It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting For ISON..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hi Folks..i come again with Amazing News For ISON..Now i Bring you the sequence of Great Comet ISON to you..Enjoy

As November opens, Comet ISON MIGHT have brightened to naked eye visibility, or it might not quite have reached that level of brightness yet. It should certainly be visible with a pair of binoculars to anyone who goes to a site with a dark sky unspoiled by light pollution This will be the most exciting time of the whole apparition I think, as each day more and more people get to see it.

On that subject, please note, YET AGAIN, that the tails shown in these images should NOT be taken as accurate, for either their length or brightness. They were generated by planetarium software which can’t accurately predict WHAT a comet’s tail will look like, so just use these images to guide you to WHERE to look at the times given, and take the appearance of the tail on the images with a large pinch of salt, ok?

Ok, Nov 1st, early morning..

That will be an irresistible scene for astrophotographers with a wide angle lens and a clear, dark, un light polluted sky… A little later the sky will be brighter, but if ISON has a tail by Nov 1st there should be some truly lovely pictures to be taken before dawn on Nov 1st, with that thin crescent Moon beneath it…

Below: by November 5th the comet will be here in the early morning sky…

See more ISON Amazing sequence Until 30 November 2013 here..
waitingforison.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks for that Cheesy. I was wondering where to look and now... digging out the binoc's!

This should be cool.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Have you forgotten Hale-Bop?

en.wikipedia.org...

It haunted my front door for ages....comets have never been anticipated as "benevolvent manifestations"

thecometelenin.com...

I, for one, am not excited to see Ison. But, just me and my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

missvicky
Have you forgotten Hale-Bop?

en.wikipedia.org...

It haunted my front door for ages....comets have never been anticipated as "benevolvent manifestations"

thecometelenin.com...

I, for one, am not excited to see Ison. But, just me and my 2 cents.

Tq For Your Link Sir! once again Tqx..
i already read the Comet tales from your link..its make me chills..what do you think? is comet ISOn is one if that Sign??

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks for the info and I enjoy reading about this comet. I usually stick with the political side of ATS but for some reason this comet has peeked my interest.

I have a question maybe someone could answer do we know what the mass of this comet is? I really know very little about this kind of thing and I am sorry if this question is stupid.
edit on 24-9-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks for the info and I enjoy reading about this comet. I usually stick with the political side of ATS but for some reason this comet has peeked my interest.

I have a question maybe someone could answer do we know what the mass of this comet is? I really know very little about this kind of thing and I am sorry if this question is stupid.
edit on 24-9-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Thats No Problem at All sir..i will answer with my Pleasure..

Here you Go.. :

The Jan. 30 UVOT observations reveal that ISON was shedding about 112,000 pounds (51,000 kg) of dust, or about two-thirds the mass of an unfueled space shuttle, every minute. By contrast, the comet was producing only about 130 pounds (60 kg) of water every minute, or about four times the amount flowing out of a residential sprinkler system.

While the water and dust production rates are relatively uncertain because of the comet's faintness, they can be used to estimate the size of ISON's icy body. Comparing the amount of gas needed for a normal comet to blow off dust at the rate observed for ISON, the scientists estimate that the nucleus is roughly 3 miles (5 km) across, a typical size for a comet. This assumes that only the fraction of the surface most directly exposed to the sun, about 10 percent of the total, is actively producing jets.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks for the the reply. I wondered how they could plot the path without knowing the exact mass. Also could the sun effect this by burning off mass. And could that change it's path?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Im going to watch it rocking out under the moon light, don't let it stop. I want to feel it drop

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
MiswsVicky:

thecometelenin.com...I, for one, am not excited to see Ison. But, just me and my 2 cents.

Many thanks for the link...it was an interesting read. I'm not in any way religious, but the metaphoric visuals used by the authors of 'Revelations' certainly seem to describe a cometary impact, immediately affecting a third of the world, and with the follow-on contiguous effects devastating the rest of the planet, catastrophically affecting all organic life on the planet.

Of course, there is no doubt at all that our planet will be impacted by a comet or asteroid at some date, and like Haggith has stated, the odds for any year being the bearer of that date are about equal for any particular year. Something could pop up out of the darkness, giving little time to prepare. Not that we could do anything about it, anyway.

Having now walked through the door into my early twilight years, my perception with regard to human experience is shifting from concerned immediacy for action, to one of 'whatever will be, will be'...you can call it a resigned fatalism, I suppose. Getting older does that to you. Things no longer seem as important as they do or did in youth.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by cheesy

Thanks for the the reply. I wondered how they could plot the path without knowing the exact mass. Also could the sun effect this by burning off mass. And could that change it's path?

Yes! but i dont know the calculation of it path..but for sure hope the sun dont pull this Comet with an X flare..

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Keep up the good work cheesy !!

Legendary effort keeping us all up to date.. moooooar pls !! *Was that to much encouragement* : )

Muzz

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

ya know what i think cheesy input is VALID, if you dont agree then nuts to you maggot ...

again keep the info following brother !!

Muzz

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by cheesy

The mass of the comet is irrelevant; the orbit calculation is independent of the mass. Non-gravitational effects from outgassing do have a slight effect, but that is rather minor, especially for just this single apparition comet. They're more important to determining the long-term orbits of periodic comets. The delta-V needed to significantly change the orbit of ISON is far beyond any delta-V induced by outgassing.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I remember seeing Hale-Bopp in the morning sky in January or Febuary of 1996 I think, very eerie

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ormuz
reply to post by Ormuz

ya know what i think cheesy input is VALID, if you dont agree then nuts to you maggot ...

Muzz

??!!

Apparently so do I..?!

Lol wtf mods ?

Muzz

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
so what is the earliest we will be able to see this with decent bino's, not sure where our telescope is, lol. would love to take a gander, i live in deep south, any help thank you

the bot

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Ormuz

Ormuz
reply to post by Ormuz

Muzz

??!!

Apparently so do I..?!

Lol wtf mods ?

Muzz

You sir are a horrible person and should be banned from the internet.... Wooo, i'm scared of the big, evil, avatar..lol..

edit on 24/9/2013 by lewtra because: dont know why I bother sometimes...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

dlbott
so what is the earliest we will be able to see this with decent bino's, not sure where our telescope is, lol. would love to take a gander, i live in deep south, any help thank you

the bot

Late November, maybe, if Bruce Gary's light curve holds true. It will rapidly be getting closer to the sun though, so December/January might be more realistic.

top topics

join