It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION: Some people may have received an e-mail from [email protected]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The e-mail contained a threat related to a recent topic on the forum this weekend.

I did not send it. It contained a return address that mad it appear as though I sent it.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
While it's up in the air... When are we going to get our own @abovetopsecret.com email addresses?

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
thanks for rclearing up the air. I got that bullsh*t. I'm glad to hear it's not you. Hopwever someone is breaking into your account or something william

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah I got one too, some threat about how I'm going to feel like I should have never registered here or something. The problem with immature kids these days....

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No, the e-mail was sent from another server, using my address as the return address, it's very easy to do.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I got 2 emails today (although not from that return address), and both of them made my virus scan light up (first time it ever did that).

Wonder if its related?

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
...on that note...just to be safe, let me point out that I don't send any email from my abovetopsecret.com addy...its only for email reception...

...so if anyone receives anything from my ATS addy...it ain't me...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
what was contained int he email

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
what was contained int he email

it was a threat to not bring up 'Jessup'

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
My emails? Im not sure, I just clicked on it, and my virus protection screen popped up. I immediately deleted them.

who

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Is there any chance this is related to my Norton Internet security warnings that go off so often? It has only happened in the last few days, says a remote computer is trying to access mine. Just wondering if its linked, thats all.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
probably not, we are only talking about one screwy individual, not an army of hackers as he wants us to believe

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by who
Is there any chance this is related to my Norton Internet security warnings that go off so often? It has only happened in the last few days, says a remote computer is trying to access mine. Just wondering if its linked, thats all.

Probably not. If you're on DSL, it may be your ISP pinging you to see if your connection is still active. This will trigger alarms if your security level is set high.

As for the forging emails, it's terribly easy to do. Here's the "Old GeEzErZ" guide to tracking down forged email and spam. Warning: it looks long and complicated. It's not terribly hard. The important part is learning to read the headers:

www.claws-and-paws.com...

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
An easier version is at Internet Privacy For Dummies site:

www.internetprivacyfordu... mmies.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=listarticles&secid=3

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Got that one this morning about Jessup and ####!!!!

William.....you'll have an apology in your emails today....damn...scared the # out of me this morning!

Grovel.....grovel.....

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
yeah i thought all members with 4 or more stars were gonna get @abovetopsecret.com e-mail addy's, what happened?

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
why can't i log in? i can post to a topic, but it always says not logged in? what is up with that?

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
why can't i log in? i can post to a topic, but it always says not logged in? what is up with that?

I don't know... why don't you start a new topic in the XMB forum and give me a better description of your problem.

new topics

top topics

join