It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Meteor Seen in 8 US States and 1 Canadian Prov. in DAYTIME! MI OH IL IN ONT KY MO IA TN B

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Zarniwoop
reply to post by UFO1414

I have a 2MB pic that I can't seem to upload

open it up in Paint(or whatever you use to display on screen) and then do a screen capture [prtscn]... then paste it into a new Paint window... save as jpg... then it won't be 2 mb.
edit on 9.26.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

Thanks. I managed to resize to 43.7KB but ATS is giving me an error message "You can not file transfer".

On second thought, I'm at work so maybe they are blocking the upload? Doesn't really make sense though. I could email the pic to someone if they want to PM me.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I truly think it's more people looking up, with reporting boosted by the Internet.

... which is very cool.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

It could very well be. We saw something like that in the aviation world recently. Near miss and incursion reports shot up the last year or two, not because there were more of them, but because the reporting system became easier to use, and more anonymous friendly, to protect people from their companies.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

I truly think it's more people looking up, with reporting boosted by the Internet.

... which is very cool.

Yes, all news travels very fast nowadays because of social media and the internet in general. They say violent crime is down but it doesn't seem that way with all the horrific stories I read daily.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

ATS is giving me an error message "You can not file transfer

Haven't seen that one before... strange.

I'd give you an email address but I have none that are anonymous... and I don't want anyone finding out that I am really [deleted - national security]

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Huh, usually I am out at that time blissfully enjoying the morning, watching the sky and at this time, taking in the sunrise and moon set energy to balance myself. Normally a glorious beginning to the day, but this morning I slept in a bit so morning chores were the focus.

I did see an astounding one a bout a week or so ago that literally lit up the sky and put on quite a show for me. at the time I was wondering if it was the debris field for that one slated to come in around the first of October.

I LOVE the sky and the connectivity it shows me to the universal divine. If I were to pick a disaster to die in it would have to be a celestial event.

" I have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night."
Sara Williams

This saying, plack was given to me by my beloved Mom because she knew me, she knew my heart. And I look at it everyday.

*She would also tell me in emails "USE SPELL CHECK!!!" (Do not know how to spell plack, and spell check is of no use...)
edit on 26-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Agreed after the Russian meteor people seem to be looking up to the sky more.

Living out in the desert my wife and I see a decent amount of meteors all the time.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

thesaneone

Agreed after the Russian meteor people seem to be looking up to the sky more.

Living out in the desert my wife and I see a decent amount of meteors all the time.

could be the case for people observing them but somehow i doubt the govt. of the world have missed them since sat tracking of objects going hundreds of miles per hour and emitting one hell of a heat signature, has not been documented by them.....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

When sonic booms are reported more often due to the meteor then I might start to worry.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You have to have a satellite tracking things like that though.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I posted this on another page the other day

whatnext21
Here is a couple of good sites to bookmark

G7IZU Radio Reflection Detection
Shows meteors as they enter the atmosphere, I am not sure however what the different Hz (28 - 144) sizes mean in relation to size of the object. You can choose the location at the top for US, UK, Transatlantic, Africa All, and Far East and Oceania.

S.P.A.M Network
Shows meteors as they enter the atmosphere by size only, not sure how far the detection is able to reach.

NASA's All Sky Fireball Network
Actual captures of fireballs from various cameras from different locations in the USA

Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area could shed some light in interpretation of both tools?

American Meteor Society
to check if anyone else saw what you saw

And finally,

Is a Meteor Storm Brewing for May 2014??
On May 24, 2014, Earth will plow through a dense stream of dust particles shed by Comet 209P/LINEAR. Dynamicists think the crossing could result in an intense meteor shower - maybe even a "storm" - and North Americans will have front-row seats.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Outburst of new meteor shower: September Epsilon Perseid

The old-time Perseus meteor shower is associated with the comet Swift-Tuttle, and radiate from the Perseus constellation. They have been observed for around two thousand years, from mid-July to mid-August.

However, the new-comer September Epsilon Perseids meteor shower was only discovered a few years ago. It is unknown what body they originate from, other than they come from somewhere within the Oort cloud.

In September 2013, European sky watchers are reporting seeing meteors from the September Epsilon Perseids.

Unknown body? What did a comet or asteroid just pass by and nobody saw it and it left a trail of debris for us to plow through? Can anyone figure out what the body might be, my guess being that it is relatively new is Elenin. Comet C/2010 X1 you know the comet that disintegrated and was no more. What is comet ISON going to leave us in the way of fireballs and meteor showers, NASA says dust, but I have my doubts, I guess we will see in January when we get peppered on both sides of the planet with its 'Dust'.
edit on 9/26/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Not to kill the conversation, but all the meteors could be from the 7 trillion doom harbinger COMET ISON. Hopefully nothing breaks off and nails us.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Yeah this Comet Ison is really worth the watch, NASA Deep Impact comet hunter probe has been declared dead a week ago.

www.nbcnews.com...

These changes are concerning if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Actually, my bad, wrong date, disregard.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: not same event

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Phage

More reports does not equal more meteors.

I'm sorry but that is beyond silly. Isn't it just as possible more people are reporting them because more people arre seeing them because more are occuring? That is such a weak argument. I am not saying that more reports indicates (exclusively) that more meteors are occuring but is sure as hell doesn't prove your point either.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

There's an annual September shower that is believed to be from a comet with a 2500 year "orbit". The last time it was here was 1911.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Look I'm not trying to be a downer here Cheesy but the awareness around the people is what is causing it to seem like their is more activity. As many of us are aware you LOVE Comet ISON (I like you threads so keep them coming) so with this thread I am just assuming you are insinuating the two could be tied together. Again just my opinion not trying to bash here.

I love your avatar by the why. It just makes me think of a big goof (especially with your broken english) lol.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I saw two meteors last year about a month apart. They both came through the same area, and were clearly not going to burn up before hitting somewhere. As one passed and I was talking with a friend on my cell phone, it seemed to cause my phone to disconnect which never happens out here.

I definitely think we are seeing an increase in meteors entering our atmosphere and not burning up. I don't recall any time in my life (47 years) that we saw this kind of activity. Yearly meteor storms of seeing shooting stars in not what we are seeing here. We must be in a particularly dense area of space and going to see a lot more stuff in the near future, just hope none of it is devastating.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

How about this little nugget.

Phys.org It is interesting to note that the September Perseids produced a similar outburst in 2008. This might indicate that the parent comet is now approaching the inner solar system. If so, these outbursts provide advance warning of bodies that intersect the orbit of the Earth and can potentially hit it with little or no warning. Observations of this mid-September meteor shower in the coming years, combined with direct telescopic searches for the parent comet, will help determine if this is the case.

Read more at: phys.org...

Yikes!!

edit on 9/26/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join