It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow we are FRACKIN DOOMED!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I found this video below about building robots. Now I've seen other similar videos. But it only hit me today as I think the guy gives a comparison to Asimo being like a wasp, or bee in terms of it's capacities. But then if you "REALLY THINK ABOU IT" you quickly see that Asimo and similiar bots are pretty scary. Like what's odd about it is it looks like a toy at this stage. But built up more and more you got the makings of a dooms day device.

Like we're actually seeing the first sages of our demise in operation. It's actually there right in front of us. What looks like a toy but will likely end mankind as we know it. Like all that bot and it's makers have to do is reach a stage where the bot is thinking beyond our capacities and or is also builting other bots and that's it! At any point after that they could decide that they're going to now take over the show and tell us what's what. They could so easily start to dictate what will happen to humanity.

If tptb are actually in control of them then they might use them to get rid of most people. If not then the robots might think we're like a virus and want to wipe us out. Likely one of the two scenarios could occur at some point.

The bee has become the bear, or something like that. Ahhh like when you really think about it, to actaully see this thing that could get rid of is, in it's sort of infancy is totally insane! It's like the atom B, only that we're not gonna be able to easily keep in under lock and key. It's going to be out there, replicating itself soon. Oh man we're so dead!

Like you got to really think about this...what we're seeing here is an Apple 2e or a Commador 64. All you have to do is fast forward a decade or two and you most likely have something right out of Bladerunner. Indistinguishable from a human. Oh man, this is too weird.

What do you think???

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I can't wait to own one
as long as it can make me a cup of tea and do the housework I will be happy.
Just hope they put in the laws of robotics so they don't try anything stupid.
Iam gonna call my first robot Bender unless they invent hot robot slaves chicks then I will call her Nicole

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
ROBOT DANCE OFF!!!

After that, we should turn them off.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think the bigger picture making these robots is how in the future we can use their bodies and incorporate man and machine.
I want my brain to be in a robot body that will be faster, stronger and will last many years and maybe goto the stars.
The meat around our minds is not good enough, give me chrome and steel !!!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

boymonkey74

I think the bigger picture making these robots is how in the future we can use their bodies and incorporate man and machine.
I want my brain to be in a robot body that will be faster, stronger and will last many years and maybe goto the stars.
The meat around our minds is not good enough, give me chrome and steel !!!

We have to talk about this meat around our minds deal, M.B. ... I was initially scared off with Nicole and whatever porous/accomodating increased temperature region.
Of course I'm regularly lumped in with The Magus and am certifiable-- but the Kurzweil integration is closer than we think already. On the other hand: if they could rig me a copolymer skinned Granny Nimiko that could play chess and vacuum around, I'd pay top dollar. And I'd never be able to get her drunk, just thin out her gear lube BWAHAhahahaaaa. Heck for her (or mock her) I may even be coerced into learning Japanese. I lug you.
But what a way to go, thumbs up evolved one.

EDIT:: but in fainess to the OP and Spartacus I can only wonder how many different varieties of genocide they have to perfect until they get out a can opener for one. It's beyond the pale how obvious it is now... it makes you wonder whether or not the elites spend a lot of their waking hours just dreaming up ways to wipe our pleb butts out. Maybe our whole reality is going to be physically threatened enough so it'll just blat/rupture all over Eternity Road-- like an over-full water balloon full of pre-owned Moosehead. Ahh that's better... maybe the loser in this game will be the bunch at bat when everything blows.
Drink up
edit on 23-9-2013 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

CYLONS!

:O

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

spartacus699
I found this video below about building robots. Now I've seen other similar videos. But it only hit me today as I think the guy gives a comparison to Asimo being like a wasp, or bee in terms of it's capacities. But then if you "REALLY THINK ABOU IT" you quickly see that Asimo and similiar bots are pretty scary. Like what's odd about it is it looks like a toy at this stage. But built up more and more you got the makings of a dooms day device.

Like we're actually seeing the first sages of our demise in operation. It's actually there right in front of us. What looks like a toy but will likely end mankind as we know it. Like all that bot and it's makers have to do is reach a stage where the bot is thinking beyond our capacities and or is also builting other bots and that's it! At any point after that they could decide that they're going to now take over the show and tell us what's what. They could so easily start to dictate what will happen to humanity.

If tptb are actually in control of them then they might use them to get rid of most people. If not then the robots might think we're like a virus and want to wipe us out. Likely one of the two scenarios could occur at some point.

The bee has become the bear, or something like that. Ahhh like when you really think about it, to actaully see this thing that could get rid of is, in it's sort of infancy is totally insane! It's like the atom B, only that we're not gonna be able to easily keep in under lock and key. It's going to be out there, replicating itself soon. Oh man we're so dead!

Like you got to really think about this...what we're seeing here is an Apple 2e or a Commador 64. All you have to do is fast forward a decade or two and you most likely have something right out of Bladerunner. Indistinguishable from a human. Oh man, this is too weird.

What do you think???

I think you need to turn off terminator, matrix and rest of the slue of movies that show the human species demise at the hands of AI

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It's right in front of our faces though now!!! I bet you any money that in likely less than 36 months we'll see a robot imerge that doesn't have a clunky body but a humanoid body. And much more refined. Then that will refine and refine. And then eventually the'll replace the latex with some kind of artificial skin that feels and looks human. All the while refining everything else to look and feel more and more human, plus the AI. next think you know in no time at all you'll have a humanoid. And once they start getting mass produced? Like awhhh man say goodbye to your grandkids. They're dead meat. What we're seeing right now we'll be there demize. If this goes rouge like in the movie I-Robot society is dead. I could easily see tptb using these to eradicate most people. Bring the number down to the 500 million they want. Awwhhh man the apocalypse is right around the bend. It will be Terminator meets I-robot meets the meat. The kids of what we're seeing in the video, will eliminate your grandkids and beyound. Just think even if they did create some fail safes, because most if not all of these bots will be wired into the grid, any hacker and or tpbt could so easily turn off the fail safes and send in a mass extermination program. Like in Terminator 3. It's really over!!!There really will be no future generations. It's over for us! Oh man this is crazy!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Okay I watched the rest of the movie. so ya I guess it makes sense. I would almost help to explain what could be the mark of the beast talked about in the bible.

So if some people get the quantum computer implant that alters there person so drastically that they're no longer really human, that could potentially be the mark of the beast.

but I see what they're saying about having all kinds of different types of thigns from: humans, bots, cyborgs, maybe matrix type (who are completely jacked in), and whatever else. That's actually where it is right now. Only that there's not a lot of people who have cybornetic implants, and those that do aren't very advanced. Same with bots. And then as far as people jacked in full time well those are what see right now as the "gamers". They play video games all day and they are jacked into that reality. It's a lot of fun and I can see why they don't want to put it down either.

So fast forward to where you can buy implants at bestbuy ahhh man that would be weird. Even these google glasses are gonna change a lot of things.

new topics

top topics

join