It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject matter experts.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

When I was a child I wanted to be four things. A trucker, A Docter, A race car driver and a fighter jet pilot. I found out early on that the latter 2 would be far from likely as possible occupation as I was destined to exceed the height requirements for one and inadequate vision for the other.

Oh how life is sooo cruel.
edit on 26-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Oh god yes. I was a lot luckier than most, considering the things I got to do when I was working on them. I got to be up near, and on planes that most people don't even dream about getting close to. I couldn't have asked for a better upbringing than being on the flightline from a very young age.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

And I ended up being the last thing anyone that has known me for longer than five seconds ever even began to imagine that I would be. A truck driver. *laugh* Everyone I know went "Uh......huh? What? WHAT?!" when they found out.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

While I can't comment on Physics, necessarily, as I am not a physicist, I can only give you my point of view.

Most of the SMEs on ATS are well versed in their respective fields. For instance I am a weapons expert. I am military trained, I am an armorer, and I have years of experience with both shooting and maintenance of weapons from all over the world dating back to the 18th century.

Firearms and ammo, knives, bows, and other weaponry all fall in, down to familiarity with manufacturing processes, laws governing their use and manufacture, and of course, opinion.

This, while it certainly qualifies me an expert as far as ATS is concerned, does not make me the end all be all of the subject. I cannot, for instance, appraise a weapon's value, determine whether it's a forgery(not without extensive research) or anything like that. History, practical applications, maintenance, and specific know how with respect to quality is what i bring to the table. As well as a heads up on new weapons trends, new weapons, theory on function, design, and advice for novice and advanced weapons owners.

I don't delve into the politics of weaponry in the Weapons and Tactics forum as it has nothing to do with the forum purpose, and try to enforce and facilitate a politics free discussion of the matter. FSME members on ATS are NOT here to tell others how to think or to shut down discussions they do not like. But we are here to lend our knowledge and experiences.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

To be honnest thats exactly why Im asking.

I dont want to be mod or anything like that. To much hassel and I can get hot headed sometimes myself.

It just I have a very extensive back knowlage of the Diagnostic and biotec industry. I have worked for some of the big Pharma players. I know how all the regulations work both USA and EU. I have even seem into some of there secure databases (though cant comment much on that area . I know all the processes and why that these company check for safety.

BUT

Being the internet who says Im no just BS'ing and makeing that up? Hard core Conspirasits on the medical forum can come out with some outlanidsh claims (not to say all medical conspircay are wrong!) and if I counter then they can claim my knowlage is BS and rightly so as there is no proof I am who I say I am. Now Im not going to publish my education and work background publicly on the web, infact thats boderline illegal in UK and very unafe as Eco terrorist have targeted people like for working at a certain company! BUT I do trust the staff on ATS and if they are willing to Vet me and confirm that I am who I say I am it may go some way in dispelling the fact im not a internet BSer makeing stuff up as I go along!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join