It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Meteor Seen in 8 US States and 1 Canadian Prov. in DAYTIME! MI OH IL IN ONT KY MO IA TN B

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

As one passed and I was talking with a friend on my cell phone, it seemed to cause my phone to disconnect which never happens out here.

Considering the altitude difference between cellular signals and meteors, I think it's safe to say that a meteor did not cause your phone to disconnect.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

edit on 9/26/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

As one passed and I was talking with a friend on my cell phone, it seemed to cause my phone to disconnect which never happens out here.

Considering the altitude difference between cellular signals and meteors, I think it's safe to say that a meteor did not cause your phone to disconnect.

What you are not getting and maybe I have not explained, this was literally coming down less than 100 to 200 feet or so above my head. I have never seen meteors in my life until last year and I saw two of them come down literally in my neck of the woods. It was not way up in the sky. That is why I say things are different now.
edit on 26-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

UFO1414
I think it just landed near me. I have a 2MB pic that I can't seem to upload. Can anyone help? I suck with computers.

I'm in Toronto, anyone else? Look up. There is a really weird trail.

EDIT - OK I've managed to resize it but now I get an ATS error message "You can not file Transfer".
edit on 26-9-2013 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

Hey! Tqx sir i just wake up from my bed, i just s3nd you my email! Sent it to my i promise to upload it as soon i get to my office 3 hour from now..

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What you are not getting and maybe I have not explained, this was literally coming down less than 100 to 200 feet or so above my head.

I got it. I just don't believe it... sorry.

I mean... very cool and a once-in-a-lifetime sight if it really happened... The chances are astronomical.

In any case, it still wouldn't cause a dropped call.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

cheesy

UFO1414
I think it just landed near me. I have a 2MB pic that I can't seem to upload. Can anyone help? I suck with computers.

EDIT - OK I've managed to resize it but now I get an ATS error message "You can not file Transfer".

Hey! Tqx sir i just wake up from my bed, i just s3nd you my email! Sent it to my i promise to upload it as soon i get to my office 3 hour from now..

no not 3 hours I need to see this now.. cant he just pop it as his avatar or something or pop it on youtube and link it?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

cheesy

UFO1414

Ok, there must be some software on my work PC that will not let me upload (at home now and still won't upload).

Cheesy, I emailed you the pic.

In the meantime, I'll fire up my 10 year old Dell to try to upload.

Again, I'm not saying this is the meteor trail, just I have not seen something like this before (vertical trail). You'll see when it's uploaded by Cheesy (hopefully).

PS. I know I'm beating a dead horse, these emoticons are not my favorite, so I will boycott (after this post). New layout is lame too.
I think this is a bowling ball scuffed up a bit.
. Just found regular bowling ball.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

New layout is lame too.

It will grow on you. Pretty soon you won't even remember ATS2010

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Zarniwoop
reply to post by UFO1414

New layout is lame too.

It will grow on you. Pretty soon you won't even remember ATS2010

When I use my iPad, I will agree with you. But I'm usually (lurking, that is) at work on my PC. There is a huge difference I find.

Was ATS2010 better than ATS2011? (when I signed up)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Yes, I say I was twice blessed with this sighting, and caused me to go outside a lot more often at night to just watch, but both events happened in a short time. It really did happen, and of that I do only have my word on it.

I wonder who else has seen this sort of thing in the last year.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

and caused me to go outside a lot more often at night to just watch

That, by itself, is a wonderful thing.

I will take your word on your accounts... It's all good.
edit on 9.26.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I am not saying that more reports indicates (exclusively) that more meteors are occuring but is sure as hell doesn't prove your point either.

And what point is that?
I said that more reports does not equal more meteors. From what I can tell, you agree.
edit on 9/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

We must be in a particularly dense area of space and going to see a lot more stuff in the near future, just hope none of it is devastating.
We travel through the same area in space every year.

Or are you thinking that the source of the meteors is outside of the Solar System? The problem with that idea is that such objects would be falling inward toward the Sun from a very great distance. This means that they would be traveling very, very fast by the time they encounter Earth. Cometary speeds. When C/2012 S1 crosses Earth's orbit in November it will be traveling toward the Sun at more than 40 km/sec. The Russian meteor was traveling at only 18 km/sec, far too slow to have an origin outside the Solar System. The highest velocity for any recovered meteorites is 28.6 km/sec, still too slow. blogs.scientificamerican.com...

Since small meteors are bits of debris from comets, they do in fact hit the Earth's atmosphere at cometary speeds. However the larger chunks which result in fireballs and meteorites do not.

Fireballs are not and never have been as unusual as people seem to think. If that were the case, those who make a practice of looking for them would be seeing more. There is no indication that they are.
edit on 9/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I thank Him everyday he gives us til the day!!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

This one was right over top of me in Louisville, Ky. I am with you...why so many all of the sudden? Our meteorologist on our news station here said it is not uncommon.

Here is a pic of the one sighted in Louisville. (from the news not my pic)

Here is an amateur video of it as well.

edit on 26-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
is this the meteor?

it appears near bottom left of horizon at about 0.23.... ignore the spider..
edit on 26-9-2013 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2013 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Phage
We travel through the same area in space every year.

So, our solar system does not travel through different space as the galaxy moves?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

That video is kind of weird... no tail on the fireball?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

THat is what our news posted and what I thought too. I was hoping Phage would look at it and give his thoughts. The picture was very odd as well. It does not look like a meteor. It looks *TO ME* as a cylindrical shaped object. I am not space expert...but a baseball sized meteor (as they are saying this is) would not look cylindrical would it??

The picture freaked me out. Where is PHAGE when you need him? I wish we could TAG people here!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Where is PHAGE when you need him?

Well, I've never needed him, but he''s like two or three posts up. I'm sure he'll be back soon.

ETA: I've seen quite a few fireballs in my day... They have all had tails on 'em.

That one in the video doesn't appear to be burning up in the Earth's atmosphere... very strange.
edit on 9.26.2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join