do you mean that it is not out there or not accessible to people outside of Law enforcement circles? I do understand wholly that you and your team command the greatest respect for survivors and those that are missings families.

DAVID PAULIDES: 80. Your mindset in this forum is that something unusual has happened, something that is worth a secondary look.

80. Look backwards in time, nobody involved in SAR is ever thinking something unusual, they are thinking "Find the person", that's it. If the person isn't found and years later remnants are found, the NPS has actually buried the remains where they were found, done with the case. Period. It is a very rare day when a sharp investigator recognizes that something is wrong and asks for further followup, etc. Most of these incidents happen in remote, small counties with very limited resources and funds. Even if they thought something unusual happened, chances are they would drop it because they don't have their own coroner, it is all contracted outside the county thus costing them more $$, $$ most of these small counties don't have.

All the best!!

= = =

81. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 19:34

81. reply to post by ArcAngel

81. Last question. Based on your experience and the data you have researched, what would you recommend should be done by citizens? The government? The military?

81. I don't mean to press you as you've done an admirable job keeping objectivity. But I am interested in an unofficial opinion. To be honest, more than probably anyone in the world, I am convinced that you've connected some dots as to what MAY be going on.

DAVID PAULIDES 81. Truthfully, keep the federal government and NPS out of it. Some people have stated that it appears these incidents are happening on federal property so they can control the investigations, makes some sense.

81. Some of the best investigations we have seen is by the small county sheriff in a very rural area who happens to have a burr up his behind and the intellectual curiosity to find out what happened in some unusual incident. That small county sheriff has done some of the best work we've found.

81. I know for a fact that the NPS has some quality officers, fact. The issue is that their hands are tied. If they uncovered something, their work would be buried by their superiors, example, Crater Lake National Park and the disappearance of Charles McCullar.

We interviewed the ranger that found this man, 13 mile back in the wilderness under very, very unusual circumstances. Without the testimony of the ranger, we would never know what happened to Charles. The ranger stated that when he found the remains, it was the strangest scene he had ever been to in 30+ years. He knew immediately that something bad happened and requested an FBI Evidence Response team from Portland. When we filed the FOIA on this case, the park service said they destroyed it.... Missing 411- Western U.S., Crater Lake chapter.

Thanks for the question.

= = =

82. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 19:43

82. reply to post by winnar

DP: ANSWER: 82. People who have read the books state that they don't get it and the light doesn't go on until they've got about half way through, then bells and whistles go off.

82. Just because a tent pole has collapsed does not indicate a struggle. If we have four tent poles all collapsed in the same manner, all with people who have vanished and never found, hmm, there is a connection. If boots were found of the victims inside those tents, that's another data point. If there sleeping bag look as though it was slept in and then it looks like they got out in the middle of the night, that's another data point.Sometimes it takes reading thousands of reports to finally understand the minute details that replicate themselves, unusual events.

82. None of these factors are going to immediately hit you in the face immediately, or, they wouldve been discovered decades ago. It is a pure accident we've found them. Go to Amazon.com and read the reviews of the books posted by police officers, game wardens and rangers about the books and their contents, they are pure mystery where there are no easy answers. No, they cannot be explained away, because, there are consistent unusual elements in many, many of these cases that make no logical sense even to seasoned SAR workers...That's why I gave the presentation in 2012 at the NASAR convention in Lake Tahoe.

= = =

83. posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 19:46

83. reply to post by FlySolo

83. Perhaps you missed my question a few pages back so I'll make it brief. What's your stance on the Erickson project and the documentary?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••

DAVID PAULIDES 83. The footage is outstanding.

83. There is no documentary, it was planned but never came to fruition.

83. You might see Erickson and Ketchum together in the very near future releasing some monumental information.

83. There were many DNA samples in the study that came from the Erickson research.

= = =

OUT OF CHARACTERS . . . CONTINUED NEXT POST

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join