It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre misdelivery of package

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Aelfrede
I've already mentioned this several times. My address is the billing and delivery address in all email communication from amazon and on the invoice on the package. My name and address are on the package. I do not have my friend's full postal address! If you re-read my OP you will see I only considered sending it to her a for a moment.

WarminIndy
reply to post by Aelfrede

Did you post the billing address as different than the delivery address? Sometimes online companies use the billing address when mailing packages. I don't think it is paranormal related, they just sent her the package to her address with your billing address. That happens sometimes.

Well then, that is strange. Amazon uses the automated system now, they go by the bar codes. You said you never bought anything for her before from Amazon? If you did, then it might be a glitch in their system, Amazon still thinks I live at the same address I did 8 years ago. And Amazon keeps trying to charge a debit card that I no longer have, after I changed it on their website.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you have been reading the thread fully (time might not allow you to) but I never entered my friend's address onto the computer because I decided not to send it directly to her. Additionally, I don't even know her full postal address (I would have had to have asked her for it).

WarminIndy

Aelfrede
You're welcome and thanks for suggesting them. It will be interesting what I will find out. I'm aware the post man might not remember posting that item, but he may well be aware if he deliberately posted it to a different address for some reason (and if that's the case, what that reason could possibly be will be even more interesting). It's more likely he/she (I think it's still a he) did it by mistake. But what a mistake! If it was a mistake, and there is a paranormal explanation, makes me wonder what that could be. What did he see when he looked at that address. Let's say if it was to do with my intent, does that mean my intent influenced him mentally so that he saw a different address? Also, maybe it wasn't just to do with my intent but also his 'receptivity'?

grubblesnert

".................See if they can remember purposefully delivering the package to my friend's address and if so, find out why would they do that."

Good thinking! going in a direction I had not considered.

P.S. Thank you for considering some of my suggestions

Was this a regular postman, like the mailman? Did the mailing address have a bar code on it? If it had a bar code on the sticker, then he was going by what the bar code says. If you ordered it online, then who you ordered it from would have the bar code label on there that has your billing address and the mailing address.

When I ordered a kit for my genetics test from the company, they didn't even put on it my address, but it had a bar code that contained my address, the billing address and the return address. That's how they keep it confidential. All I had to do was close the box, seal it and then put it back into the outgoing mail. The Post Office only had to scan it to know where it was going. Apparently your friend got the package from an automated mail delivery system, which is what most online companies are doing.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Aelfrede
I'm not sure if you have been reading the thread fully (time might not allow you to) but I never entered my friend's address onto the computer because I decided not to send it directly to her. Additionally, I don't even know her full postal address (I would have had to have asked her for it).

WarminIndy

Aelfrede
You're welcome and thanks for suggesting them. It will be interesting what I will find out. I'm aware the post man might not remember posting that item, but he may well be aware if he deliberately posted it to a different address for some reason (and if that's the case, what that reason could possibly be will be even more interesting). It's more likely he/she (I think it's still a he) did it by mistake. But what a mistake! If it was a mistake, and there is a paranormal explanation, makes me wonder what that could be. What did he see when he looked at that address. Let's say if it was to do with my intent, does that mean my intent influenced him mentally so that he saw a different address? Also, maybe it wasn't just to do with my intent but also his 'receptivity'?

grubblesnert

".................See if they can remember purposefully delivering the package to my friend's address and if so, find out why would they do that."

Good thinking! going in a direction I had not considered.

P.S. Thank you for considering some of my suggestions

Was this a regular postman, like the mailman? Did the mailing address have a bar code on it? If it had a bar code on the sticker, then he was going by what the bar code says. If you ordered it online, then who you ordered it from would have the bar code label on there that has your billing address and the mailing address.

When I ordered a kit for my genetics test from the company, they didn't even put on it my address, but it had a bar code that contained my address, the billing address and the return address. That's how they keep it confidential. All I had to do was close the box, seal it and then put it back into the outgoing mail. The Post Office only had to scan it to know where it was going. Apparently your friend got the package from an automated mail delivery system, which is what most online companies are doing.

I would suggest calling Amazon to see what happened and inform them that in the future, your billing and mailing address are the same.

But yes, I do agree that it is strange how she would get the package intended for her ultimately.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No, I have never bought anything for her on amazon before. So her address is not in my amazon address book/list (I checked that earlier and mentioned it in a previous reply). Thanks for your thoughts. Makes sense to rule out these things that may have been overlooked before thinking about the paranormal. I think I have ruled out all obvious rational answers. But I will get bar code checked out (even though it will be a mystery unto itself if it comes up with her address, because I never entered her address nor do I even know her full address!) What will be most interesting is what the postman has to say - I just don't understand what reason he'd have to deliberately deliver a package that does not need to be signed for to someone else's address who lives over a mile away from me with many other houses in between, and our addresses are not at all similar: house names are not similar and we don't live in the same village. No one but myself knew the contents of that package were destined for my friend.

WarminIndy

Aelfrede
I've already mentioned this several times. My address is the billing and delivery address in all email communication from amazon and on the invoice on the package. My name and address are on the package. I do not have my friend's full postal address! If you re-read my OP you will see I only considered sending it to her a for a moment.

WarminIndy

Did you post the billing address as different than the delivery address? Sometimes online companies use the billing address when mailing packages. I don't think it is paranormal related, they just sent her the package to her address with your billing address. That happens sometimes.

Well then, that is strange. Amazon uses the automated system now, they go by the bar codes. You said you never bought anything for her before from Amazon? If you did, then it might be a glitch in their system, Amazon still thinks I live at the same address I did 8 years ago. And Amazon keeps trying to charge a debit card that I no longer have, after I changed it on their website.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
But for that order my billing and mailing (delivery) address were the same. My name and address. Also remember that they don't have my friend's address, I don't even have her full postal address!

Yes it is very strange that she got that package that was destined for her.

WarminIndy

Aelfrede

I would suggest calling Amazon to see what happened and inform them that in the future, your billing and mailing address are the same.

But yes, I do agree that it is strange how she would get the package intended for her ultimately.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It seems like an amazing coincidence and would certainly spook me up but what i don`t understand is

I nearly was going to put my friend's address.

And then

I don't actually know her full address (post code)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

TheOutcast
Have you thought that maybe it's just a coincidence?
A bizarre one, granted, but a coincidence none the less?
It's the most probable reason.
I must admit, you do seem to be hell bent on refusing to accept the more rational ideas put to you.
I know it would be great for something spooky and paranormal to have happened to you, and it's good to have an open mind, but don't open your mind too much, your brain might fall out.

Peace.

There is no such thing as coincidence; everything happens for a reason.

This person applied a "thought stamp" to the address field which was "picked up" by the person who delivered it.
Or, it was this person's spirit guide making this happen just to verify to her/him what our thoughts are capable of.
The mind is a powerful thing, indeed!

As the veil is lifted, more and more things will be brought out to make people aware.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

fenian8
It seems like an amazing coincidence and would certainly spook me up but what i don`t understand is

And then

Can I take it from your comment that I'm not the only smelling BS?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

sled735

TheOutcast
I must admit, you do seem to be hell bent on refusing to accept the more rational ideas put to you.
I know it would be great for something spooky and paranormal to have happened to you, and it's good to have an open mind, but don't open your mind too much, your brain might fall out.

Peace.

This person applied a "thought stamp" to the address field which was "picked up" by the person who delivered it.
Or, it was this person's spirit guide making this happen just to verify to her/him what our thoughts are capable of.

As the veil is lifted, more and more things will be brought out to make people aware.

So, coincidence doesn't exist, but "Spirit Guides" and "Thought Stamps" are perfectly acceptable?

Um, okay, I can't believe how far from rational thought I was.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOutcast

Yes, it is. You have a lot of "spiritual growing" to do, my friend.
Better start on that research now so you can catch up.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOutcast

I`m not one to cast aspersions but

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Blimey. Seems some are so quick to jump on the 'they're making it up it's bull#' wagon.

I'll tell it to you how it was. I was ordering some movies my friend likes. I'm about to fill out the delivery address field on order page of amazon website. I think for a moment, I could actually stick my friends address in so it goes straight to her (which I don't have post code for, so if I had decided to do that, I'd have needed to check with her what it was) then I decided I'd rather it come straight to me so I can wrap it and give it to her in person. If you look back through my replies you'll see I already mentioned that (about if I had decided to send it to her I would have needed to check what her postcode was). Have you never been in that position before, where you thought about sending something to someone in post and knew that to be able to do that you'd need to find out their post code first (I think you call it zip code in the US?)?

TheOutcast

fenian8

And then

Can I take it from your comment that I'm not the only smelling BS?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I like that term 'thought stamp'. Yes that's how it seemed to me, that somehow I 'stamped' the order with the intent of a different delivery address. Also my mind focused intently on my friend getting the present (films) so that in the end she got them sooner than expected!

Spirit guide - another interesting suggestion. Or other spirits in the spirit world, if it's possible for them to influence events in such a way (if they exist that is ;-) All possibilities to consider!

sled735

TheOutcast

Peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is definitely a strange story but I think there is a rational explanation for this.

I would start with the postman, ask him why he chose to deliver the package to your friends address. I guess we all agree it's not a mixup or something. So there must be a reason why dropped it at your friend.

Maybe even he can't find a logical explanation for it, who knows?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm on the case today! Will be contacting post office later to find out name of postman on duty for my area that day. Also need to get the bar code scanned at post office depo. Will be interesting to see what it brings up.

Danowski
This is definitely a strange story but I think there is a rational explanation for this.

I would start with the postman, ask him why he chose to deliver the package to your friends address. I guess we all agree it's not a mixup or something. So there must be a reason why dropped it at your friend.

Maybe even he can't find a logical explanation for it, who knows?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Well having worked for Canada Post for 25 years, I can certainly tell you that there have been many strange things happen regarding the mail. As most people know almost all of the mail these days are run through machines. Sometimes the machines EAT the mail. Usually the mail that has to be repaired gets sent to the manual sort station to be fixed and then hand sorted. The repair jobs are usually done by the clerks who are on modified duties . One day my partner and I were doing the repairs and we get a small package that had been ripped open and the contents were all spilled in the bin. She started to pick up the contents which were photos and realized that the photos were of her and her sister on vacation. The package was addressed to her from her sister 3 Provinces away and were from their vacation which was 1 month prior. Talk about freaky. What are the chances that she would get these photos that ran through a postal system that handles millions of pieces a day literally dropped in her lap. Gives a new meaning to "Pics or it didn't happen" or else a extreme coincidence which ever way you want to look at it.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Went to the royal mail sorting office today in my local town. Found out that the bar codes on amazon cardboard package are all amazon bar codes, nothing to do with mail delivery. The royal mail employee showed me examples of packages with their bar codes and that those bar codes look different. They also found out the name of my postman. I told them about the strange incident (and their colleague) both were baffled. They said they doubt it would be misdelivered because the addresses are so different. Best they could come up with is if the postman knows we're friends and somehow knows my friend was expecting a package from me (which he didn't, I hardly ever see, let alone speak to, my postman because I have a long drive and they normally leave mail at end of drive in a post box) also my friend didn't know that I was expecting a package with a gift for her.

They are going to let my postman know about the strange incident and will give him my phone number (I said I want to speak to him to see if he remembers purposefully delivering the package to my friend's address) they also have borrowed the packaging to show the postman to see if it jogs his memory. I asked for the packaging back when they've finished and they said they'll post it to me LOL They say they are now intrigued and would like to get to the bottom of this too.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
My postman just called round in person. He handed me the packaging and said he doesn't know how he managed it because it's never happened before but it must have been a mistake. He actually explained it as: 'I was being stupid' (as in dense). That he must have been a bit tired and not thinking properly. I pointed out that I've never ordered anything for that friend in the post before, and that also nothing of mine has ever been delivered to her by mistake before. He admitted that it is very strange.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I actually had a similar experience which was very coincidental.
I had just hired a new staff member for my employer.
Her first week at work she came in with a letter addressed to me with my address on it.
It had been delivered to her house in error.
We did not live on the same street exactly but in the same area and do not have similar names or anything.
The oddest part was that she handed it to me like it was't strange and I just said thanks and took it without it feeling like anything extraordinary had happened.
I didnt really think about the odds of it being delivered to someone who knew me personally until much later, much less someone I had only just met and interviewed.
Weird.

edit on 24/9/13 by skonaz because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this! It is very bizarre. And I believe is more than a coincidence.

It's like with my package. What really are the odds of a package accidentally being delivered to my friend's address (whose address is nothing like my address and has never accidentally received any of my post before) who I've never ordered anything for in the post before - that she would then receive the items destined for her?! It was great to actually speak to the postman earlier and hear it from him - there was no logic, there was no 'well i know your friends and for some reason I just felt like she should have your mail today' - like he said to me, it wasn't an item that needed to be signed for so there was no need to deliver it purposefully to anyone else.

mipher
Well having worked for Canada Post for 25 years, I can certainly tell you that there have been many strange things happen regarding the mail. As most people know almost all of the mail these days are run through machines. Sometimes the machines EAT the mail. Usually the mail that has to be repaired gets sent to the manual sort station to be fixed and then hand sorted. The repair jobs are usually done by the clerks who are on modified duties . One day my partner and I were doing the repairs and we get a small package that had been ripped open and the contents were all spilled in the bin. She started to pick up the contents which were photos and realized that the photos were of her and her sister on vacation. The package was addressed to her from her sister 3 Provinces away and were from their vacation which was 1 month prior. Talk about freaky. What are the chances that she would get these photos that ran through a postal system that handles millions of pieces a day literally dropped in her lap. Gives a new meaning to "Pics or it didn't happen" or else a extreme coincidence which ever way you want to look at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join