It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your beliefs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hey Members. Being a "Noob" here, I don't know much about the site and even less about you. I posted a thread about "the big bad bible" the other day which aroused more than a little bit of emotional debate and valid/invalid? opinions. I did not expect this. My ignorance was bliss. But this aroused my curiosity as to the beliefs of people that hang out on Conspiracy websites. Do we have more Christians than Atheists here (I use them as examples only)? Has this topic been covered before? I call for a survey.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

ATS is a ethnically and cultural diverse community with many members from all over the world who hold a range of religious beliefs and customs dearly.

I usually avoid getting involved in religious debates on ATS because I don't really think this is the pace to debate "who is right Atheists or religious folks?" but I also think it is always important, like all matters on ATS, to be as respectful as possible and that is very often not possible in some of the more heated debates that had regarding religion on ATS.

There is no need for a survey it would achieve nothing.
edit on 25-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I tend to think, in religious side, there is more Christians in this site, some are more religious than others, at the same times, i think 2nd highest population would be "Atheist", which contains agnostics and agnostic atheist and "other".

That is why it is common to see Christianity Vs Atheism threads,

I simply hold no supernatural belief until it happens to me, even if it does happen to e, ill keep it with me and not announce it to the world.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

I'm with OSOTC here

I have friends on ATS that vehemently disagree with my views on some things, we have argued and debated and just agreed to disagree.

What matter your background, race, creed, colour or sexual orientation ?

We are here to help each other

Why try to compartmentalise us ?

Just accept us for what and who we are

And welcome to ATS

Cody

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hold on to your hat.....you are in for a rough ride if you start getting replies! In my opinion.....that's all there are.... opinions. We all have beliefs, and most of us have them based on what we have been taught all our lives. Problem is, depending on where you are from, the beliefs vary SO much. Personally, I do believe there is something greater. I think there is merit and truth in all religions and beliefs....now what that is....I am not sure. When you look at all of the religions of the world, there ARE many common threads. Perhaps THAT is where the truth lies.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hallo,

I don't believe in any of the religions.
Anyone that claims to know what happens after death is either, at best misguided or, at worst, an out and out charlatan.
I don't believe in god.
I am more inclined to think that reality, the meaning of life, etc, etc, is probably something that humans will never get to the bottom of. We're not as smart as we think we are. Also, there's a strong chance that we will never be privy to all the bits of the puzzle, and even if we were, it would probably be equivalent to explaining quantum physics to an amoeba.

Is there a creator? Probably not.

Conspiracies? I'm certain there's some shady sh*t going on.
I do tend to think that we give more credit to some organisations than they probably deserve.

Without giving out my blood group and shoe size, that's all you're having for now.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh goodness.. You didn't? My...but you DID! You made a religious thread one of your first as an honest to goodness new guy! Not just someone who hasn't made an account, but reading the site forever...you're really new.

I'm sorry.... That must have been one heck of a "Welcome to ATS" for ya. You could have picked Abortion, Gun Control or Obama's family history as a more controversial topic ..but then, lately? Maybe not. You hit the ground running though. Congrats on not being run clean over, given that start. lol...

Me? I'm a simple bunny with simple beliefs. I was raised Protestant and became a follower of Wicca when I became an adult to make my own choice on that. I've never regretted it. That isn't to say I was driven out of Christianity. Not at all... I still hold respect for it as a Faith and never turned my back, even if it did toward me and my choice of belief system.

It's ATS though... In terms of not expecting rough debate on some topics? Always expect that. There are folks here who could find a conspiracy in an 11yr old's lemonade stand, and by the end? Tie that in to who killed Kennedy and why we fought in Iraq. Really.... There are! Seriously!

Welcome to the nut house!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

cody599
reply to post by Tucket

I'm with OSOTC here

I have friends on ATS that vehemently disagree with my views on some things, we have argued and debated and just agreed to disagree.

What matter your background, race, creed, colour or sexual orientation ?

We are here to help each other

Why try to compartmentalise us ?

Just accept us for what and who we are

And welcome to ATS

Cody

Thanks, and I agree with your statement. I was surprised at diversity of the site. Ignorance was bliss.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The killer was the guy on the grassy knoll selling lemonade dressed as a school girl, whilst faking obama's birth certificate and making sure that Israel is behind all the evil in the world.

How did I do ?

Cody

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
All the hardcore atheists believe that the site is dominated by Christians, who keep filling the boards with religious threads and interposing religious comments.
All the hardcore Christians believe that the site is dominated by atheists, who obstruct any attempt to get religious discussion going.
The truth is probably somewhere between the two.

edit on 25-9-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

(Orders the presses to be halted in mid-print)

You...you...you've solved it! Better than finishing the theory of relativity! You've solved the major issues and mysteries that have vexed generations.

See OP? I told ya someone could tie it all together! (Of course...Cody is just joking ....right Cody? err...)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Errrrm

Yeah ..................... joking

I'm outta here

Cody

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It is a mix bag of various views here - I am a fundamental agnostic.

If you or I publish specifically our disagreement with the bible or indeed agreement with the bible then it is fair game (IMHO) for those who disagree to voice an opinion. it is a conspiracy website after all.

The bible itself is a particularly prickly subject and doesn't really get a fair show from either parties (again IMHO). Likewise - creationism (and intelligent design) but again if you publish then you should expect views from both sides of the argument.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

We have many, many different governments, nationalities, religious beliefs...you name it. Remember too...this is a private forum FULL of Atheists, Christians, Muslims, Suni, Agnostics, Buddists, gun owners, Occupiers etc.

From nearly every country and continent, language and background...we have older folks, law enforcers, high schoolers, military members, scientists, students, housewives, husbands, college and tech school grads, politicians, 1st Responders...you name it...ATS has it. Something to remember when youre addressing religious and political, scientific issues.

Some may not believe in your God or book, but have their own they believe in. Same with political views etc. You have to respect that, and its important to just keep that in mind!

Diversity is key here to making ATS what it is. I hope this explains why some topics generate the responses you mentioned.

Ive listed just my own background here (and only doing this ONCE). Imagine if EVERY member did the same!!

Mysterioustranger
*FEMA-DHS 1st Responder, EMT-Advanced Life Support, Former Professional Musician, Christian, Astral Traveler,
Monthly Emergency Management Newsletter Editor, Author,
911 ER Dispatcher-one of the big three auto comps in Michigan

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

Mmmm... forget those atheists , you did'nt mention Alienists baby !!
But as you're a newbie you are forgiven, just repeat 100 times....
GOD IS AN ALIEN !!

Oh and in space no one can hear you scream !!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't know what the majority of people on this site believe or don't believe for that matter. The only thing that I always think is that there are mostly men here. I myself am a practicing Catholic. I never get into religious debates on any sites and I don't quote bible passages because I don't really know any. Yes, I've read the bible, but I find it really boring and too hard to understand. I do believe in miracles, saints, and stories like the Lourdes, France one and Fatima. I keep those things in my heart though and never debate them.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

See OP? I told ya someone could tie it all together! (Of course...Cody is just joking ....right Cody? err...)

Errrrm

Yeah ..................... joking

I'm outta here

Just having a laugh with an old friend Tucket, I hope no offence was taken
You'll get used the lighter of side of ATS.

You've made quite the entrance !! Welcome to our little piece of madness

Why not join us in The coffee thread for a laugh and some relaxation sometime ?

Cody

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
here's how I see it....

There's several telescopes:

THE SYSTEM:

1) THE MASSES: They're to afraid, to brainwashed, don't know about alternative media or news, or just don't care to look and see how the system really works.

1) CONSPIRACY THEORISTS: They're at least somewhat free as they've looked threw the telescope and now have seen what's going on out there. They at least have an idea about the system.

1) CHRISTIANS: They don't get it. They're still locked up in the the mass hypnosis of the system and what they were taught in school.

1) CHRISTIANS CONSPIRACY THEORISTS: They understand the system.

OUR CREATION:

1) THE MASSES: They're to afraid, to brainwashed, don't much other than that they've been told we evolved from an ape, or just don't care to find out

1) CONSPIRACY THEORISTS: They often know a little more about creation but often they too will not look threw the telescope as they're too afraid and pride will hold back most people from looking. It's really sad.

1) CHRISTIANS: They've looked but they're still as bad off as the masses in most cases. outside of the church and their faith they don't know how the system works. They don't even realize that the system is run by their own enemy in most cases. But at least they were smart enough to aligned themselves with the creator.

1) CHRISTIANS CONSPIRACY THEORISTS: They understand the system. They understand the creation. They've looked threw all the telescopes and they see and understand the big picture. They've freed themselves from the matrix so to speak. And most importantly they've aligned themselves with the creator. They just get it because they actually see all the pieces on the chess board.

Of course no one knows it all. "This one thing I know, I know nothing". Socrates. But to be too chicken sheat to look and try something and understand it. Well you're either a moron or you're just a prideful, vain, egotistical brainwashed sheeple. Look, it's right there in front of you! Once you look you'll know, you can't go back after you know.
edit on 26-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The Demographics of the world suggest that yes, most should be Religious than Atheists here on ATS.

Unless the majority of ATS members come from a communist country (China) then still - yes. Majority of ATS members should believe in a God and/or Creator.

Wiki Stat

Some Blogger Stat

But we shouldn't judge people by what they believe.

Everyone should have an open mind and be prepared to discuss a topic without getting all butt-hurt when someone doesn't agree with you.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
diversity is what makes the world go round. If everyone thought, acted, dressed and believed the same thing we'd all just be robots.

<<   2 >>

join