It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre misdelivery of package

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thought I'd share about something very bizarre that happened a few days ago. Maybe some of you have had something similar happen and/or have an explanation (paranormal or otherwise)?

I ordered a present (online) for a friend in a nearby village. When I was completing the delivery address field in the order section of the website, I nearly was going to put my friend's address. I decided not to because I wanted to wrap the present and give it to her myself. Anyway, I got a call from her the other day to say she has a package for me that has somehow been misdelivered to her address (it had my address on it) and that she'll drop it off later that day. Turns out it's the present I ordered for her!

Does anyone have any idea how this could have happened??? Our addresses are in no way similar, not even the same village. I hardly ever see the postman and very rarely speak to him (unless he's delivering a signed for package) so he had no idea I was ordering a package for a friend in a nearby village, and anyway I ordered several things that day - it was only that package that went to the friend! And it wasn't even as if the postman was leaving it there because we weren't in. Firstly, I don't know him and he doesn't know that I know the lady at the other address. Secondly, there are many houses in between my address and hers that he could have left it at instead. Thirdly, and most importantly with regards this point, she wasn't signing for it because I wasn't in - it was simply misdelivered to her address.

The only thing I have come up with so far is a paranormal type of explanation: in that split second where I considered putting my friend's address as the delivery address instead of mine, I somehow imprinted a sort of energetic command or intent (maybe even via the internet???) that caused the package to go straight to the friend.

Any other ideas? Feel free to share similar weird occurrences.

Aelf

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Check the internet invoice for the delivery address in case you actually put hers and thought you put yours.

Couriers here in the UK use their delivery sheets instead of the label when delivering, as I recently realised when a label was misprinted, and often delivery addresses online are determined by postcode/zipcode and the invoice address could be separate to delivery address. All things to consider.
edit on 22-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The power of thought.

You wanted her to get the gift so badly, you actually influenced more than you intended too.
I think this can be put into a similar box with knowing who is calling you before you answer the phone, or thinking of someone and then have that very person message/call you, or meet you unexpectedly.

The mind is a wonderful thing.
Nice story, thanks for sharing. S&F

I'm not going question whether you put her or your address in there. You obviously checked, otherwise you wouldn't be writing this thread.

edit on 22/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added comment

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You set it up this way so you could have something interesting and out of the ordinary
to have in common with your friend. Very Randyvious of you. and most of all effective.
edit on 22-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If you read all my post you'd see that the package had MY address on it! That's the only part the postman would see. Just checked the invoice anyway - it only has my address for both billing and shipping addresses.

theabsolutetruth

Check the internet invoice for the delivery address in case you actually put hers and thought you put yours.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I mentioned it because couriers etc mostly use the barcodes on their delivery sheet as opposed to labels.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I wouldn't get to upset. When I worked at Fedex, we used to do some crazy stuff. We HAD to deliver packages, so even if there were an accident, we had to find a way around. Or deliver it to a friend or relative, we'd ask around at the post or store, even the local school. There were alot of "Oh her friend lives over there" so we'd deliver it to get it off the truck and hope no one would call in a miss delivery. And sometimes would drop it off, and hope the people would call or drop it off to be a good neighbor!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply Rainbowresidue! You could well be right! It was on my mind a little as I was concerned the present wouldn't get there in time (it was a birthday present). Yes it may well be similar to knowing who's phoning, or thinking of them and then they call. That intent thing. Or some sort of telepathic command.

Btw, thanks for assuming I had enough common sense that I'd already checked whose address was on the envelope! I actually mention that in my post (that it had my address on it), and also talk about my friend letting me know it had been misdelivered. Additionally, this friend has never received any other packages with my name and address on it before. Nor would we expect to, since we live over a mile away from each other and do not have similar addresses.

Aelf

Rainbowresidue

The power of thought.

You wanted her to get the gift so badly, you actually influenced more than you intended too.
I think this can be put into a similar box with knowing who is calling you before you answer the phone, or thinking of someone and then have that very person message/call you, or meet you unexpectedly.

The mind is a wonderful thing.
Nice story, thanks for sharing. S&F

I'm not going question whether you put her or your address in there. You obviously checked, otherwise you wouldn't be writing this thread.

edit on 22/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added comment

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

can u call the delivery agency and ask them maybe?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Your welcome and ...
Great minds think alike.

The phone thing happens to me all the time. My husband has turned it into a betting game.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
When firstly deciding whether to drop ship it to her address,
you typed in her info,
Then
deciding afterwards to send it to yourself so it could be wrapped prior to presenting it,
you typed in your address.

The glitch is, the web page info was sent, then you changed the address
and the shipping address being yours is invented,
or,
The paranormal did happen here.
or,
NSA dropped the ball and interfered with the performance of the online store's business by causing error on shipping detail.

I'm leaning toward 2...or 1

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
You can't really explain it away like that. Firstly, the package wasn't a sign for item. It was a package from amazon, who I often order from, and packages from amazon always just get left at end of my drive in a post box. Also, even when it is a sign for, my postman for some reason takes it on himself to sign for it for me and leaves it in a shed (if it's quite big). This package was small and did NOT require a signature. It came from normal royal mail post service, not from a delivery company.

Also there are many, many houses in between ours - we live over a mile away. So now you know that - do you have any other explanations?

iwontrun

I wouldn't get to upset. When I worked at Fedex, we used to do some crazy stuff. We HAD to deliver packages, so even if there were an accident, we had to find a way around. Or deliver it to a friend or relative, we'd ask around at the post or store, even the local school. There were alot of "Oh her friend lives over there" so we'd deliver it to get it off the truck and hope no one would call in a miss delivery. And sometimes would drop it off, and hope the people would call or drop it off to be a good neighbor!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You may well be right! Certainly it seems my intent was able to link up in a powerful way.

randyvs

You set it up this way so you could have something interesting and out of the ordinary
to have in common with your friend. Very Randyvious of you. and most of all effective.
edit on 22-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The package had my address on it. I never entered her address on computer and anyway I don't actually know her full address (post code) so I would have had to check with her. And anyway IT HAD MY ADDRESS ON PACKAGE!!!!!

Can you explain more about your first option??? How can that work if my address was printed on the package?????

imd12c4funn
When firstly deciding whether to drop ship it to her address,
you typed in her info,
Then
deciding afterwards to send it to yourself so it could be wrapped prior to presenting it,
you typed in your address.

The glitch is, the web page info was sent, then you changed the address
and the shipping address being yours is invented,
or,
The paranormal did happen here.
or,
NSA dropped the ball and interfered with the performance of the online store's business by causing error on shipping detail.

I'm leaning toward 2...or 1

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The package was not delivered by a courier, it was delivered by standard royal mail. Also, as I said in another reply, I checked the invoice and my address is both the invoice (billing) address and delivery address. And my address was on package.

theabsolutetruth

Couriers here in the UK use their delivery sheets instead of the label when delivering, as I recently realised when a label was misprinted, and often delivery addresses online are determined by postcode/zipcode and the invoice address could be separate to delivery address. All things to consider.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's certainly a valid thought. But this package was delivered by standard royal mail, not a courier or any type of special delivery. (I didn't want to pay extra postage on any signed for or next day delivery option - so I just opted for normal first class post). I'm looking at the package now. It says 'Delivered by Royal Mail' on the label. I will now also double check all email correspondences.....

..... my address is on all emails, underneith where it says 'Your order will be sent to' and 'Your order was sent to'

Aelf

theabsolutetruth

I mentioned it because couriers etc mostly use the barcodes on their delivery sheet as opposed to labels.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The phone thing happens a lot to me too :-) I also get it with emails, letters and have people turn up after I think of them. Really seems like we're all connected in some mysterious way.

Rainbowresidue

Your welcome and ...
Great minds think alike.

The phone thing happens to me all the time. My husband has turned it into a betting game.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Have you thought that maybe it's just a coincidence?
A bizarre one, granted, but a coincidence none the less?
It's the most probable reason.
I must admit, you do seem to be hell bent on refusing to accept the more rational ideas put to you.
I know it would be great for something spooky and paranormal to have happened to you, and it's good to have an open mind, but don't open your mind too much, your brain might fall out.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I like to keep an open mind on subjects, but must admit I do like to have a certain healthy amount of skepticism, otherwise we could just say 'wow this is paranormal' about everything! (E.g. 'Oh my god, how did you know I wanted a cup of coffee, you must have read my mind!' .... 'Ummm because you just asked for one, don't you remember?!' ;-)

However, it would be good if the same scrutiny as is applied to paranormal explanations would be applied to the logical ones. It seems quite a few have been jumping to a rational explanation when it hasn't actually been thought through properly. Almost like they have only skim read my post (or maybe not even that!)

Would be great to hear other similar experiences and ideas on what might have caused such a bizarre occurrence. I can't help but think it's something paranormal. Another idea I had is that these types of things happen when we're able to program reality different, a bit like the matrix. Somehow, we're able to 'get in there' and alter the normal seemingly 'logical' flow of events. If we can work out exactly how we do that, well, it could be a pretty useful ability :-) For instance, I'm thinking now about that friend phoning me - but she's not phoning me. Maybe it's a certain way we think about them - a certain underlying focused feeling that brings about these curious occurrences? Anyone noticed a pattern? Maybe you were more relaxed, deep in thought about the person/thing in a day dream type way? Maybe it's not just about us, but other influences are at work too?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Rainbowresidue

Your welcome and ...
Great minds think alike.

I think he did something wrong and he doesn't remember.
edit on 22-9-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join