It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "The World Is More Stable Now than Five Years Ago"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yes, he actually said that. I wonder if he actually believes his own insane rhetoric. He also said that the now that he is POTUS, the USA isn't in a perpetual war footing. OMG .. this guy just brought us to the brink of WWIII a few weeks ago. When Putin stopped the war in Syria, Obama immediately tried to draw a red line for war in Iran. Yet he's standing there telling lies to the world that the USA isn't in a perpetual war footing.

Either he buys his own lies, or he just lets them fly and he doesn't care that they are so pathetic that most of the world can see right through them. I don't know which.

Obama: World More Stable Now Than Five Years Ago

U.S. President Barack Obama opened his speech to world leaders gathered for the United Nations General Assembly with the statement that the world is more stable now than five years ago, though dangers remain.

President Obama said some of the most urgent challenges he has faced during his tenure as U.S. leader have revolved around the increasingly integrated global economy and efforts to recover from the worst economic crisis "of our lifetime." But he noted progress, including the creation of new jobs, the stabilization of global financial systems and people being lifted out of poverty, though he called that progress "fragile and unequal."

And of special hypocrisy note ... Obama also claimed this ...

He also noted the end of a decade of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, saying the U.S. is now shifting away from a "perpetual war footing" and reviewing the way it gathers intelligence.

That's a load ...

edit on 9/25/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
*Yawn* I'm really ready for the next president to get here - I'm getting really tired of all the bashing of this one. It's not even upsetting to me anymore. "Obama is evil, Obama is stupid, Obama is crazy...." blah, blah, blah. Here's to a new president we can all bash on, thread after thread after thread after thread (and you know we will)! Yay!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

kaylaluv
*Yawn* I'm really ready for the next president to get here - I'm getting really tired of all the bashing of this one. It's not even upsetting to me anymore. "Obama is evil, Obama is stupid, Obama is crazy...." blah, blah, blah. Here's to a new president we can all bash on, thread after thread after thread after thread (and you know we will)! Yay!

Couldn't agree more. No fan of O, but less a fan of the constant "Obama did what?!" crowd. Bored.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Another day...another speech with words put together because they sound good, not because they have any relation to reality, on any level.

Does he forget the 20+ State Department properties closed VERY recently because of a threat SO serious, yet so vague, there was no better way to address it? First time I'd ever seen US facilites outright close on multiple continents by outside threat.

Perhaps he's missing the fact that 5 years ago, Libya had a stable Government with a population not having to fight to live ...Egypt was stable and with no ideas of revolt or seeing fighting in their streets. Syria was...well, Syria. What more can be said there?

There are SO many different ways the international scene was MORE stable in 2008, albeit less friendly in some ways, than it is today? I can't even begin to imagine where that statement came from...except speech writers who don't care about accuracy and a President who reads his lines with little thought to what they even say anymore.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Let me just say that I'm astonished that you disagree with President Obama

Who could have seen that coming?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

He also noted the end of a decade of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, saying the U.S. is now shifting away from a "perpetual war footing" and reviewing the way it gathers intelligence.

Let's see him prove it by shutting down all the useless bases in the ME and bringing our people home. Then he can say that the U.S. is now shifting away from a "perpetual war footing".

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Guys full of #. I get a bad case of Deja Poo with politicians recycling feel good speeches.

Somebody needs to JFK this fool, in fact somebody needs to Guy Fawkes the whole establishment.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If 'safer' means ending two wars that the U.S started, then yes, the world is a safer place.

I bet the U.S govt thinks it's the reason why the world is safer. Those guys love giving themselves self congratulatory slaps on the back, and it's safe to assume the next democratic presidential nominee will milk the 'we brought the troops home' angle for all it's worth.

Maybe Obama should ask the Kenyan president's nephew if he thinks the world is safer...wait, he can't. R.I.P.
edit on 25-9-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Seriously?

If I were you I'd be expecting a knock on your door soon.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

muse7
reply to post by FlyersFan

Who could have seen that coming?

So....
Do you think that President Obama is correct?
Do you agree with what he said in the OP?

Maybe you could let us know where you stand?

(post by Jefferton removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

muse7

So then I take it you agree with Obama ... that the world is much safer now than 5 years ago ... and that the USA isn't on a constant war footing? You agree with all that, even though Obama took us to the brink of WWIII last month ... and he immediately drew a red line for Iran when he couldn't bomb Syria ... and he's had us in Libya which wasn't any of our business ..etc etc ....

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Jefferton
less a fan of the constant "Obama did what?!" crowd. Bored.

Get used to it. We still have 3 1/2 more years of Obama screwing with the world. And people here aren't shy about pointing out politicians - both (R) and (D) - who step in 'it'. If you don't like it, take it up with those who voted for the guy.

Oh .. and when Christie gets in, in 2016, it'll be the same with him. He'll keep stepping in it and ATS will keep pointing it out. You should be glad. It's better than people just sitting back and letting politicians get by without people noticing or caring.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

muse7
reply to post by n00bUK

Seriously?

If I were you I'd be expecting a knock on your door soon.

If I were you I would realize that there are no threats made. I don't see how people think that if they say something on the internet that the government will come and take you away.

If the government can't even consolidate a budget. What makes you think that they are going to take the time to find this post, then find out who you are, then actively go to your house and charge you on something that isn't even a threat.

But I guess everyone is paranoid about something in the world. But to me this shell of a government is nt something of a threat.

The biggest threat to you is your fellow neighbor. The one who will turn you in for a couple hay pennies and a few kudos.

As for Obama goes. He doesn't pull the strings no matter how hard he pulls. He is the scapegoat of gov't the one people will blame for their screw ups and mistakes.

I am in no way an Obama supporter. People just don't think before they act.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

n00bUK

Somebody needs to JFK this fool, in fact somebody needs to Guy Fawkes the whole establishment.

Wonder if something like this is allowed in ATS.. its a bit iffy... its a subtle threat lol.
edit on 9/25/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Obama is a bad apple, but world def more stable than 5 yrs ago.

2 wars..nasty Hurricane... leading to a financial meltdown.

You need to be really biased to say the world is worse now.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Obama: World More Stable Now Than Five Years Ago

and............chocolate rations are up. Yeah!

The world is so NOT stable right now and it's due to the collapse of the

economy

We keep our military presence in other countries to protect our corporate assets.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

luciddream

Considering how close we were to Obama taking us into WWIII last month ...
And how, when he couldn't bomb Syria, he moved on to threatening to bomb Iran ...
I'd say the opposite ... you'd have to be really biased to say the world is more stable now.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

whitewave
and............chocolate rations are up. Yeah!

EXCELLENT 1984 reference. You are right of course .... Ministry of Truth .. Ministry of Love
... People buying the 'chocolate rations are up' rhetoric as well as who we are at war with.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

luciddream
Obama is a bad apple, but world def more stable than 5 yrs ago.

2 wars..nasty Hurricane... leading to a financial meltdown.

Nasty Typhoon with dozens dead a few days ago. Major countries bankrupt. Massive terrorist atrocity with many dozens slaughtered this week in Kenya. Dozens murdered by terrorists nearly every day in Iraq (and elsewhere). War in Syria. Unrest in Egypt.

Nah, I dont see the World being any better than it was 5 years ago.

America, maybe. But 98% of the world isn't America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join