It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrifying: Exclusive video footage of the Westgate Mall attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Somali "Government" are situated in Nairobi, they've been here for years, including the president. BS if you ask me.

Well the US forces are here to train KDF in anti-terrorism. That means Kenya will probably send in a second wave of "peace keeping" forces on behalf of the US. Keep in mind, the main purpose of the attacks is to create regional instability. Ethiopia and Uganda are now getting sucked into this mess.

Do you know why Somalia is a wasteland? because they've managed to fight off all invaders. They refuse to become westernized like the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

I'm a little confused... You almost sound like you admire Somalia? From what I know of following events over there...just living is a challenge in a place with no relative law, no authority to speak of on any level and no organized society to really say exists as anyone knows it. Western or not?

Is that inaccurate? If so, you are there..I'm not.. so you can say with direct observation vs. the media spin for whatever side they are trying to highlight at a given time?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I'm a little confused... You almost sound like you admire Somalia? From what I know of following events over there...just living is a challenge in a place with no relative law, no authority to speak of on any level and no organized society to really say exists as anyone knows it. Western or not?

Is that inaccurate? If so, you are there..I'm not.. so you can say with direct observation vs. the media spin for whatever side they are trying to highlight at a given time?

Not a chance! I can't believe you just said that :S. I'm basically repeating what they (the Somali) people have been saying for decades, hence my use of "" (Unless used sarcastically).

The people there have been governed by religious leaders/elders, similar to all African countries before colonization. A very hard lifestyle indeed, but they prefer it that way. The few that prefer a "Westernized" Society move towards Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia (Gaining citizenship being the hard part). There is no point IMO of Kenya waging an unnecessary war that will make such attacks the norm. The most the should be doing is protecting their boarders and upping their security in and around Major cities.
edit on 26-9-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well, I was actually kinda confused and wondering because it didn't sound like I could be hearing that right for meaning?

Thanks for the clarification. It's all the time spent around people who make everything "western" sound like a slur or derogatory remark. lol... It colors perceptions sometimes.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Warning to terrorists: don't try this at Wall Mart.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach
Now imagine if a few of these people actually had firearms on them.

They could be running to the shooter and taking him down instead of cowering behind shelves waiting to be shot.

There are kids in there that could get hit.....I don't know how much more of a reason people need to get weapons on people.

Why in the world would you be running towards a heavily armed individual that might be wearing body armor and with a high powered rifle?

Gun or no Gun I'd be running in the opposite direction, and if I had a gun on me I'd light him up if he got in my way.
edit on 9/26/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I thought about that as well. Our shopping centers and supermarkets are places where many people are together in close quarters and there isn't any real security at all to speak of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join