It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Knox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The retrial of Amanda Knox and her Italian boyfriend has generated a fair amount of news here in the UK and in Italy (the murder of Meredith Kercher in Perugia in 2007) and I wondered whether it was the same in America or if it has generated less column inches over there.

The case is intriguing, not only because of the apparent incompetence by the Italian investigative authorities, but the actions of Knox and her boyfriend immediately after the event and since. There are many changes of testimony, mostly by Knox, and lots of unanswered questions – hence the retrial. Many in Italy think her and her boyfriend complicit in the crime.

They and Guede, a friend of theirs, were all found guilty in the original trial but Knox and her boyfriend won their subsequent appeal and were later released. Guede is still serving a 16-year sentence.

A new trial, ordered by Italy's highest court, is about to get under way at the end of this month with requests for Knox and her then boyfriend to attend. Both have not guaranteed that they will.

I wondered what your thoughts are of the case against them, if they will attend and if they will get convicted?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TerraLiga

My biggest concern with this case is the vast difference in our Judicial Systems. In The U.S. the Defendant is tried, found guilty or not guilty, and sentenced or released. If the Defendant is found guilty they have a right to Appeal. The difference is that in Italy the Defendant is retried during the Appeal process. In this case she was found not guilty during the appeal, and released. Now, after another appeal, she is being ordered to be tried again. How long can it keep going on? IMO once she was originally convicted she should have never been released until an absolute final resolution let a lone allowed to leave the Country. I don't believe she will return to another Trial, and I do not believe that our Government or Courts will Order her to return.
Concerning her guilt. I have no opinion other then she acted very strange when she was first arrested. This should never be a deciding factor in someones guilt or innocence, but it is always an issue in the U.S. with high profile cases.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Are they going to attend? I HIGHLY doubt. I know I would NOT be..

No way they get extradited for it, at least i still have hope America would not extradite. Especially for a trial where the defendants are not even their. Just silly, they need to let it go now..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Every time she speaks about it, i get this strong feeling that she knows something that she's not telling. I've no facts to back this up, just a very strong feeling in my gut. Or it could just be wind........
edit on 26-9-2013 by Scorchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TerraLiga

The only logical thing for the Foxy Knoxy to do now is pose for Playboy.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ive just watched an hour long documentary on this which looked at 5 key points in the trial of amanda knox and solletio her boyfriend, in this recently made film they used top lawyers to re examine the evidence and they in turn consulted with top forensic people. What they served to show was that not only was there no evidence to put knox at the crime scene but that there was more evidence available to support that fact.

As for solletio, the only evidence against him was the Dna of his found on the bra clasp, but that was shown to have been contaminated by shoddy forensics who not only dropped the clasp on to the floor but passed it around greatly increasing the risk of contamination.

This case was settled when rudy guede was caught whilst on the run , tried , pled guilty and was jailed.
During all that time he never mentioned any co conspirators..that only came much later when the Italian prosecutor had made a rush to judgement concerning knox and the boyfriend and co opted guedes testimony in return for a reduced sentence for guede..

The only thing knox was guilty of was of being naieve, she didnt know how the system worked in Italy and was subject to an interrogation process that was designed to break hardened criminals with multiple teams of detectives tag teaming her without let up..its no surprise that she said things she hardly remembers.

As for returning to Italy for that trial, if I were her and had experienced Italian justice first hand like she had, Italy is the last place i would be..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well if Italy orders her extradition and she refuses, then they appeal to the govt to enforce it, they can deny it, which would put a strain on relations. I feel if it did, the govt wouldnt hesitate to send her

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

The thing is relations with Italy are strained at the minute over the CIA kidnap thing so it mightnt be a good time for Italy to request that the US extradite her..another problem that may arise is if Italy dont get their hands on her they may put out an Interpol arrest warrant on her which would seriously restrict her movement..

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
- She's been found not guilty.
- There is no evidence even remotely close to convicting her of murder.
- Retrial ... that is absurd.
- The killer is already in jail.
- The Anti-American attitudes in Italy are driving this .. nothing more.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not guilty

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It has been news here in the Seattle region, where Amanda Knox is from. The other day they were talking about extradition depending on whatever the courts findings were. I am glad the court was found not guilty, and hopefully, they will lay this travesty to rest and Knox alone. I was living in Europe when this case broke, and remembered all the coverage on the news and in the tabloids. The nature of the investigation and trial led me to believe that she was not guilty, that the Italians blundered and were chasing drama and a witch hunt rather than justice.

top topics

join